1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress project media monster

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modder4:20, 29 Jul 2010.

1. modder4:20

modder4:20 What's a Dremel?

so about 3 years ago i bought a plasma screen tv it started doing this after two years and my Warranty was only for a year.
    [​IMG]
    so i said f@#4 it and brought a 42 inch lcd and put this in the closet where it has set for the last year or so.i just got a 3d tv for my birthday yesterday and decided to throw the old one out. then my friend came over and said why not fix it.now i can fix a xbox all day but never tried a tv so after a few beers and lots of reading the internet we took it apart.
    [​IMG]
    SCARY RIGHT!.after a few hours of searching the board we found 2 blown capacitors so we ran off to the shack and picked up a pack of four cost 3 bucks.replaced them and found a few sscrews with blue caps 10 in all so i turned the screws and forund they where sync screws for the pic so after a few hours i now have a good as new 50 inch plasma.
    [​IMG]
    thing is i have nothing to do with it because i have tvs in every room so i am thinking about building a arcade/media center for my living room or a touch screen table here is a idea of what i want to build.
    [​IMG]or[​IMG]
    this is the idea iam going for with my own tweeks of course i want to run a jtaged 360 softmodded xbox ps3 wii dreamcast XBMC let me know what you guys think or if you have any other ideas i wanna start on this project this week thanks guys.

bulldogjeff likes this.
  2. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

wow congratulations on fixing the plasma! Personally I'm not a fan of the arcade machines but a touch screen media centre table is just pure pron in my book! you could even sync it to your 3D TV for the most over the top remote for movies as well as having the most kick ass table!

After about an hour of search I finally found the link I wanted to show you :)

http://www.31media.de/

Have a browse through that for some awesome ideas if you decide to go for a touch screen :)

Last edited: 29 Jul 2010
  3. nlancaster

nlancaster Minimodder

Most annoying website of the YEAR!

Stand up arcade machine would rock. Make it look like the old style machines just real wide.

4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

This is some thing that could end up looking really good.

Teelzebub likes this.
  5. Skeng

Skeng Water Cometh!

Sounds like a good idea. Good luck with this build its going to be pretty difficult. :)

6. modder4:20

ITS GONNA BE VERY DIFFICULT LOL I HAVE ONLY BEEN MODDING FOR LIKE 2 YEARS I HAVE LEARNED ALOT THANKS TO BOARDS AND BOOKS AND VIDEO TUTS.THIS PROJECT LOOKS LIKE A REAL CHALLENGE I DONT WANT IT TO LOOK JUST LIKE THE PICS POSTED JUST IN THE SAME LOOK BUT WITH MY OWN TOUCH.WITH SOME LUCK SHOULD COME OUT PRETTY GOOD.SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUTTON IS MISSING

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Lol, cap button missing :lol:.
    Subbed, I'd like to see this take shape :thumb:

8. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

How are you thinking of making the touchscreen? , I've only seen the kits for small screens.

9. modder4:20

moddified wii mote white board hack kinda like minority report

10. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

had to google that, and Johnny Chung Lee is fecking epic.

11. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral What's a Dremel?

Insanely cool idea, I onboard to watch this one. 4:20 lol, Baltimore! yea it fits.

12. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Congrats on the Plasma repair, scary how easy it can be, used to work at a Philips repair centre managing the parts requirement, easy work as some of the people doing the work weren't that smart!

13. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

i would heavily lean towards the touchscreen as as far as I'm aware it has not been done before where as various iterations of the arcade machine have

how would you even start making a 50'' touchscreen from a plasma?

14. barry99705

barry99705 sudo rm -Rf /

Ta-Daaaa! :D:thumb:

15. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Nice, that will be awesome :)

16. Timlander

Timlander Simm Saver

That is pretty good news you were able to fix that TV. I guess I will keep that in mind for myself next time something goes out. :D I've got this subbed and I can't wait to see more, pretty interesting.

17. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral What's a Dremel?

50" overlay = $1824.00 :thumb: That's a touchscreen! Thanks for link

18. modder4:20

well i finally started my build this will be in the style of a sit down cab with my own touch and origanal deisign i got a company to sponsor me and they donated me a 50 inch touch screen overlay http://www.pcconnectionexpress.com/1/1/2918989-nextwindow-50-touchscreen-overlay-2700-50903.html should be here in a week or two but here is the start of the cab i still have alot of sanding and preeping to do i started rounding out the controll panel still not done yet but here is a small update.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    still have a ton of sanding and work to do but so far so good i rounded out the sides of the control panel starting the back and front now and i filled in all the holes and cracks with bondo.will have a update later.

19. dbradford32

dbradford32 What's a Dremel?

this is going to be an epic build! I love the old arcade style games! I too, want to do this, but with a cocque pit! Racing sims! :D

20. modder4:20

nice!!! THAT WOULD BE EPIC BRO.