1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Most recent pic of the ride. I'm a pretty hardcore lightmodder. Headlights are quad xenon, custom made from Infiniti FX and Honda S2000 parts.

[​IMG]

2. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

3. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Meh. I don't have a big ricey spoiler (just a small body-colored one that came from the factory). No decals. No aftermarket exhaust. No stupid interior panels painted weird colors, bodykits, weird colored lights, seat covers, or any of that garbage. Pretty much just the glossy grey wheels, and the lights (which have the decorative chrome pieces also painted a glossy grey, they are NOT tinted)

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

That attitude pisses me off

A ricer is a car that looks fast but isn't. What he did to his are minor aesthetic changes that make his car look better. He doesn't pretend it's faster by having race-looking body parts.

This expression is way over used and most of the idiots that use it don't even know its real meaning. Hell, I've even seen some retard call 'RICE' on an NSX ffs

Last edited: 7 Jul 2010
    mvagusta likes this.
  5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

This man hath spoken the truth and I wholeheartedly concur. If you make comments like that about my new car when I get it and post photos here, I'll drave that sucker all the way to Jackson and run our ass over in it :hehe:

6. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

This is my Triumph 650 Bonneville..

[​IMG]

It is a 1967 T120R US model with 9,256 original miles. It was rescued from an Illinois barn in 1991 where it had not been licensed since 1972. The engine seals were wrecked and it had a bent valve. I had a factory-trained Triumph mechanic do a complete overhaul of the engine while I went through the rest of the bike. Restoration took a year and a half. The bike is NOT stock. Here is a list of the modifications:

Stainless steel spokes
    Boyer-Bransden electronic ignition
    Dual igintion coils
    Tapered roller steering head bearings
    Progressive Suspension shocks
    Barnett heavy-duty clutch plates
    1970 Bonneville seat
    Period correct titty grips
    An original 1967 Florida license plate

The original fenders (mudguards) are stainless steel and the tail light is polished cast aluminum. It goes fast, sounds like nothing else on the road and couldn't stop even if it had to.

mvagusta likes this.
  7. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

[​IMG]

mvagusta likes this.
  8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

awesome truck :D

it's weird to see snow when it's 40+°C (104F) here ...

9. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

If that was my truck, i'd paint the front grill and light surrounds black, but properly, not like my 10 second chop :D
    [​IMG]
    I'd probably get a black number plate aswell, maybe even stick it in the middle under the bumper?

10. 500mph

Well this was from February. It's the best picture I have of it at the moment, and I figured I hadn't posted it in here. Thanks for the compliment!

Oh don't worry, it isn't done yet. It's just in primer at the moment. There is actually a chrome/stainless piece (which I have somewhere and need to polish) that goes around the inside, and some people choose to paint the grill black, which I may end up doing.
    As for getting the black (vintage) plate, there is a bit of the problem there. With Virginia DMV, there are two ways to get a vintage plate. You can either register your car as a classic car and they give you a plate, however you can only drive it so often in so many miles etc, with a one time fee, etc.
    If i choose to register my car as a regular classic car(not sure of the terminology) I can drive it wherever whenever and how far I want. You have to pay the normal yearly fee but you have to find your own license plate, which you have to take to the DMV to get verified. Oh, and it has to be the year of your vehicle, which can be hard to find. And Virginia's plates were still white/blue back then. Since Virginia requires both front and back plates you have to find a matching pair as well.

If anyone wants to know, its a 77 Bronco, with a 302 out of a '84 mustang, with '69 heads and long tube headers on it. It's essentially a Frankenstein vehicle. The carb that was initially on it was from a '68 Lincoln and it has a different cam. It was given to me by a friend of my fathers when I was 15 as a 16th birthday/graduation gift. He worked at a dealership years ago and some diplomats brought it in since the transmission was gone and he bought it for $500. Since then it has been his "project" and moved from his cabin to his townhouse several times. The C4 transmission has been rebuilt and modified, and the "tow" package was added, which put dual shocks in the front. Ford F-150 springs were used to give it a 1.5" lift and it currently rides on 33"s I believe. It came with a roll cage, but I plan on putting a full roll cage in there when I take the top off eventually. We actually modified the windshield wipers too to use longer blades that apply more pressure.

