1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other COME ON ENGLAND!

Discussion in 'General' started by SatansBudgie, 12 Jun 2010.

1. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

If Fabio were to epic fail and England exit the W/C on wednesday, my money's on Harry Redknapp or Roy Hodgson as England manager. Both would have what it takes to manage England well.

2. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I havent got anything against Foreign managers but i do think that England need an english manager, I dont think fabio understands the 'english game'.

My money would be on Hodgson as well i think unless he goes to liverpool.

3. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I think half the problem with the England squad is that every player there has forgotten the hunger to succeed that got them there. That showed in the lacklustre performance on Friday. We should be giving young rising stars more chance than the established names, especially as the established names are capable of playing so crap. There were quite a few players out there on Friday, that looked really unfit and lethargic, Rooney was one of them.

Capello needs to get the team playing as a team, and any player that has their own agenda, or refuses to work as a team player should be given the boot. I noticed a few times on Friday that there seemed to be a few times when passes could and should have been made, instead there were silly mistakes made by glory hunters.

4. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Ok, Even though I am an American, i tend to side with my British heritage more so...

Lets Go England! All you need is 1 more goal than the US!

Also, Green don't F*ck this one up.

(posting early since I wont be awake when the game starts)

5. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Well, if you were getting paid £80K a week what motivation would you have for winning a World Cup? I haven't seen a single thing from them, either on or off the pitch, that has made me believe they actually want to be there.

Don't worry, he won't be playing. If anyone f**ks up it's going to be grandpa James.

6. 13eightyfour

Saying that though, Some players in the argentine squad earn hideous amounts of money, but look at the team spirit maradonas managed to achieve, all the players play for each other. Yes everybody keeps wompnig on about messi, but from what ive seen even if he has a bad game the team still functions, and functions well.

They work a lot harder than us, and maradonas passion for the game shows, you dont see many other managers that act like him. Capello's too straight faced for my liking, i want to see a manager 'managing' his team not standing like a statue tbh.

7. MacWalka

MacWalka What's a Dremel?

Come on Slovenia!!!!!

8. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Strangely, I don't entirely disagree with this sentiment.

9. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I've just heard Jocklandshire has completely sold out of sour grapes, good to see you got yours though:D:rock:

10. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

ugh
    we won, what a shame.
    Now we'll be subject to more disillusioned news of England winning the world cup...

11. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I will never understand logic like this. People slag England off for losing, then when they pull a win out of the bag they still get slagged off.

12. 13eightyfour

Played better, still not pretty though, and the next game will be struggle. Personally i dont think we stand a chance of winning the cup, were still not good enough as a team imo.

13. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

England and USA are through... a great outcome.

14. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Woooo... Thanks Will Hill for another £40..

15. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

thank f**k for that !!!

16. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

In the same vein, I will never understand people who are more than happy to completely forget the abomination of the performances in the last two games just because we've managed to beat the mighty Slovenia.

It's quite sad that, watching that match, I really didn't care whether England won or lost, because I've lost all faith in the team and players.

17. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Bah, humbug!!!:D

18. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Quite. If they keep managing to scrape through the group stages every World Cup with these kinds of performances, they'll never have any incentive to get better and no impetus to change whatever isn't working. I would have thought after not qualifying for the last Euro Championships they might have taken this WC a little more seriously. Clearly I was wrong.

19. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I think we need to start focusing a hell of a lot more on developing our own home grown talents now in the leagues, instead of relying on overseas talent to be able to win matches. Till we start taking that more seriously, England will never do well at internationals.

20. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

^ vuvuzela impression