1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony: PS3 is breaking even

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Jun 2010.

1. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I hate to break it to you, but by claiming that the Wii has the lowest attach rate of all consoles you are admitting that it indeed a console worthy of being compared to the PS3. Therefore, you must also admit that according to your link the PS3 did not move the most software in 2010.

Now, you're perfectly entitled to have your own opinion on which statistic is more important but please, don't try to tell us the Wii is not a console then turn around and say that it is.

Turtles are indeed grand and majestic creatures. Like sloths of the sea.

The_Beast likes this.
  2. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

That made me laugh out loud, not a fake LOL you get on most forums.

many reps given

3. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Way to completely discredit yourself there.

4. Edge102030

Edge102030 Son, i am disappoint.

Implying you aren't a kid.

5. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

One question........WTF is Soccer?

Out of all the consoles Wii is the one I play the most (still very little tho). I got Killzone 2 and GTA4 with the PS3 and played them for no more than 3hours each. Later picked up Dirt2 and Little big plannet but can't really be annoyed playing them after the first race/level in each. I havent touched the PS3 since march and my brother hasnt touched it in a month since he sends more time on facebook! The wii on the other hand has mario kart, wii sports resort and wii fit all of which I play far more often since my parents are happy to join in as is my GF. All my other gaming for me is done on PC. I can't get into PS3/360 since all games are released on PC. All exclusives like killzone2 are just painful to play with a controller which ruins the experience. The wii on the other hand allows my mum, aunt, young cousins all to play together and even beat me.

Last edited: 30 Jun 2010
  6. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz What's a Dremel?

The wii is crap, the only people discrediting themselves are the ones saying it isn;t. Its a piece of shovelware crap.

7. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

:idea:

8. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

There are loads of games on the pc suitable for kids. Don't just look at the latest games, there's a whole library of games from yesteryear. I think point and click games like Broken Sword would suit a ten year old.

stuartpb likes this.
  9. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Freaking printers!

It is nice to see Sony breaking even on the hw side. I still do not own one of these and will not be getting one as the PC is a better platform for the kinds of games I would be playing. I do have a Wii... it is a console. mastorofpuppetz get your self a proper gaming rig and stop that posting fanboy comments. Cheers.

10. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Yeah, I never thought of utilising older titles for her, thanks.:blush: I have a load of classics for dosbox, and these would probably be a very good way for her to get some gaming fun in.

11. rollo

rollo Modder

raid steam during summer sales theres loads of kids games

12. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

i thought we were getting battletoads for ps3... :(

13. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

<<

LOL

14. mastorofpuppetz

Ignorance st its finest, I am willing to bet my quad core beast kicks yours in the nads. Who said I never had a gaming rig? I am a PC gamer first and foremost, but continue with the arrogant ignorance.

15. mastorofpuppetz

Pot? Black? Truth hurts.

16. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

That has to be the worst case of childish willy shaking I have ever seen yet on BT. Congrats Puppet, you are that numpty!!:D:D

17. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

But what if someone here has a Phenom II X6? Their 1055T obviously stomps all over you, it has six cores. Your quad core beast is outmatched!

Though mastor, you've got me confused now. It's understood that you don't like the Wii, got it. But just what are you trying to accomplish? You were promoting the PS3's sales earlier, but now you're saying you're a PC gamer first and foremost. It seems a little contradictory for a PC gamer to so vehemently slander any one console for being too casual and shovelware worthy when, compared to a PC, all consoles are inherently casual.

Really, a Wii is a PC gamer's dream. It's too underpowered to run any sort of cross-platform games developed PC side first, its controls are too proprietary to allow for cross-platform games developed Wii-side first to ever reach PC, and keeps all the cheap workout and learning games off the PC.

18. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

If you would be so kind as to show me any kind of favouritism in any of my posts as would indicate fanboyism on anything like the scale of idiocy your earlier and in fact your more recent post demonstrate i'll eat my linux box..... :rolleyes:

19. Noob4ever

Noob4ever always learning

You should stop now, your not going to hit gold if you keep digging that hole deeper, your just going to look more and more like a fanboy, you started out with your first post on this thread by flaming, you havent changed your tactic in subsequent posts, so just stop, we dont want to read anymore of the bile your spewing atm.

especially since it doesnt make sense

20. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Oh no, please don't say that. Its making really fun reading :D

Tags: Add Tags