1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink NRG THRIST!!!!!11!!

Discussion in 'General' started by shoxicwaste, 2 Jul 2010.

1. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

Im not the type of faggot who claims he has insomnia because i like drinking red bull and monster and staying up late, i just want to be able to come home from work, game all night long, then go back to work..

State what you think is the best energy drink
    Considering-

Price
    Performance
    amount

My all time favorite is Monster Heavy metal - its like 2 cans of monster in one! Awesome kick slightly expensive (especially for me i have to get it imported from USA)

2. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I drink the blue colored Amp because it's tasty :3

shoxicwaste likes this.
  3. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

mhmm, I have to be honest i think the variety of energy drinks taste awful... but there are some such as Relentless which have grown on me, and blue colored amp must be American! :eek: i've never heard of it!

4. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

It's actually more purple-ish if you pour it out, but the can is blue.

[​IMG]

It's really sweet and I think most of the "energy" comes from the sweeteners for it, but as previously mentioned I drink it for the taste not the energy.

5. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I find strong sweet coffee is better than any energy drink ive had, although i do like mountain dew but its not really an energy drink.

6. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Relentless and a packet of pro-plus, failing that....... Cocaine ! *sniff*

7. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

Take a trip to sainburys get a packet of pro-plus and a can of relentless, Grind about 8-10 tablets into a powered and put them in relentless and stick a pen in or something to stir it...
    gives me enough kick to keep me awake for 4 days LOL

8. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Wut. You do know sleep deprivation is bad for you, right? It's even worse when you pump yourself full of drugs to accomplish it (yes, caffeine is a drug).

I've only tried using pro plus once and that was before I went into an exam because I was feeling drowsy and needing perking up. Unfortunately it kinda backfired and I ended up needing to pee so bad half way through that I thought my bladder was going to explode. Never again.

9. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

They're all pretty bad, the caffeine high I get from these drinks is very sharp with a poor coming down. Drink tea instead.

10. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

It's not like i regularly use caffeine, and besides not all drugs are bad.. it stimulates your brain and increases alertness and concentration plus loads of other crap, obviously it has negative effects, but you can just sleep it off...

11. Matticus

Matticus ...

All I have to say is. Enjoi winrar! My favourite skate make by far.

shoxicwaste likes this.
  12. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

I was rolling on a Enjoi Brother and sister board.. but like about 5 hours ago a car crushed most of it and broke my bearings/wheels and 1 truck :( that's what i get for skating near a main road :(

13. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

Bawls.

14. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

relentless

15. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

'V' Created by a kiwi company. Nice lemon/lime flavour, and an awesome kick!

I have tried:

Demon (not bad)
    Demon Troppo (tropical fruit juice with same properties as demon, nice flavour)
    Demon Envy (not bad)
    NOS ('strongest on NZ market)
    Lift Plus (too sweet)
    Red Bull (ew)
    Red Bull Energy Shot (*heave*)
    Monster (bleaugh)
    Mother (ew)
    Rip It (foul american crud)
    Relentless (see below)
    Mother (not bad, just rebranded Relentless over here)
    V Black (coffee flavour yick)
    V Lemon (Not bad)
    Ink (meh)
    Rockstar (ew)

V has the best kick of them all. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_(drink)

16. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

Being a bit of an energy drink lover, I can tell you it depends mainly on taste

If you're after long periods of time (4 hours or so) shots or tablets will be your best bet, but if you're after a quick buzz I'd go for the drinks avaliable

The only shot I can say that I've tried and liked was called "Energy Buzz" or along those lines, it comes in an orange packet not dissimilar from the Lucozade Alert ones. the Mana Energy potions are good but taste vile and don't go near a Jolt for the sake of your tastebuds and gag reflex.

If you prefer a crate of energy drink I find that Bawls is really good, and tastes beautiful but it's expensive... The middle ground would be Monster Lo Carb. It's low in sugar so not as bad for you as most, it's got a decent kick provided you get a good batch (that's just down to luck) and it tastes really nice, it's smooth like Baileys but tastes a lot like Monster (but at the same time doesn't, it's weird)

Hope that helped :)

shoxicwaste likes this.
  17. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

Anyone ever tried this stuff?

[​IMG]

18. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

You'd probably be better off drinking Copper Sulphat solution than most of these drinks, they look pretty similar anyway :eyebrow:.

19. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

A good batch ? Lol, you sound like your talking about drugs, they are only soft drinks.

Wish my local sold *****. :D

20. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

If you're a serious gamer, you'll know the one and only thing worth drinking is Jolt Cola. I prefer the silver version. The last iSeries I was at, I drank one with each meal and a couple in between games/tourneys and survived on about 2-3 hours sleep per night from Thurs-Monday. There are after effects to putting this much caffiene and sugar into your system in a short space of time though. When I got home (after the long car, boat then car journey) the Jolt began to wear off. I've never felt a sensation like it. My head started spinning and I couldn't keep my balance at all. As far as I can remember that was around midday on the Monday. After we got the car unpacked, my brother and I went to bed for the rest of the day and didn't wake up until Tuesday morning :rolleyes:

Fun though :D

These days, I stick with the much less potent Relentless. I love the taste and they're quite effective for all-nighters etc :) I don't consume anywhere near as much caffiene or sugar in the form of "energy supplements" as I did when I was younger. I caught myself on and stopped consuming caffiene for about 8 months straight. No coffee, tea, energy drinks or other supplements like caf tabs. I drank green tea the whole time. I found myself sleeping better and longer and I even lost a bit of weight. Nowadays, caffiene has very little effect on me unless it's in very high doses. I could chug a cup of coffee and a can of Relentless then go to bed and get a good nights sleep half an hour later.

Last edited: 3 Jul 2010