1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows So I got a free APB key

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by pimonserry, 17 Jun 2010.

1. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

By being a 'Gold' member from registering my gfx card on their website.
    Apparently I get 5hrs of proper gameplay free with the code, and will then need to subscribe.

Probably not the best week to start playing, as I'm in the middle of my A2 exams, but oh well.

Does anyone else play APB? I didn't know it was released yet. And I've never played a pay-to-play game before, only Guild Wars.

Edit: EA are handing out the same deal (free keys for 5hrs before July) here.

Last edited: 17 Jun 2010
    Veles likes this.
  2. line2008

line2008 What is this "dremel" you speak of?

I was a beta tester for APB, didn't really like the game at all, im just waiting for need for speed world to chuck my money at :D

3. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I was a Beta tester, it was a rubbish game. The environment was so boring.

4. pimonserry

Hrm.

I'll try my 5 free hours and see how they go.
    I won't get my hopes up though (client downloading now).

5. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

+1

6. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

I still play the original APB on the lynx....it's still awesom

7. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I was in the closed beta and now i'm in the PTW. Looks like EA doesn't want my money since the steam preorder is not available here, so i'll just keep playing the PTW for now.

Awesome game though, absoloutely hooked.

8. pimonserry

I have to say, contrary to what those who posted above said, I'm quite enjoying it. It's a bit anarchic, but the gameplay is half decent, it just needs a bit of polish.

Anyone know how to get more than 5hrs Action District time in the Key To The City event? If it needs payment that's fine, a link to where I can buy a few more hours would be great.

9. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

You'll have to wait untill the game comes out. Or get another one of those KTTC keys.

pimonserry likes this.
  10. pimonserry

It's ok, I found store.apb.com. But I've got another KttC key anyway, I just need to figure out how to add it :lol:
    Edit: don't think you can add a second key :(
    Double edit: Gah, you can't have any more than 5 hours in the KttC event. I was enjoying that :(

As you imply though, the points may not work until release date :(

Last edited: 19 Jun 2010
  11. jono51

jono51 What's a Dremel?

I went and watched a few videos of it on youtube and it looks a bit like a large deathmatch with the occasional team of friends. Is there any structured stuff, e.g. missions for teams?

12. pimonserry

It's not constant PvP - as you're running around in an 'Action' district, you get offered missions every, say, 20 seconds or so. Most of them are 'Someone on the other team has started a generic mission, go against them' but some are things like 'Someone stole this truck - go get it back or kill them' or whatever. Of course, there's also the 'Start a generic mission' and normally someway through that mission someone will be brought in to go against you.

If you're on your own and you go into a mission, there might be two people against you - you can call for backup, and it must jump up to 2v2, then if the other team are of a lower average rank, it might jump to 2v3 etc., to make larger missions.
    Alternatively, you join a group before starting a mission (typically with 4 people) and then the mission will start as a 4v4.

Also, thankfully, there's no loss when you die (apart from possibly failing your mission), so you don't have to keep an eye on money or what-have-you.

And there's the Social district, which has unlimited time (no need to pay) and the character customisation in there, and no combat.

I'm really enjoying this, even if the environments are a bit bland, I've nearly reached the end of my 5hrs in about <2 days since I got it. Roll on July 2nd, I think I'll buy it :)

13. jono51

jono51 What's a Dremel?

Sounds pretty good then. I'll be sure to check it out soon.