1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Re-Open Demotivational Petition

Discussion in 'General' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 28 Jul 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psycho

Psycho Average

Agreed

2. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Fair point but I still think the mods have to take some responsibility for this one (treading carefully here because I quite like being a bit-tech member)...

The Demote thread started out with simple rules, but slowly the rules evolved (or maybe devolved?) into a messy mental list we were all expected to remember - filled with insider jokes and stupid bit-tech memes that should of been retired years ago.

You have Bindi roaming around with his tired and played-out 'banhammer' routine. Users are then forced to keep up with what might be considered banworthy (even if it's just a joke), this in turn causes other users (myself included) to feel like they have to warn others because we don't want the thread closed/culled due to their simple mistake.

There's Krikkit trying his best to be a moderate moderator while cleaning up the mess created by other members trying to moderate each other - he's essentially being forced to play it by ear.

Then you have Rogan who (while somewhat abusing his mod powers and trolling members) makes a very good point that pictures of fake-tittied old ladies are banned while horrific famine demotes are A-Okay.

Again, I'm not pinning all the blame on the moderates (not even half of it), but you have to admit this does create a slightly schizophrenic atmosphere which can only lead to a lose-lose situation for us, the users. I'm not expecting the mods to have some perfect hive-mind where all rules and decisions are mutually agreed upon, but would a little consistency hurt?

But as for outside that thread, this forum does have some of the best moderators I've seen. :hip:

Rogan likes this.
  3. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Seconded. mv, in particular, was getting seriously abrasive, seemingly without repercussions. That thread brought out the worst in people and didn't do what it said on the tin (image to non-image post ratio was about 1:10 by the time it closed), we're better off without it.

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Oh definitely. I may be "brown nosing" a little but the mods have been great for all the years I've been here

I just though about something. I will laugh only about a fifth as much as I used to now that the thread is closed... That makes me a sad camper

5. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

You might say that you've been... demotivated. The thread has obviously evolved an intelligence of its own and has twisted everyone against each other in order to get itself closed, thus causing the greatest demotivation of all time.

Ladies and gentlemen, we've all been trolled by a thread. :D

dark_avenger likes this.
  6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

:hehe: That's quite a poetic way to look at it.

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

indeed :hehe:

8. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

:hehe: laughy face Cheesecake!

9. The Toy

The Toy The Ticking Time-Bomb

****ing drama-queens.

10. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

IMO. Demote was good.
    Some of the meme's got tired, some of the trolls got tedious.
    But it was just good fun.

For those complaining about it, stop looking at it.

We all know what goes there. Somteimes daft, somtimes funny, sometimes offensive. But giving the mods a hardtime is just daft. It was no longer a demot thread, it was a silly/funny/ofensive picture thread with jokes.
    Maybe we don't need the demote thread, Maybe we we need a "daft/funny/meme/image/offensive/joke thread" At least that we when someone gets a bee in thier bonnet the community in general can just ignore the trolling.

To paraphrase Voltair.
    "I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
    I might not agree with all the posts in the "demot" thread, but I don't think the thread should be closed.

11. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

12. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

A round of applause for anyone who can dish out punishment and actually stick with it. Now if only my roommates could do the same thing with their dogs... Maybe the barking would stop.

13. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

I'm someone who came here only for the tech and grew to greatly apprieciate the pic thread.

It has been described as /b/ lite in the past, and this is a good thing imho.

90+% of the comedy of /b/ with a minute amount of the nasty stuff... the thread was enough to stop me browsing /b/ entirely because i didn't need to anymore ^^

very very sad to see it go, maybe a resurrection in it's own root forum + disclaimer?
    imho it's plus points > bad points even at the handbag-fighty end point.

I really miss it :(

14. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

That's it, not more fun for TBSM..... Demo is down and I cant go on 4CHAN, I don't want to burn my eyes.

15. Addz

Addz King of the Love Castle

Please give it back to us, im starting to twitch and have withdrawls :wallbash: :worried: :lol:

16. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

hmmm..... give me teh powers to post in the thread!!!

I will only post pics.

Otherwise prepare for the largest image dump OF ALL TIME when you reopen the thread (or I get bored and create a new one).... I am dedicating a new album in my PB account to prepare for glorious moment that the thread is reopened.

:D

17. knuck

knuck Hate your face

awesome. Your rep shall be red after that epic post

18. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

ive got 63 images so far saved up. :D

19. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

They're gonna talk about it in 50 years, the day that the DEMOTIVATIONAL Reopened, The day who changed the world face forever

20. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Yup, pretty much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.