1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam How much would a Tank (L4D) weigh?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Action_Parsnip, 6 Jul 2010.

1. Action_Parsnip

Action_Parsnip What's a Dremel?

Easy enough question. Coach is a big fella, and hes tiny compared to the tank. If hes say 18 stone, I would put the tank at 5 times that, 90 stone/1250 Lbs/570kg. Or would you go the whole hog and say 1 metric ton of beef?

and how does he get enough oxygen through a normal human's sized mouth?

2. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

To answer your second question, the tank has no jaw.

[​IMG]

As to the first I'd pu tthe tank at about 5 times the weight of a normal person, not the coach, so maybe between 50 and 75 stone. Legs and lower torso are about the size of one person, then arms one person again, upper body looks about the mass of two normal l4d characters.

VVV I prefer this answer. Everything should be measured in bulls.

Last edited: 7 Jul 2010
  3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

4. wiggles

wiggles Minimodder

I think he's about the weight of a car since he car smack them about a bit so 1 - 1.5 Tonnes maybe more baby

5. Action_Parsnip

Actually i think I remember reading somewhere that he does have a jaw its just flat against the chest.
    Thinking about it, the arms being absolute solid brawn must weight the same as a small elephants front legs, and the chest is huge, just look at the shoulders when the tank is in its death animation (from behind especially). Id put each arm at the weight of coach. Also taking into account that muscle weighs more than fat and coach is one podgy b@stard :D then say the upper body is 3 times the weight of a single arm, so thats 75+ stone, then add in the lower half of a stocky rugby-player type. Id say 90 stone would be about right.

The tank whacking is a bit of a curve ball. The back of the tank's hands are built up like big meaty clubs, and he really swipes when he hits them and other things so its not like hes punching them. Hes putting alot of weight behind it.

Another thing is, what did he eat and how on earth could he have eaten it soo fast to grow that size in under two weeks (left 4 dead 1 is set '2 weeks after initial infection'). Surely hes actually starving to death being unable to maintain his own mass.

And another thing, what type of person would become a tank? Boomer is a fat guy, smoker is well a smoker, hunter looks like a free-runner, charger is mr hillbilly, jockey is blatantly a sex-offender and the spitter was formerly a hot sexy babe :D (probably saggy old trailer trash.) ....so that makes the tank a.... nightclub bouncer?

6. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Well he can throw cars and forklift trucks at people so thats pretty big.

I would say he's about 3 ape's, their solid muscle and muscle weighs more than fat.

A tank must be able to knockout an ape, i've never seen an ape throw a car although it would be cool !

7. Action_Parsnip

3 gorillas you mean? I can roll with that

8. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Probably a body builder who took steroids. The steroids reacted with the virus hence the excessive growth in just two weeks.

9. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

You're assuming a zombie's oxygen requirements equal that of a regular human's?

10. Riddick

Riddick Percussionist

I thought they didn't need oxygen what with them hiding in the swamp in L4D2?

11. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Steroids or no steroids, something has to fuel the growth, the body cant support the growth of muscle mass from nothing, his food intake still has to be elevated as well.

Or maybe he just divided by 0?

themcman1 likes this.
  12. Action_Parsnip

That vast body will need plenty 'o air. Everyones just got a mutated version of rabies so I remember, so I cant see that making any difference in oxygen consumption.

Underwater? you mean mudmen?

Id go with the Mr Steroid idea.

13. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I'd say close too 1000lbs(forgive my crude imperial system).

He looks about the strength of 2-3 gorillas.

Maybe they've developed a way to intake more oxygen as a result of the rotting? Could be possible since it would take quite a bit of oxygen to keep them awake, much less energized.

14. Action_Parsnip

dont worry, we use the oddball 'stone' system here :D (14 pounds is 1 stone/6.34kg)

BTW Im sure as eggs is eggs none of the zombies or special infected are dead or rotting. They are alive but totally psychotic. The wounds and missing eyeballs that regular infected have are from picking up injuries post-infection and fighting with survivors and each other. The undead wouldn't be puking all over the place neither.

On that subject, versus anyone? :D look for Action_Parsnip on steam

15. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

<3 this thread. :D

16. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Yea, I meant Gorilla. One of these big mutha's.

My moneys on the tank !

[​IMG] < [​IMG]

17. Frohicky1

Frohicky1 Awaits his moosey fate . . .

He wouldn't need to be heavy to whack a car, just very strong, no? Think ants.

It may be possible to work out how heavy he is using the sound he generates. Take the sound of a shotgun at chest height as a reference. Find out how loud the tank's footsteps are at a chosen distance. Use the inverse square law to find out the sound intensity at the tank, then find some empirical data on how weight of falling objects correlates with sound. This assumes he isn't stamping though.

18. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

A tank isn't an insect though, he's a mutated human and he has a huge amount of muscle mass, that amount of muscle is very, very heave indeed.

19. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Hmmm, I think he could weigh 2.11676439×109 ants...

...or about 1,400lbs.

Krikkit likes this.
  20. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Haha, top notch weight comparison there Hexy.