1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Top 10 UK games chart

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Jul 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Seriously, C&C 4 in 9th spot? Why?

Sam

3. Jezcentral

Jezcentral Minimodder

Well, it IS a retail chart....

4. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Because it's the ELSPA list! People like that won't bother reading reviews and the like.

5. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Lol the first list is so bad it wouldn't be out of place in the demote thread.

6. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

I always wonder if the ELSPA PC chart was merged with the multiplatform chart, just how far down would it be?

As in, would 'The Sims 3: Ambitions' (the current No.1) start at position 11? 20? 100?

7. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

It would still be in the top 10 :p but everything else would be down in the 30's.

8. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Also, can't believe how much APB is selling. I wasn't impressed by the beta, and neither the subscription model. So the question is, where is the review that shows it's a great game to convince people to order it on Steam and in the shops?

9. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Lol, you're probably right. According to ELSPA, the original 'The Sims 3' has been in the Top 10 chart for 57 weeks now.

That's insane. And also disappointing that it hasn't led to a resurgence of old Sim and Theme games. Who do I have to kill to get a new SimTower? or Theme Hospital?

There was originally a review embargo for 7 days post release, which was quietly lifted after a small outcry. I think this caused some confusion leading to reviewers simply ignoring the game - even if you search now, there are still very few reviews from major publications. So I'm sure that a couple weeks of critic-free advertising helped sales quite a bit.

10. Artanix

Artanix Minimodder

Because if you watch any of their video previews, it makes the game look like Grand theft auto online. Shame the game is actually mostly crap :D

11. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Many, many people. If you need a hand just give me a shout. I'll dig out the crowbar.

12. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Borderlands was on offer on steam too, it was about £7, with each dlc about £2, so was Bad Company 2, and i think the Valve games were too.

13. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Correction: Just about every game on Steam was on sale :eek:

14. Tsung

Tsung What's a Dremel?

I must admit I hated APB from the off.. I managed to get a BETA key, downloaded the 60mb (i think) client to find out that was just an installer for an even bigger download. Got bored waiting for that to download the game (at LOL slow speeds); never looked at it again. From the subscription model offered and the view reviews I have found glad I never bothered.. Oh..

PS. Yeah, thats right publishers, if you are going to force me to use your crappy downloader to get a game and it doesnt come down at a reasonable speed you and your game can FO... Sorry, there, I feel better now.

15. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

I think this gets mentioned in the comment every time you post the charts that the Steam top 10 is updated daily, not weekly.

16. Ne0ne

Ne0ne What's a Dremel?

I wish they could give us a true indication of how many games are selling on steam then do a combined comparison.

17. Farting Bob

Farting Bob What's a Dremel?

Unless youve been sitting in a certain delorean and travelled back in time a good few years, were you expecting a big budget game like APB to be a 60mb download? Hell the credits on most games these days are probably more than 60mb.

18. Riddick

Riddick Percussionist

Why is Monkey Island 2 not right at the top?

Tags: Add Tags