This has been myself and my fathers project for the past 3 years and I would not trade, sell, or give away this Bronco for anything.

I have a few video's here, http://www.youtube.com/user/MrCodyFurr, but I need to re-up one since it had the audio taken out.

Last edited: 8 Jul 2010
  11. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Where's the de-rep button? ><

12. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Around here, they will issue standard plates, in heaps of different color combos, and in full size or slimline, for about $50. Custom combinations cost more, my mrs got pink backround plates with a custom 6 character combo for $600. It costs more as you reduce the number of characters.

That truck will look very cool with the top off :rock: What color you gonna do it in?

13. 500mph

This picture is from a little while back, since then I have a new dash, carpet, other seats installed, head liner, wiper motor cover, etc. Since the majority of the Bronco is already blue, I want to take it back to the original color/the color of the panels/interior.
    [​IMG]
    So the color above, maybe a shade or two darker, and it's metallic.

I'm still looking into getting vintage plates, and black would be awesome but I'm afraid it may not be possible. I want vintage plates regardless.

It would be awesome to get plates in whatever color, but I'm sure some people would complain about that up here. I can relate your colorful plates to your colorful money down there, our money doesn't change since most of the people up here dislike change.

14. knuck

knuck Hate your face

currently arguing with some idiot on another forum who's claiming his Buick Regal is the best car ever made. He claims it's fast, which I won't deny since he has modified the engine.

However he truly believes it can take corners better than my Accord (dropped suspension + rims + great tires. Nothing special but not stock either). I will fight to death to defend my car ! I went for a ride with my brother last week. He's got more balls than me (or less brains? :p) and trust me, it grips. He has owned like 20 different cars over the last 17 years and he couldn't believe how well it handled

anyways the guy only seems to care about straight line speeds. He keeps saying it's fast fast fast and fast so I replied it's boring anyway because it's automatic :hehe:

arguing on the internet at 4:40am is not winner though ..

15. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

You can't educate pork mate. Although its entertaining to try.

Even I know that if it's built like a barge it's cornering virtues are shall we say rather boaty.

16. Altron

Altron Minimodder

What kind of suspension does he have?

The common perception is that every older American car rides like a boat, which is sometimes true. They generally have a factory suspension package designed for comfort rather than for handling.

My uncle has a '66 GTO which handles better than my dad's Miata. It's because he has much stiffer springs than factory, better shocks, sway bars, and other aftermarket stuff, combined with grippy tires. Of course, the Miata is on a factory suspension and would handle better than the GTO if it also had a stiff aftermarket suspension, but my point is that a decent amount of suspension mods can make a big old boat handle as good as a modern sports car does from the factory.

What year is his Regal? What mods does it have? And what exactly is your "dropped suspension"? Are we talking cut springs or soft lowering springs on stock or stock-equivalent struts? Or stiff springs and adjustable struts? Coilovers? Sway bars?

17. knuck

knuck Hate your face

His is stock suspension wise. I wish I knew how mine was dropped :hehe:
    I didn't do it so I can't tell :(. All I know is the shocks aren't stock

18. Chombo

Chombo What's a Dremel?

I am about to purchase a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT (pretty sure its almost the same as a Vauxhall VXR8). Its got 40,000 miles on the clock. 361 bhp and 385 ft-lbs of torque. I can get it for $23,360 (15,370 pounds) out the door after taxes, fees etc.

It looks like this only black
    [​IMG]

19. krazykid035

krazykid035 Entrepreneur

20. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Stock Buick suspension? It probably handles like an aircraft carrier.

Especially on Buick and Oldsmobile, they figure the spring rates for a very comfy ride, at the cost of handling.

My Olds was fun to drive because you always felt like you were going much faster than you really were due to the huge amount of body roll and oversteer.