1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AWP?

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by church^, 30 Jun 2010.

1. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

i don't understand the logic there to be honest. They are, obviously, auto snipers which, even if it requires 2 (sometimes 3) hits is a much quicker kill than a scout, or even awp if they miss and must reload, plus, 20/30 bullets in a mag is a lot so can take down any rush. Oh and it's very accurate moving/strafing/jumping which i feel makes it very easy to get easy kills.
    i<3my auto sniper though

2. R€D

R€D Via con dios......

see told ya .... lol

3. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

excuse me? .... lol

4. [67] Braveheart

[67] Braveheart The rage is strong in this one...

Well just as i was getting back into cs, my graphics card chucked it, so not sure if ill be back on before I head to Oz. :(

5. Weazle

Weazle Jason Bourne's love child

My view is that its in the game but needs to be controlled.

On my old clan server, we had it restricted to 1 awp or auto-sniper per team and the winning team having it restricted when winning by 5 rounds or more ..... a single awp can easily turn the tide of a losing team getting spanked into a fun even game.

It is no fun when the winning team on 6/0 has 5 awps killing everyone .... it is more challenging when the losing team has an AWP and the winning team has to try to keep their lead without it.

6. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

I don't play on AWP servers.

I don't enjoy it.

I was on Aztec and a bunch of CT's were AWP'ing. DIn't bother to stay for the next map.

7. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

What Weazle said is a definite way to play it out. Except maps only go on for 10 rounds, so they don't actually last long. Aztec is a perfect example where CT should not be allowed awps. Scouts can be almost just as deadly because of the vast map and T's can break defences like bridge room with an awp; encourages them to push.

8. Puk

Puk (A shrewd and knavish sprite)

I haven't played on an awp server for quite a while, and last night a bit of css on the cpc server was a good few rounds, even if there were awps, the cts had a decent round on italy, but i think everything has its place. I give a lot of credit to someone who can get a decent amount of headshots with a scout as that is fairly impressive, a good awp player can take the entire team. I'm saying that awp playing, especially well, does take a lot of skill, but to the team on the recieving end it gets a little annoying!

9. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

TBH it's not that I hate the AWP.

It's I hate AWP's and choke points.

if the fella with the awp moves around a bit or dose sumut a bit different it's ok.

but a good awp'r could for example AWP the bridge in Aztec.
    The CT always reach the bridge first.
    A single good AWP'r can make the bridge a no go.

Trying to rush an AWP'd choke is pretty pointless.
    Effective teamwork helps, but that is really hit and miss.
    And sometime you get a player who can pop the awp'rs.

The AWP is part of the game, some folks like it, I'm cool with that.

But as soon as you hear "boom.... booom.... bo.booom" of 3 folks with apws I just CBA. I'd rather be elsewhere.

Saying that, it's not like I'm playing alot of CS at the mo, I finnally seem to have gotten over the CS bug. I've been playing CS for about 6 years, at up to 40+ hours a week. I really needed to get over it TBH :)

I might see from time to time tho....

10. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I've never had a problem with the awp. I just out awp the other players :)

11. C4vey

C4vey What's a Dremel?

That's what I don't like about it. Too many people just think "if you can't beat them, join them" and the whole thing spirals down into stupidity until on some maps you pop round a corner and 3 or 4 awps go off.
    Out-scouting awpers, on the other hand, that I approve of.

12. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

I've found the scout more effective after the update, don't know why, i still think it's quite garbage at long range, unless you manage to jump effectively and crouch headshoot him :cooldude:
    strafing is even crisper and it just makes it feel very responsive and with a very accurate no scope where only 2 hits kill its pretty good for the price.

13. L Plates

L Plates Irritating annoyance

Hearing the boom stick immediately makes me wonder who's the nub? Too many times I see and actually hear admittance it's all someone uses. Then there's the spiralling out of control as Cave mentions. I don't particularly like them for these sort of reasons although sometimes the urge to jump out and try to headshot the user often overcomes me and can be particularly gratifying.

I recall the argument a long time ago that lack of these weapons was a distinctive feature of this server, there are thousands of others out there where you can go play with them on standard maps. They have their place and sure they can be fun occassionally but tend not to help the team ethic. In the end I'd prefer them either not to be on or very carefully restricted.

I've seen some very good regular players using them and normally this is short term on a team which could use the ability. Then they put them down and go play the game, they have their own self conciousness and control. The average net nub is not like this and is unfortunately very self centered.

I'll ask you all to think about those people you know who can use the scout extremely well and whether would it detrement the server if these people became AWP whores. Yes there can be ways around these weapons but imagine that person always there at bridge on Aztec or hall on Prodigy or roof on Militia (the list can go on) and let's not forget they have plenty of backup on 16v16. Now put a name to this person, Cave? Brave? Jan? (insert other names here) Maybe all of them each to their own entry point? Are you going to enjoy that game?

14. kiZaru

kiZaru What's a Dremel?

i'm all over the awp... i start saving up as soon as warmup is over... people just need to learn to counter it as Rogan said... you don't see the guy saving up money with a pistol for 3 rounds and not get a kill with the awp moaning...i don't think it's a nub gun at all and you can counter the awp by strafing and aiming accurately with your rifle...

15. DaveODeth

DaveODeth What's a Dremel?

If it's there I'm buying the *******, I'd dual wield if they'd let me.

16. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

shame you'd only be able to fire 2 bullets, or you going serious same style

17. Tuned#F_A_F

Tuned#F_A_F What's a Dremel?

To back up my earlier post, last night's rounds on dust and piranesi were great, because the AWPs made the maps more fun and even. It gives the 'losing' team a chance to even the odds, and the 3 snipers working the tunnels on dust together was a really great moment.

But it's not always like that. I dread some rounds on dust2, especially as clanners know exactly how to hold a choke point with an AWP through tons of practice.

18. DaveODeth

DaveODeth What's a Dremel?

I'd chamber the next round with my penis of course.

19. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

of course, i forget

20. Green-Hornet

Green-Hornet I am Green and I Sting

Its very interesting that most matches have one team member who is armed with the AWP, yet fail due to the fact that to counter the AWP is very simple from a skilled player view.
    The fire rate is rubbish, and if not used at any distance or choke point is useless.