1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The iPhone 4 / iOS Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 7 Jun 2010.

1. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Its out now. I'm currently downloading it.

EDIT: And finished :)

Last edited: 21 Jun 2010
  2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Download via iTunes is taking forever for me but I believe I've managed to locate an official download source for the 3G. Downloading now, I'll let y'all know how it goes :)

3. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Downloaded and installed... been playing for the past 30mins ish... Looks reasonable.. cant see it being much different to be honest.

Andy

4. mooseguy

mooseguy Crazy Moose

Has anyone else had an email from 3 saying 'pre order now', but not linking to anywhere on the website?

5. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

6. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

Damn I'm gutted about that! I never thought of that. I suppose all those games are controlled with keyboard and mouse so unless the phone can control them it's all for nowt. :(

I guess one game you could try is Desktop Tower Defence:
    http://www.kongregate.com/games/preecep/desktop-tower-defense-1-5

Very kind of you to offer to help by the way!

Besides the games, the one other thing I was keen about with that Desire phone, is the screen looks quite big, and I like that. It's not so much bigger that it wouldn't fit in my pocket, but it's big enough that watching a film on it must be really nice. But really I'm all about the games, so I'll have to research it long and hard.

7. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

All my stores stock has arrived and now looking forward to Thursday

8. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Yep - it just goes to the registration screen. I also got a second email with the same content, but with a different header.

9. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Very Odd. Well I have the whole of Thursday off now anyway, so hopefully Three and T-mobile will have their stock/prices available then and I'll get the option to look at all of them before committing though it looks like Voda will offer the best deals for me. Hopefully they will do some random MMS addon for peanuts that will give me say, 20MMS a month for a quid.

10. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Really.
    Can you hold one? On contract?

11. Puk

Puk (A shrewd and knavish sprite)

I'm gutted as i can't get mine on Thursday :( as i'm at Glastonbury =D but i'm not so fussed as waiting for the dev team to jailbreak 4.0, i'd be damned if i'm having a bog standard iphone after having 3 jailbroken so far.

12. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

I've got O2 on the run. I've had crappy reception with them all the time i've had this 3G and now they decide they're gonna limit my data. No O2, Just, No. So I called them And Got my PAC code. they said that on thursday they can offer me an upgrade tarrif that might change my mind. So i'm ringing them at 8:00am when hteir lines open and If i don't get an offer I like (a-la 1Gb of data for less money than Vodafone) then I'm heading to my Local Vodafone shop who are reserving a Black 32Gb Handset for me for the day. Gonna go there for 9:00am opening time just to be sure.
    If O2 do talk me round then I'm going to go and pick up the handset from my local O2 store. But I doubt they'll convince me :p

And i've got a buyer for my 16GB iPhone 3G for £200, nicely covering the entry fee. Result.

Looking at Vodafone £35 a month, 24 month, 600 mins, Unlimited Texts, 1GB Data + Insurance @ £12.99 The excess on my Home insurance is £250 :-( Comes of living on a boat :-(

13. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Sweet, I'm using it now on a 3GS and it's pretty slick. It snaps quit nicely between apps. :D

14. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Just about to download it just now, im genuinely excited

15. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

All networks will be changing their Data/ wifi packages this year not just o2

16. Edge102030

Edge102030 Son, i am disappoint.

Just trying that out for you now, the mobile site only loads half an unplayable version of the game and the full site is taking a while for the game to load.

EDIT: The full version of the kongregate game didn't load, but a quick search in the android market shows a lot of promising tower defense games, i tried one quickly (4 start rating, some other had 5 or 4.5) and it seemed quite good, perhaps a little lacking in variety but some of the others had a lot of variety that looked quite similar to the bloons td games.

17. Bakes

Bakes What's a Dremel?

Many phones like the Droid do have hardware keyboards. They wouldn't be much help with the arrows, but i'd assume that future phones that are designed for gaming with flash do have such keys on the keyboard

18. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I am having major problems downloading the update. After5 mins it keeps disconnecting and telling me to check my connection. I will try aga in tomorrow and see how it goes.

19. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

You mean mid contract?

And you said "your store" which group does your store represent?

20. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

There will be no more unlimited internet even though it wasn't before but they will max it at 500mb and then you will pay a fiver for every 500mb