1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSS 1000FPS 100 Tick test/beta server

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by Rogan, 11 Mar 2010.

1. L Plates

L Plates Irritating annoyance

Whilst I would agree to this, oddly since the update 23/7/10 and possibly most related to 'All weapon fire rates now tuned to match their pre-update, tickrate 100 equivalents' I've certainly been having more problems hitting people. Maybe recoil is messing me I don't know.

2. Tuned#F_A_F

Tuned#F_A_F What's a Dremel?

At the same time as becoming more 'satisfying' to play, it is bound to add to inaccuracies. The reason the fire rates seemed slower until recently is because they were tied to the data stream between you and the server, the same as 100 tick used to be. Now the tickrate is always 66 tick, but the visual/audio effects of firing are as for 100 tick.

There will always be a disparity between what you think you fire and what you actually fire.

3. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

The animations were always for 33/66 tick. 100 tick was merely an abomination, it's just something they never thought to lock down; that's why physics and doors needed to be fixed via 3rd party plugins.

People need to adjust for it, that's all.

Last edited: 27 Jul 2010
  4. gandy

gandy What's a Dremel?

L Plates i have read that bullet impacts animations on walls are no longer correct to where the bullet goes when you fire any weapon, anyone watching you will see the correct patterns but you will see something completely different.

One of the other bugs added is the weapon you are carrying has a direct effect on the damage you can receive from frag grenades.

The list goes on but we can only hope they address these new bugs they added.

5. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

That thread was VERY interesting, haven't kept up to date though so was it decided whether it was affected by the thrower or the victim?

6. L Plates

L Plates Irritating annoyance

Whadaya know..you start to doubt and think it might be you..
    So for those who don't know or haven't bothered to look

Gameplay and gun speeds update (sticky) http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1368659

In the end it makes no real odds, just get used to what's there *but i is pr0..it is abomination..qq.....(whatever stfu)* however they do mention they're aware of certain other faults which they intend to correct, so interesting if you're that way inclined and don't normally respond to forum threads with tldr because words grouped together scare you.

7. gandy

gandy What's a Dremel?

I think its best to have have faith in your cross hair and the known recoil of weapons and also remember that recoil is a bi*ch.
    :D

8. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

I tend to just focus on the middle of the screen and move the crosshair around that to control recoil,

9. Canon

Canon Reformed

Coming back for a while, if anyone's about these waters add me @ MasterCOG (in sig aswell)