1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. Kuni D

Kuni D What's a Dremel?

Watched Book of Eli the other night.

If you're looking for a deep narative then this isn't for you. On the otherhand if you're just looking for a bit of fun, it's enjoyable. The performances are solid as you'd expect from Washington and Oldham, plus the action, cinematography, music are very good.

I'd give it a 7/10.

2. gymman39

gymman39 What's a Dremel?

SHERLOCK HOLMES..

watched this last night and thought it was very good..Law and downey were excellent especially downey and the ending was very good

8/10

3. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

1993 - Tombstone

great movie if you like mustaches, 6 shooters, hookers, mustaches, gun fights, cowboys, saloons, mustaches, shotguns, coaches, horses, mustaches, quick draws......

8/10

Oh did I say mustaches already? :hehe:

Last edited: 30 Jun 2010
  4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I like his accent.

FUUUUUUUUUU. :wallbash:

I just don't understand the fascination with EVA. I've seen it. I've seen the end movie and it was just constantly whining or dead brained characters who make the stupidest decisions. Even if you put people into an impossible alternative reality setting, I felt no character relation to anyone because they are so impossibly extreme. Rahxephon was actually more likeable and that was just a rip-off.

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

eva was one of those things you had to see when it first appeared back in 95, nothing had ever been done like it before and tbh it was so successfull it single handedly destroyed the industry for the next 3 years as everyone jumped on the bandwagon. END OF however was really quite good (I remember getting it on VHS fansub many many moons ago)

a bit like whats happening int the gaming industry as of late.

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

G.I Joe - Rise of the Cobra

2/10

Even Sienna Miller with dark hair couldn't save this piece of crap movie. It's a good thing I was fixing a PC as I "watched" this thing because otherwise I would have never made it through. It was painful in every aspect except, obviously, for the beautiful Sienna Miller. Her character was pathetic but :naughty:

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I browsed the net while "watching" GI joe, it was more for background noise than entertainment

And that's a fact

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Tenderness

Your movie is not thought provoking or artistic just because you explain almost nothing for the first 45 minutes. When the other 45 minutes has a very weak plot you've got even bigger problems. Furthermore, a summarizing monologue at the end ruins any thoughts which may have been provoked by forcing the viewer to only learn what is explained at the end. Finally, viewers cannot get emotional over characters which are not fully explained or developed, this is a major flaw for such a touchy feely movie.

4/10

9. _crazy_crazy_

_crazy_crazy_ mi mum say's that i'm special

lool the story in the new movies is a little different from de anime , all i can say is you really need to pay attention to the story and to the human instrumentality project , in the anime it ends without telling what did shinji choose ,in the alternative ending it does , and they changed the story again in the new movies , it's a little mess up but the story is good ... i'm a fan of the series so don't mind me lol :D:thumb:

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

RE: Eva. Fair enough. I suppose it's just one of those marmite things.

11. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Eclipse (2010)

Not terrible. It's not laughably bad like Twilight, and not overly whiny like New Moon, the fight scenes weren't that bad.. Laughed at a few lines, especially
    when Jacob and Edward are in the tent with Bella, Edward can't keep Bella warm, Jacob says "well, I am hotter".
    Volvo product placement was annoying, in a town where everyone drives old junkers it's strange to see one family always driving brand new Volvos.

6.5/10

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

The Mothman Prophecies:

remember seing this when it came out at the cinema and being genuinly freaked out by the end of it, might be a little too obscure for the regular joe. watched it again lastnight to see if it still had the same effect, yup, still freaks me out.

7/10

13. DaveMon

DaveMon The end is nigh! Repent!

Ninja Assassin.

Very cool, with lots of blood and flying limbs.

8/10

14. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

Land of the lost...

Daft childish and often just inane ..I loved it

15. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Just got round to watching this one today:

Entertainment: 5/10 (more Woody Harrelson and I feel this could well have been bumped up to a 6)
    Writing/script: 3/10
    Acting: 2/10
    Scientific accuracy: 0.5/10

Once you get past the ridiculous premise, poorly executed plot, drab script and lackluster acting (or should I say over-acting), it does have a certain B-movie appeal, although much of it is lost with the high-budget production values and special effects.

In conclusion: wish it was shorter.

16. Xonar

Xonar What's a Dremel?

The Hurt Locker 6.5/10

Not the best war film I've ever seen by any mean but I'd still recommend people give it a watch. Sound was pretty impressive throughout as was the camera work but the story fell a bit flat on me, didn't feel like it was all there.

Sherlock Holmes 8.5/10

Good laugh and an excellent story, thoroughly enjoyed it throughout. Excellent performance by Downey Jr and Law, hoping for a sequel.

The Number 23 7/10

Received widespread ridicule when it was released by reviewers and Carrey received 'Worst Actor of the Year' award for his performance but despite all this me and my gf both thoroughly enjoyed it, quite an interesting idea, reminded me of knowing a little bit but the story hold pretty well and I didn't think his acting was as bad as people have made out. Would definitely watch it again.

Yes Man 8.5/10

Just fantastic. Loved the story and laughed throughout, much recommended.

17. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Title: How to Train Your Dragon
    Rating: 8/10
    Reasons: They typical half-arsed mythology usually found in films containing dragons and Shrek style quick-fire pop culture references are refreshingly absent. This leaves a storyline that is clean and well written, backed by amazingly good character animation. The characters themselves are both likeable and have a strong screen presence without needing pages of exposition. I'd see it again at the cinema and it'll definitely be a future Blu-ray purchase.

Everyone else had gone to bed when I first watched this, on my own in the dark. The scariest part of the film was about half way though when our black cat leapt into my lap unannounced.

18. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

CUBE

Yes its old but ive only just watched it despite having the DVD for many years, to sum it up refreshingly Odd.

8/10

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Soloman Kane
    4/10
    Terrible acting, terrible CG, and trying to be epic but failing. Made me cringe mostly.

20. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

Although this ones old. District 9

Now this movie has unbelievable amounts of thinking and setups in it. for instance, the aliens make a robot to sell to the humans, but the robot looks like the alien expect mech. This is what the majority of humans would do if asked to draw a robot would produce a mech-man or something that looks similar to a man.

The whole set-up and the way how shady some private military organizations are great. the movie has created a story line and aliens that have never been created before.....

i mean, arn't we all sick of UFO's flying over farm crops crash landing blah blah same old story...
    This movie never got as much attention as it deserved, everything is perfectly balanced.
    surely there must be a second one to follow..
    Rating - 9/10
    SFX - 10/10 (worth watching for the awesome effects)

for some reason i could see this movie being a better game, than a film :eek: