1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Re-Open Demotivational Petition

Discussion in 'General' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 28 Jul 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I dont Know why it was closed but I know one thing, this Thread was a laughing source for all of Us days after days. So If you think the same way, lets talk about it

Last edited: 28 Jul 2010
  2. Psycho

Psycho Average

They should open it but select some mods to regulate it, im still having nightmares about the picture that no-man-on-earth-should-ever-see

3. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

The mods did try to regulate it (valiantly at times) but folk were stupid and it was closed.

I'd like to see it back also but not if its causing the mods too much work.

4. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

nowt queer as folk ;)

Last edited: 28 Jul 2010
  5. Psycho

Psycho Average

If that's so, they should promote new mods but ONLY for that thread (although it may cause some trouble).
    They should ban people for a time on that thread if they are causing a lot of trouble, i've only seen warnings so far.

6. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

one of the mods got temporarily banned, so the ban hammer does swing

7. Psycho

Psycho Average

Yeah...maybe i missed that one...did the man who posted the living nightmare get banned? I can't remember

8. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I don't know. There was a reason for it to be closed.

If people could realize that this is not 4chan, it may do fine, but as of late it turned into one group of posters behaving like it's 4chan, and the other half getting irritated because they wanted it more "filtered".

And to be honest, it's not like you can't find lots of sites dedicated to posting random pictures like that.

It's a shame that people simply couldn't behave properly. It was, after all, the most active thread on these forums. But then again, maybe people can start participating more in other threads as well now that the demot thread is dead.

Mr Mario likes this.
  9. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

This.

Watch the troll level decrease while quality posts increase. RIP Demot thread, it will do the forums good. :)

Hex likes this.
  10. Psycho

Psycho Average

Ah well, it reached 1000+ pages, pretty good for a thread...

11. TheBlackSwordsMan

Its like say 'No more Theatre classes this year because we need more peoples in the football team' ^^ You participate when you have some kind of interest, not by default. I dont think our folks will be more interested about the others threads only because this one is Dead. In fact I think the opposite, Demotivational was a Lighthouse thread, you walk around, have some fun, Oh lets take a walk to Hardware, comeback to Demotivational, a little sprint to Gamer etc etc

It's only my opinion, you know. I'm not gonna leave the place for that little incident

12. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I wish to anti-sign this petition, just to demotivate those those devoted to the demotivational thread. :D

13. BenK

BenK Minimodder

Was funny while it lasted. Wont miss it

14. Psycho

Psycho Average

New people joined bit tech for the demotivational thread, like myself, and now are just like any other member of bit-tech, now that the demotivational thread is closed i fear that not as many new members may come (damn english cant speak it!!!)

15. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

T'was funny, but too many people getting offended at the littlest thing and running to a mod/admin crying like a baby and throwing a hissy fit because they got their wittle feelings hurt by a mean picture.

Was fun while it lasted but no real point in resurrecting it, the same thing will just happen again.

16. TheBlackSwordsMan

When you dont want to be burn, you dont touch the Sun. ZOMG These people will DIE if they'll see 4CHAN. I Know, its not 4CHAN here, its an Honorable, Respectable, Reputable, Creditable and Decent Tech Forum of the British Empire ^^ But come on, a little bit of fun doesnt Hurt

17. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

No point beating a dead horse. It got out of hand and we were warned. It got out of hand again and it was closed. Leave it be.

If you want demotes go to 4chan or any of the numerous sites on the internet that have demotes.

18. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

It only got closed because of a picture, a picture that was not to be posted. If people could follow one simple rule ( ergo, do not post that picture ), then it would have been fine- the whoem point of the thread was to challenge people's perceptions and generally make themselves & others feel bad. Did you see the amount of racist or sexist images posted? No one complained about that, just... that picture. If a certain mod did his job properly and removed the image then no-one would have had anything to complain about, but intstead 'he' just pretty much encoraged it to be reposted repeatedly, knowing it would upset our man parts, and knowing full well it was a banned image. So, there you have it- edit a few posts to remove that picture + 'employ' a more grown up mod to police the thread, and we can acarry on as we were posting pictures and gifs of awesomeness. :)

Mr Mario likes this.
  19. Psycho

Psycho Average

QFT

Also, I wonder why they didn't remove that picture + ban the one who posted it, wouldn't that had been better?

20. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

It was a good laugh. Maybe the mods will consider another funny pic/demote thread in the future, but as Smilidon said it might lead to other threads being more active. Shame it didn't end on high...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.