1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Top Gear is back June 27th

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 9 Jun 2010.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

2. freshsandwiches

freshsandwiches Can I do science to it?

Thanks Liratheal. I'll keep an eye on that page.

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Veyron SS = win!

Senna film = win!

I watched about 5 seconds of the SIARPC segment - to be fair it didn't look as bad as I thought (Cruise mentioned his bikes).. but I still flicked channels.

Good episode.

4. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

yeh good episode, best series in a good while.

they senna segment was very good

5. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

I though siarpc was OK. At least they both gived it some beans, with Cruise doing that last corner in style.

I thought the "race" was pointless, Racing an unavailable car, in a pointless race.
    Personally I prefer the stupid chalenges they do.

The Sena stuff was good.
    And the Buggatti bit was ok.

A good episode

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I thought it was one of the best, if not the best SIARPC i'm yet to seen.

And the Senna stuff was amazing. He was before my time (obviously) but all I ever knew about him was his crash.. Nice to see TG doing something about proper motorsport :)

7. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

I'm loving this Radiohead-themed episode so far. The Bugatti thing was great and the Senna thing is very informative.

8. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

was sick of Clarksons brown nosing of the those two, clearly he must have been forced at gun point to be nice, or this was the true clarkson...

Bugatti was cool, but the Senna bit was the best part of it. I already knew he was a legend, but that had so much archive footage which made it worth watching!

9. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

OK - I have been proven wrong.

The SIARPC this week was good. Cruise still looked as if he really didn't read the script to well - he seemed intent on just sitting there showing off his dental work most of the time. His two wheel final corner was pretty epic though.

Cameron seemed more natural, and how many Prius owners can do donuts in an XK?

However, I demand that JK be brought back to SIARPC. OK, he's a **** in a hat, but he's our **** in a hat. And that trumps Overpaid Midget Scientologist anyday. ;)

Oh - And the Ayrton piece was fab. Makes me want to go and see the film even more now. :thumb:

10. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

You've never seen the Seasick Steve one then :p

11. Pieface

Pieface Modder

That was one of the worst ones.

12. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Why don't they just cancel the SIARPC segment? I always watch the first 10 seconds, decide that

a. I don't know the person being interviewed because he is some Brit-celeb.
    b. I don't find it funny at all

and then quickly fast-forward past it.

The race was pointless, but nice filming none the less. The Bugatti segment was cool and the film about Senna was really educating!

13. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I enjoyed the race! The touareg was an impressive bit of engineering which performed spectacularly well in the conditions and looked great fun to drive. So what if its an 'unattainable' car, 90% of the cars on top gear are unobtainable to most of us.

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I actually enjoy some of the SIARPC bits. Admittedly, not all of them and in season 15 (i have yet to see 15x05) they seemed kinda "meh", but on odd occasions, It's genuinely funny. JK, Simon Cowell, Steve Cougan ("get in the hottub with me, Steve" - ZOMG i LOL'ed) to mention a few.

What I hav seen of Season 15 so far was good fun, in spite of some "predictable much?" moments.

15. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

Some of the guest are pretty funny. Especially the comedians that come on

Example: Jeremy got Rich Hall to improv a song about the Rover 25

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

yup.. .that was classic...

17. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

An OK episode for me, the fantastic bit on senna made up for the rather lackluster snowmobile/toureg race.

For the first time ever I skipped the SIARPC bit, I just don't care what either of them had to say at all.

18. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Overall a pretty good episode, I thought - I enjoyed watching the Touareg in action (I love vehicles that compromise everything else in order to do one thing brilliantly), the Supersports was impressive, and the Senna film was very good.

Even if Cruise is a Scientologist weirdo and Diaz drives a Prius and Clarkson was sucking up to both of them like some sort of huge leech, they can both drive pretty well which is the exception rather than the rule on TG...

19. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

I suspect JC was told to be nice, and some topics like Scientology were off limits. It's a running gag that whenever a beautiful woman is the SIARPC he likes every car she's had. Also remember that we only see the cut version - I noticed a few REALLY big cuts in this episode in particular (James May's Peogeot 405 joke in particualr was very badly cut)

Their lawyers would destroy TG if he took the piss.

20. shadows

shadows What's a Dremel?

Gah I was rather disappointed in the last 30 mins of that episode, I couldn't care less for the SIARPC segment as it goes on too long anyway, but that one took far too long. To me it seemed a very cheap way of advertising their film on the BBC none the less, which doesn't do adverts.