1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Six of us hoppin on a ferry to hollyhead tomorrow night at 1am, riding to silverstone on sat morning, planning it for months, decided with the good weather to bring the duke, fook luuggage, I'll make do with a backpack of essentials, gonna be a cracker!

2. RTT

RTT #parp

Worth every penny :D We had an absolutely cracking view, really couldn't have been better. Very impressed with the facilities, they've really put some money into the place.

Hope it was good - the weather could not have been better for your ride over. Such a shame Rossi wasn't riding but hey-ho, next year, and on a Ducati by the sounds of things :cooldude:

Anyway, I've just bought one of these. Fancied a change - no other reason

[​IMG]

This has a lot of living up to do, I will really miss my KTM :cooldude: Pretty much as you see it above, but with Arrow cans

:D

3. yatesy

yatesy What's a Dremel?

Enjoy it!!
    Makes my Speed Four look soo dated, I'm insanely JEALOUS!

I don't know if they come with the dual headlight relay installed, but if not, and you fancy doing it - maplins sell the correct one for a fraction of the price ;)

4. RTT

RTT #parp

I'm not even sure if I know what a dual headlight relay is! Is it for having both running on the side lights?

5. yatesy

yatesy What's a Dremel?

Sorry, I couldn't think of a short way of saying it aside from that. Yeah, it allows both lights to be on when using the main beam.

6. aradreth

aradreth What's a Dremel?

I've been contemplating buying a phantom black StR with arrow slip-ons (tried one, absolute blast to ride) should have the money sometime in August if all goes to plan...

Anyway enjoy your new ride!

7. RTT

RTT #parp

I'll let you know how it goes :D Its first outing is going to be a lap of North Wales. I've bought it completely blind - they couldn't arrange a test ride (insurance + my age, for gods sake I am 24! :rolleyes: ) but have ridden similar sized and positioned bikes (Superduke for starters) and am fairly sure I'll get on with it. A bit of a calculated risk maybe :D Plus they get so much good press, I can't imagine I won't warm to it :cooldude: I just hope it has as much character and is as much fun as my KTM, which was, frankly, absolutely bonkers!

Last edited: 3 Jul 2010
  8. aradreth

aradreth What's a Dremel?

I know how hard it is to get a test ride booked I'm even younger then you (only 22)! I'm sure you'll love it though, great fun once you get it above 8000 RPM, the break in period will be hell though.

9. RTT

RTT #parp

I'm the second owner (it's an 08), it only has 1800 miles on it. So the break-in is done :D

Last edited: 4 Jul 2010
  10. yatesy

yatesy What's a Dremel?

Hows it going??

Tyre advice please folks...
    Need a new front, currently have a Pirelli Diablo Strada on the rear.
    Going to be doing ~100 miles a day, so looking for a sports-touring tyre.
    So far have seen mention of Diablo Stradas, the new Pirelli Angel ST, Michelin Pilot Road 2 and Mezteler Z6.

Any opinions, currently I am leaning towards trying out the Angels.

11. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

My mate has angels on his st4, says he loves how they turn in to corners, lean is very linear and grip is good. Theyll be my next tyre on my commuter bandit 12. They're designed to last but time will tell tho it depends on how aggressive u are with ur right hand! at least u get the novelty of watching the thread pattern change from angels to demons for the first 500 miles. Two of my mates switched from pirellis to road pilots and just don't like how they feel tho everyones different and I'm sure u'll hear good reviews too

12. RTT

RTT #parp

Quiet in here lately, is everyone out riding? I hope so! Loving my new bike, a very different ride in every conceivable way to my previous bike (KTM 950)!

13. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Can't believe I missed you bought a new bike! Both look gorgeous, how does the new one ride? Smooth and planted, or razor sharp and a bit snappy?

14. RTT

RTT #parp

It's so different in every way. It's smaller (in all 3 dimensions), revs to almost twice what the KTM did - so use the engine/gears in massively different ways - it goes exactly where you point it... but it's also buttery smooth. The computer on it is fun (I am used to JUST speed, temperature & trip) - average & instant mpg, max speed, configurable shift lights, trip duration, average speed, lap time, the list could go on! Very pleased, a nice change. It's a keeper.

Will get some pics, but every time I go to take some, I just get on it and ride it instead :D

15. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Sounds like quite a machine. Nice to hear you enjoy it so thoroughly even after loving your KTM so much. A change is as good as a rest they say!

16. RTT

RTT #parp

[​IMG]
    (mine, dads gixxer 750 k5)

[​IMG]
    (thats my dad amused at something)

17. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

[​IMG]

Just bought a 2009 Kawasaki ER-6F exactly like the one in the pic. Happy that I've got it, but sad to see the CX go. This'll be my first chain drive bike in 8 years.

18. TheDoctor

TheDoctor So what seems to be the problem?

Never got round to posting any pics of mine so here goes.... pics are from a rideout last week

Suzuki GSXR 600 K5 Anniversary edition

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

^^ Nice GIXXER :)

20. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

Ever since I've been old enough to have my license, I've wanted a bike. Car payments are the only thing that have prevented me owning one. Finally, in about 6 months, my car will be paid off and I'm getting one. I've been looking but not ridden much so I'm not sure what I'll end up with. A couple friends have suggested the Yamaha R1 or R6 but I'm not sure about 600CC as a beginner bike.