1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Swiss Army Knife and UK laws

Discussion in 'General' started by Cabe6403, 30 Jun 2010.

1. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

I think people need to get out more. Christ, if I believed everything I saw in the papers and youtube I think I'd hide indoors in fear of being subjected to assault/rape/murder/injury/disease/infection/abduction/kidnap/fraud/harassment or possibly... terrorism?

2. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

But that's just it. People don't get out more. They do read the paper and they do watch the news and then they do nothing when the government passes legislation that gives our civil liberty away because they've been scared into believing that durkha-durkhastanys are everywhere.

Fear is the enemy. But it is a powerful force and easily manipulated to control people. As a police officer, I'm sure you've seen people use fear to get what they want - on both sides of "the law".

The Terrorism Act is a prime example and the fear that comes with it. In reality a terrorist attack is only "very likely" in peoples minds. We do not live in the middle east or some 2nd or 3rd world country where violence is an everyday occurrence.

Knife law, is like anything else. Common sense used to suffice, but in the past 20yrs **WE** have lost our common sense and know require somebody else to tell us what to do and when to do it. If people actually cared about stuff like this, they'd do something. But they don't. They read their paper and want to stay "secure".....

3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Post the knife to your next address, rather than dealing with airport security. If it goes missing in the post then your problem is solved, just live in constant hate of the postman's new knife

4. flapjackboy

flapjackboy What's a Dremel?

You might know about knife law, but you're not so up on your stop & search law.

Did you know that you are not legally obliged to allow a police officer to search your person or property without good reason? You could have quite legally refused to allow him to search your car, or even demand any details from you without a court warrant. Unfortunately, if that particular officer is shy on his quota for the day, he'll find some trumped-up charge to do the next unsuspecting victim for.

5. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

That might be a good idea. On a side note, I was thinking of buying my brother a Swiss Army Knife for his birthday (one with no locking blade) and posting it back to the UK.

Does anyone foresee any issues with it getting there?

6. October

October Mariachi Style

I have some slight experience in the matter of posting things... Went on a school tour to Italy about 6 years ago and we all ended up buying a few airsoft guns as they were cheap and readily available. We almost all posted them home but didn't in the end due to postage costs. Except one guy... Anywho, if we'd flown straight back to Dublin we'd have been grand, Stansted weren't too happy about them though. The one guy who posted his got it a week later.

One other time I was taken on a surprise trip to Alton Towers, that one day I just hapened to have left my Victorinox in my pocket. I explained to the guy at the security checkpoint who let me go buy an envelope and post it to myself, it was waiting for me when I got back. Not sure how different NI law is from Scottish but I'd say post is your best bet, wrap it up real nice and it'll be grand.

BTW hotel bb shootouts Cheesecake :D

7. Cozmo87

Cozmo87 "huh hurmm!!!"

I know you don't know UK law, nazi!

8. madkat769

madkat769 What's a Dremel?

Ahh, and just the other day I was pricing parts to build my own fully automatic assault rifle. The United States is such a magical place...:D

9. Chombo

Chombo What's a Dremel?

I seriously hope you don't actually go through with that.

10. Noob4ever

Noob4ever always learning

Last edited: 4 Jul 2010
  11. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

12. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I'm well aware of stop and search laws, but what you fail to understand is that when the police stop you at a checkpoint in the middle of the night during a security alert in this country and request to search your vehicle, you don't refuse. You show them whatever it is they want to see so they can let you get on your way.

You're not from aroud here, are you? :hehe:

13. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

This is the best "Bit-Tech" Swiss Army knife:

http://www.victorinox.com/product/1/100/1000/1.7725.T

I have build god knows how many PC's with it even used to bring to school with me back in the day, because everything in Chem Lab needed fixing/replacing. But this was In Germany, before Ehrfurt.

I wish this came with a CPC sub!

14. louies12

louies12 Banned

I think you are right and i like to tell you that as per i know in UK that is not legal to keep pocket knife with you, and other things is that there is good lock should be there but, as you say that if you remove then it is dangerous for anyone. So i give advise you to keep them outside and make safe your self also from police and knife blade also. Thanks.

Last edited: 20 Jul 2010
  15. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

No, thank you. :eyebrow:

16. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Someone should sig that post it's so awesome.