1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Inception

Discussion in 'General' started by okenobi, 16 Jul 2010.

1. The Toy

The Toy The Ticking Time-Bomb

I thought this film was pretty good, but I agree with the earlier poster that it wasn't THAT good. For cerebral films I like stuff like "Primer", a film which doesn't pander to you with the aid of a pointless female character with no personality explaining the plot every two minutes.

This film wasn't actually that smart. While the idea was brilliant, the writing left me with the impression that Nolan himself doesn't know the canon plot, and was simply chucking in as much ambiguity as he possibly could to make it feel smart and complex, when it was actually just convoluted and vague.

But in spite of all that, I thought it was a fun ride and I loved the hotel choreography and the general sheen of the film. It was no masterpiece, but I'd be happy if more big budget blockbusters were as stimulating as this one.

2. Chr!s

Chr!s What's a Dremel?

Just got back from seeing, but can someone explain why in the scene where they are...

a old couple, and they only show you the hands of leo/wife, then when he is retelling the story of them leaving the world they created, they are both young on the railway line?!

Mr Mario likes this.
  3. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

*deleted*

Last edited: 13 Nov 2017
  4. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

Excellent film, managed to go see it on Wednesday this week after work. Unfortunately we ended up seeing it on the worst cinema screen I've ever been to, so I'm hoping to go see it again at somewhere better.

One of the guys I went with observed that it was good the way they established rules for the dream world and stuck to them. There was no washy secret magic doors, wise old sages or other contrivances that bent the rules to allow the writers out of a dead end.

5. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

Yeah good point...

6. Xonar

Xonar What's a Dremel?

Just got back from seeing it, absolutely brilliant and everyone I went with thoroughly enjoyed it.

It possibly could have been...

one of the times he was reliving it within his own dreams (the scene where the lift allows him to access his memories) with his wife and on the second last floor before they reach the basement you see a train going by, that could possibly be where that memory is stored/relived but when he goes in to it he remains young.

Just an idea...

7. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

About £10.50 for the premier seats at Odeon Guildford with the "digital" screen (how are cinemas still using film?!), and about 9.00 regular I think.

Pretty expensive IMO, hence why I only goto watch films like this which really benefit from the big screen experience, otherwise I wait for DVD/BR.

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Just came back from the cinema and yeah it was definitely worth seeing.

9. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Worth seeing but need to watch a few more times I feel. Hate the cinema tbh, crappy camera was out of focus and cause it was full, the heat was outstanding since air con was broken =/
    Can't wait for the DVD/Blu-ray release so I can watch it properly.

10. Jipa

Yea I were left with a feeling I've got to watch it again, but that said, it's nothing compared to Memento.

11. Chombo

Chombo What's a Dremel?

I loved the movie. However I honestly don't feel the need to see it again to grasp. I think people are reading more into the movie than is actually there.

12. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

I found it (too?) easy to understand. very linear. I don't need/want to see it again.

13. Jipa

It was the end/which ever-th layer I kinda lost it for a while.

I was left with a feeling they could have done more with the gravity/upside-down thing. It was funny as heck when the girl messed with stuff for the first time.

14. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Was a good film will wait till dvd or it comes on sky to proably watch it again.

15. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

I spent the first half of the movie wondering where I've seen him before...

He was awesome in RocknRolla and Bronson too. :thumb:

I loved the vague Brick tribute (anyone?), having Lukas Haas and Joseph Gordon-Levitt together in the beginning.

It doesn't deserve a top 10 spot on IMDB, but top 250 for sure.

PS: I don't understand why everyone I know who saw it just said "OMG MINDF***" when I asked them about the movie, it really wasn't that confusing.

16. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

While there was some parts that I would like to see again to understand continuity and finer details, I wouldn't go as far as saying the basic plot was that hard to follow.

17. Mik3yB @ CCL

Mik3yB @ CCL Everything is not going to be OK

Good spot!!

Brick is an awesome movie, forgot they were both in that together.

18. K

K 528491

Was that really a tribute or just... Casting?

lol

I thought it was more interesting that they used Edith Piaf all of the time.

19. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

Seen it twice at the cinema this week, really enjoyed it all the way through. I normally get restless with long films like this but it actually was as good as everyones saying. Ten times better than Avatar, in my opinion.

20. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Saw it last night. Awesome. Just Awesome. :jawdrop:

Took me a while to place Tom Hardy - Last time I saw him in a film he was bald clone of Captain Picard... :)