1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

I find that with my rear the tread gets rounded off at the back, the grove, instead of having straight sides gets a radius on it at the back while the front peaks up. I reckon it's from jumping on the throttle hard out of corners. My front seems to wear pretty evenly without too much squaring off.

Moriquendi

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I swear you guys are gonna make me finally make real on a long-time threat and buy a bike come Christmas bonus and some more income...
    Specifically, a Suzuki B-King.

3. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

go for it, just change the end cans! The bking looks awesome with a pair of stumpy carbon end cans on it, looks like a bit of a wheelbarrow with the originals:D

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I LOVE those scud-missile-launcher cans on it stock.
    And from everything I've read, they're amazing bikes to ride, and controllable (given the fact that it is a Naked 'Busa in essence, that's important).
    AND, seeing as they're selling badly, they cost about 25% less than a GSXR-1000
    There's not a single one in town, though.

5. RTT

RTT #parp

This road is sheer awesomeness - the B4011 from Thame to Blackthorn (turn right onto the A41, go about 5 miles = biker cafe + shop)

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Looks pretty good, what makes it especially awesome?

7. RTT

RTT #parp

Rich's list of things that make a good road -

• Corners - good visibility/predictability and variety (long sweeping, tight, S bends)
    • Surface - smooth and lacking in repairs/seams and manholes (etc). Also good verges = no/little gravel on outsides of corners so you can use more of the road. Good surfaces mean you can ride the lines you want, rather than riding around potholes, seams, drain covers, etc.
    • Other traffic - or rather, lack of
    • Elevation - ups and downs are fun, especially combined with corners. Rollercoasters :thumb:
    • Remoteness - the less junctions and turnings onto the road the better (less chance of dosy person pulling out on you, less gravel where where roads meet)

Feel free to add :D

8. Krikkit

I think that's pretty much everything I want in a road (and more, in fact, gravel and manholes make little difference in a car where you tend to have to stick to your own lane 95% of the time).

9. Moriquendi

Straight stretches to allow for overtaking of numpties. Or at least corners you can see round enough to overtake.

Unexpected gravel will ruin your day fast, I hate it.

Moriquendi

10. Krikkit

Smoothness is a factor which means a lot of roads close to my house are out for bikers - mid-corner rippling and jiggling doesn't bode well I imagine.

11. wiby645

wiby645 Minimodder

finally, after 2 years of waiting i took the 33bhp restrictor off my gixxer
    it was suprisingly easy to do aswell, just take off the seat, unplug the old ecu, plug in the new ecu, seat back on and it was done.
    didnt get much chance 2 ride it 2day, but from what i did i was amazed!!
    below 5k revs it feels exactly the same, but over 5k and woah!!! haha im gonna have fun this summer :D

12. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

Been at the Plymouth megaride today :)
    Estimated 8000 bikes, was... epic :)

13. RTT

RTT #parp

14. Krikkit

That looks like one badass day of driving. Hope it's as good as it looks! :D

15. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Yes. I've lost the scars after 3 years but I was biking in Goa and had a nasty spill because of sand/gravel on the road.

Overtaking is never a problem. I'm a reckless *******, so I just jump ahead whenever I get the opportunity :p

16. wiby645

wiby645 Minimodder

anyone going 2 do the protest lap of the m25 on saturday? or moto gp on sunday?

17. TheDoctor

TheDoctor So what seems to be the problem?

Nope, don't live anywhere near enough to do either of them, but I will be hitting the roads at the weekend if the weather stays like this (and it is supposed to)

Quite nice having the dales only 10 mins away and the Lake District a couple hours away :)

18. Moriquendi

Gravel is a constant problem here, particularly on the back roads in winter when it gets washed onto the road from driveways. Cow s**t is just as bad, that stuff is slippery as hell.

I'm a bit like that, or I was until I nearly went over the bonnet of someone who pulled out of a driveway, I'm more cautious now.

Moriquendi

19. RTT

RTT #parp

Yup, platinum seats on the new section :D Shame Rossi has a broken leg but should be good nevertheless

20. aradreth

aradreth What's a Dremel?

Lucky *******! I'm so very jealous.