1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Top Gear is back June 27th

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 9 Jun 2010.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Seriously?

2. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Well what an anti climax, ive been looking forward to this series since the last one ended, and imo it was crap.

I used to love top gear but its all getting a bit boring now, 'how to build a nuclear sub' was a better watch imo.

3. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

good episode last night

4. trekkypj

trekkypj Forward Momentum!!!

I have to admit, while I enjoyed Top Gear on sunday, I have to say the quality's gone down a bit.

The Reliant Robin bit was funny but too contrived with the celebs appearing. And it went on a few minutes too long.

In contrast, May's volcano trip was too short, good stuff but rushed I felt.

As for the track day, funny in places but dragged on too long. They needed another car feature, perhaps they had to remove one at the last minute?

The show just didn't do it for me, overall. Great to see it back but a bit concerned standards of production are slipping a bit.

5. ripmax

ripmax Minimodder

I liked the new top gear, but i also watched the how to build a nuclear sub. It brought back a lot of memories since i was born in Barrow.

I find it slightly ironic that the next episode is how to build a jet engine which was filmed at rolls royce in Derby, which is where i moved to after leaving Barrow.

6. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I like that they've stopped moaning about the government.

7. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

Was disappointed last night, It has become too focussed on the mainstream than the car enthusiast now. Lots of people have said this before but it's just about gone too far for my liking now.

That they cut the lap for the Supersports just so they could wedge a funny in there was a crime, it looked like it was going to be lairy :(

8. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

Didn't care much for the picnic, but everything else was very entertaining. I wish there was more to the James May Eyjafjallajokull part, since their arctic trip was very exciting.

9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Maybe they should have given The Stig a Reliant Robin for a lap?

10. gymman39

gymman39 What's a Dremel?

its still a great show

11. trekkypj

trekkypj Forward Momentum!!!

Exactly! Why didn't they? It would have been hilarious. Or else blow it up, or have it driven off a pier...

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

this series is in definate need of a special.

13. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

i saw it and thought it was pretty funny but then again i like most of the top gear shows despite not being British.

14. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

I can see the Reliant Robin being the new Morris Marina...

15. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

that or they will have a robin crash into a marina as a piano crushes the both :D

16. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

I thought it was an ok episode, I feel that it's starting to feel a bit too contrived. Yes the reliant bit made me laugh but only the first two times it fell over then the joke got old fast and the volcano bit felt like it was missing large chunks. Bit disappointed but hopefully there will be something awesome to make up for it in a later episode. I feel forcing them all to drive a Gwiz across the UK might provide suitable penance.

17. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Like I said earlier, seriously? Same old stuff. So much for a less silly Top Gear. The Reliant bit was funny, but I was expecting something different. So far as I can tell, it's exactly the same as last series.

"The keen observer will see a subtle change - a slight retreat from the Last of the Summer Wine tomfoolery."

Really? That wasn't evident.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Top Gear to be like it was in the 80s with William Woollard, Chris Goffey, and heaven forbid, Noel Edmunds... but I was hoping for less of the "last of the summer wine" stuff (overseas readers... click here if you don't know what that is ). I was hoping each presenter would do what they do best to give three different styles of filming and less where all three of them just arse about, but no... instead we get three blokes cocking around. Business as usual.

I suppose they have to really. Hammond is pretty useless without the others to carry him.

Last edited: 30 Jun 2010
  18. Chombo

Chombo What's a Dremel?

Awesome, however since BBC America hates us I have to watch it on Youtube.

I also wish the BBC would sell other seasons besides 10-12 here.

19. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I'm getting pretty sick of him to be honest, then there is all the pauses.......between.......his trying to be funny........comments.

There's a website you can view them from and I think even download them from. Can't remember the name though. Give me a min or till someone with half a clue about what i'm talking about comes in

edit: Final Gear

20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I watched all the Top Gear episodes in like a month and a half and I didn't get tired of it. I don't really understand how you guys can, even if you see an episode only once in a while.