1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate life

Discussion in 'Serious' started by chimmy09, 7 Aug 2010.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I generally avoid this forum like the plague, but here goes.

Life does indeed suck. Most of it is complete **** and then you die. Woo! People who love everything in their life are generally just trying to kid themselves that they really do. I am extremely suspicious of always happy types. A friend of mine is like that and I am sure one day he will explode and kill us all with the pent-up sadness and anger... but there we go.

Some people need a swift kick up the rear to stop feeling sorry for themselves and that works. For others, and I am one, this has the complete opposite effect and makes us feel more depressed as how dare we think we have it tough. Better just off ourselves and then no-one will have to hear us moaning on... I lost a very good friend because he couldn't work this out about me. If I ever spoke to him whilst unhappy I'd be suicidal by the end of the conversation so unfortunately had to cut all ties.

It sounds like you may be a bit like me. Every now and then things get on top of me, as they do for everyone, and I just want to have a childish tantrum and make everything go away (note: I only had 1 tantrum as a child ever, I never even screamed because I don't like other people/kids doing it - and of course I was brought up to believe children are seen and not heard and preferably not seen either really).

The best way for me to avoid getting to this point is to talk to a like-minded friend who knows I just want to have a big rant and bitch and moan and have them agree with me and eventually I'll be laughing about it. Having someone tell me to 'man up' or how easy my life is compared to others just won't work. It'll make me withdrawn and even worse... I do wish people would understand not every person is alike.

So my advice is to find someone you can rant with. Someone who will listen and agree that they're all *******s and can make you laugh. (Avoid anyone into one-up/or down-manship as they will just infuriate you.) The great thing about technology is it doesn't even have to be face to face or even someone you know irl.

TL;DR: they're all *******s, they should appreciate you more. Here, have a drink on me *chink* {hug}. Don't let the *******s get you down. :thumb:

2. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

My point exactly. One person my find thermal illness depressing, while some other person will feel just as depressed because his favorite mug lost the handle.

Yeah. Agree with you there. (And for the record, I wasn't referring to you in my first post. :) It was more of a stab in Nexxo's direction.)

Not only that, but they are bloody annoying as well.

"Virtual" friends work well until they one day show up at your door and become "real" friends. That gets very complicated very fast...

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

=]

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

That may work too; just letting of steam with a sympathetic ear may help to get some perspective and lighten up. But like the kick up the ass, it can work out the other way and just validate and reinforce you in your unhappy worldview. Sympathy may be what you want, but sometimes challenge is what you need. In my experience it smarted more, but I learned more too.

And as Smilodon implies: misery, like happiness, is relative. You may not get the sympathetic ear you want because people may judge your misery by their own standards and everyone has got their own crap going on. And occasionally it gets just a bit unproductive and dysfunctional. Life is hard, for everybody, but if breaking your favourite mug sends you into a depressive tailspin then perhaps you have a bigger problem than fragile chinaware.

So perhaps the best balance is to have a rant and a moan to get it off your chest (and my bad if I did not sound very empathic, but please read the disclaimer), and then to take a deep breath and see how you can deal with it differently.

Last edited: 10 Aug 2010
  5. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

As has already been said, everybody feels this way sometimes. Existential despair isn't so much a disorder as a moment of clarity; life just isn't that magnificent in and of itself, unless you get off your arse and do something awesome with it. My solution to the "why should I go on living" crisis was simply to reply, "well, what else am I doing? I may as well see where this is going." I plod on, and try to surround myself with good people as much as possible, because they help a lot. In fact I've found that good company is such a rewarding experience that it single-handedly makes life enjoyable and worthwhile.

If you find yourself wallowing in listlessness and misery, go talk to someone (in real life), it really does make all the difference.

6. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

Thanks everyone for the advice and whatnot. If anyone was wondering I am feeling better now. There really was more going on than what I stated earlier, I was having some relationship issues at the same time and it was all just building up inside, and I'm one of those people that isn't big on talking about how I feel, so I hold it all in, then blow up later and bitch and rant about it, then I feel better. But anyways, thanks for the advice, if I can quit being a ***** long enough to talk to my parents about everything, I can avoid another incident like this.

mvagusta likes this.
  7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

[​IMG]

Pookeyhead and Akava like this.
  8. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

9. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Chimmy m8 your not a ***** having a hard time is not easy to cope with and not all of us have the strength at those times to speak to someone at first many of us have been where you are now dont put yourself down all will come good for you in time im sure,If you can open up to someone that will be good for you as holding back is not good but as I said dont think of yourself as weak because you cant open up try to surround yourself with positive people who are whilling to help you and make you laugh I hope all the advice from all here helps you take care m8

mvagusta likes this.
  10. Nexxo

It's not ***** if you find it difficult to talk to your parents. I'm sure there will be good reasons. Don't berate yourself too much, and don't blame others too much either. Everybody is just trying to make the best of it, you know? The cost of living is high, and everybody pays. The trick is to make it worth the price. I think you can get the hang of it.

11. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

+1

Being awesome is way better than being sad. Listen to Hex's advice then be awesome imo.

12. togster

togster foolish

Happiness comes from inner peace. Without inner peace, happiness is impossible. Life often sucks but we can still develop inner peace. There's many ways to do it. There's lots of good advice in these posts. Talk to somebody about your feelings. One day you may see that life is wonderful. Good luck

mvagusta, Rotcrack and Smilodon like this.
  13. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Rep to togster for the most poetic first post ever. ;)

mvagusta likes this.
  14. Nexxo

15. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Nexxo, you don't get any rep. It's not exactly your first post, now is it? ;)

(Oh, yeah. And because i hate haikus)

16. Anuskasvo

Anuskasvo What's a Dremel?

Nexxo,

I hope I die before any of that $hit happens to me.

Life is a ****ing curse.

17. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Sorry I had no time to read through the whole thread now, but based on the early game: you're not alone. There are endless young guys and gals lost in life. "What to do now, why, just why should I even care?" I've been there, and still am, depending on the day. Just need to push through and belive it'll all get better. Sometimes it's all just BS and :wallbash:, but what can you do? that's life.

Last edited by a moderator: 11 Aug 2010
  18. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Sorry, I don't think I can offer any advice, but what I will say is that you are definitely not alone. I often feel just as you described. The main difference though, is that it's my work/daily routine that gets me down. When I'm at home, on the PC, playing guitar, with the family etc, things are fine, great even. I get depressed being at work yet thinking of all the other things I could be doing and feeling like it's a complete waste me being there. It's not like working in a warehouse is a tortuous job, but I often feel I am seriously underachieving.

Whoops that was a bit more of a rant than originally intended, didn't mean to derail your thread. :blush:

Yes I'm a bit like that, luckily for me I have a mate who understands me pretty well, and tbh probably even enjoys listening to some of my rants! :D

Threads like this do make me appreciate being part of this community, though I must be the first to admit, my positive contributions have been few and far between. It's great seeing this much support and advice being given, especially to a relatively new member. Bit-Tech forumites, you rock!:rock:

P.S Hope everything works out for you chimmy!

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

[​IMG]

Great story, bro! (Interesting first post)

Yes, he even looks up at the quote!

20. Nomad2k3

Nomad2k3 What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: :nono:

Not for us lotto winners it aint pal :lol:

There's always lows in life, you just have to take it in your stride and not let it get you down,
    and if you do always feel down, there's always medical help.