1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Antec Dark Fleet Case Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 22 Jul 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

It's ginormous and IMO even uglier than the 1200. That said, most of the changes from the Twelve Hundred seem like genuine upgrades.

3. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Beautiful case, shame about the wasted space.

4. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Christ I though the HAF 840 was ugly. This *thing* takes ugly to the extreme.

5. Invectus

Invectus What's a Dremel?

nice performance.. but I mean this industrial game deluxe deisgn is dead. looks like crap

6. Andersen1337

Andersen1337 What's a Dremel?

Who fired Antec's Designteam? Starting to wonder if anyone works there at all... First came the fugly HAF-series, then they release the butt-ugly Antec 200 and 600, and now this...

7. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

More importantly! What are those fans?? I've been looking for red fans for ages for my case! Anyone know the model?

8. Andersen1337

Probably stock Antec-fans with blades that are painted red? You should check out Enermax Magma and Phobya's Nano-G fans, they're both red ;) and not to mention way better than Antec's stock fans.

9. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

I laughed so hard at this fugly p.o.s.

10. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

You reckon Antec is responsible for making ugly HAF-series cases for Cooler Master? Stop the press, it's a conspiracy.

11. Andersen1337

My bad, early in the morning ;). Ofc CM made HAF :D, but they're equally fugly. But it wouldn't surprise me if Antec lent a helping hand in designing the HAF-series.

12. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Holy Christ on a cracker, that's one ugly case. My Antec 900 is sat in a box over yonder <nods towards the wardrobe> for two reasons; because it lacked dust filters, and because it was ugly. Based on this thing, I think I made the right choice in buying my new case from another manufacturer altogether.

Antec - you make great cases in terms of practicality and functionality but please, please stop making them look like they've been built out of stuff found in my shed, then spray-painted black. Perhaps this case is simply a cunning method by which spanners can be smuggled into the country? No? Well then make something prettier!

It's already gone 10am, I've barely slept and my uncore is not behaving itself... the last thing I needed was a hideous thing like this popping up on my screen and making me spill coco pops all over the keyboard.

If you're looking for red fans, how about Xilence Red Wings? They're quiet and cheap but with mediocre CFM figures. If you're a fan of positive pressure they'll work great as exhaust fans. I'm running a 92mm on my GPU heatsink at the moment, because I got fed up with the much louder Sharkoon I was using... the Red Wing is holding its own in the temperature department; only a couple of degrees in it, but a bucketload of decibels.

13. cgthomas

cgthomas Cpt. Handsome

wow bit tech, soon you'll be out of business because of all the product bashing !! ...........Not
    Just joking, nice review

14. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

i want my case to look like an aston, not a humvee

15. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

Should have chucked some rads in there to see how good it was for watercooling!

16. Bakes

Bakes What's a Dremel?

Nah, noone ever went out of business for doing fair reviews.

The worst thing for me about this case is that it tries to look macho and industrial, but it's made of cheap plastic! The parts are really flimsy! I'm sure I'd break one of the front panel fans off at some point.

17. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

I... wow. That's a really, seriously, tremendously ugly case. I think it probably took more effort to make it as hideous as that than it would to have made it merely unattractive; it's like it was a design goal or something.

18. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

This thing would scare my four year old daughter, not good for my marriage...

My six year old boy would probably love it - daddy look, a Power Rangers box!

19. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

Since when is it a rule that high end cases must look like they've been dipped in glue and then thrown into a pile of metal shards and shrapnel? I mean, seriously, Antec! How on earth can you go from something as beautiful as a 180 to something as hideous as this? Did the whole design suffer get a horrible head-injury, or were they replaced by a hoard of 12-year old transformers fans?

20. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Dear Antec:

you've truely lost it!

please release another sleek case.

Antec p180/182 user, mesh/holes hater.

Tags: Add Tags