1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows EVE Online Players Sound Off!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RotoSequence, 10 Sep 2006.

1. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

At the moment I've been living with Lava and Gas planets (haven't really spent time checking if other types are more worthwhile), mainly selling raw materials of all types in mass at the end of the day/week to a manufacturer friend.

I'm unsure about what the best setup is, it'll vary so much with all the planets being quiet different. Personally I just extract as much as I can and supply it to my friend who gives me a good steady rate, plus a small bonus if I deliver the goods.

If you're good at math and research I'd say looking at the spreadsheets on this topic would be worthwhile; Planetary Interaction Profitability.

2. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I started playing a few weeks ago (initially by buddy system, then bought it off Steam and upgraded the account).

I do really like the game and want to head out into null-sec (have some friends in a corp somewhere out there) but now i got some other friends to sign up and am half-babysitting them in high sec. This is where i'm getting slightly tired of having to grind all the way up to Level 3/4 missions (currently Level 2 now, Level 3 missions are something like 10 jumps away - will move over later tonight).

One thing that's not going well however is me spending the whole afternoon/evening today arguing with CCP's help/support department with regards to not receiving 30 days free due to my friend buying the game from Steam as well (at full price nonetheless)

Apparently the feature got removed due to abuse with the Steam Sale (as noted above) but i don't see why they haven't reimplemented it now the sale is over.

Received conflicting replies as to the New User being informed about Payment Options during the trial (which is wrong).

Not to mention that my friend pointed out the easiest away around it would be to simply buy the game from the Eve Online website itself (either via PLEX or the upgrade feature) and then continue using Steam's Demo/Trial client (which simply gets renamed once you've bought the game).

Overall, the Customer Support staff have been great with very prompt replies to mine (within 10-20 minutes), just that their approach and answers either aren't logical (like see above) or just aren't what i want to hear i guess.

I mean, the idea of the referral system is to reward the existing customer for bringing a new customer to them right? I don't see why it's up to me to determine where they should buy the game from so long as they've bought it/are paying.

/rant over.

3. mycopia

mycopia What's a Dremel?

nice one for the heads up re buddy system vdbswong, was about to try and get some friends involved too, but now it doesn't seem like it's worth the while.

shame as i think it was a good system - i have only been playing for a month so extra info like this helps me out a lot

4. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

As long as your friends buy it through the Eve website, it *should* work out.

Then afterwards, if you want the Steam privileges, just use the Demo client.

Might have another friend getting the game so i'll update you if it goes/doesn't go through.

5. The Professor

The Professor What's a Dremel?

But when i started about 10 moths ago my mate recruted me and another guy, we both bourght ETCs from the website and activated them but the guy who recruited us did not recieve the 2 months so he had to chase CCP and im not sure if he ever recieived the time but they may have updated it now or you can try chasing CCP for the time.

6. Nomad2k3

Nomad2k3 What's a Dremel?

been playing since beta and still loving it.
    My current toon is MrFahrenheit and living down in curse, hook me up ingame for some pirate funz.

7. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

8. The Professor

15 titans unfair fight

9. Cruelinios

Cruelinios EvE Addict

Glad to see more EvE players on here. If you're interested in coming to nullsec and need a corp to help you start out message me in-game (Jimboga).

I'm part of TEST Alliance Please Ignore, we're based up in OWXT (Deklein) and have a really good market up in 0.0, ship replacement scheme for everything up to Carriers that are lost in PvP, lots of ratting potential and EU & US timezone.

10. Chunkers

Chunkers Meat Popsicle

Hiya,

Just joined the forums and am another Eve obsessive. My main character is called 'Chks', he is currently a member of Morsus Mihi and lives in Tribute although we are currently fighting IRC amongst others so I am 'on assignment'.

See you out there....

Chunkers

11. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

This thread has died out... On that subject, TO THE TOP WITH YEH!

Also, my corp is getting kicked from one of the NC puppet alliances due to too few members (though we have more pvp experience in our small corp than the 200+ man corps in the alliance, go figure), and we're not merging. Don't care where we go, so long as there's PVP (preferably small gang warfare, around 20 ~ 30 man fleets)... Anyone have any alliance suggestions? Currently looking at Veritas Immortalis, though not 100% set yet.

12. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

If you want pvp best to stay away from the NC, its too blue having to fly 30+ jumps for some pvp, for small warfare look for allainces based out of npc null sec will get small gangs and bigger moving through.

Though the east/south of eve will be interesting to see if the russians can hold onto all of the space that has been taken from Atlas/AAA.

Going to be alot of pew pew down there for a while hopefully.

13. The Professor

My corps just moved to SCUM but im still not sure if i should go to -10 sec status or not so im debating leaving, is it worth it?

14. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

My Corp is about to join True Reign <TRUE> I don't know anything about them except they have space in Wicked Creek and Scalding Pass. :p
    Just see if you can find a renter alliance in 0.0 space, ideally not with the Ruskies as you won't get that much small fleet PvP

15. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

-10 is not much of a problem if you have another char/alt to sort out high sec stuff/runs etc, otherwise will have to rat back the sec status.

As for True they are a russian renter/pet allaince, which is what alot of the smaller allainces in the east will be.

16. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

Yeah, was living in Pure Blind... Got REAL tired of flying to Cloud Ring, Fountain, and Syndicate to get any PVP (or blob fest in Fountain). As said we're looking at Veritas Immortalis, which run small gangs out of NPC 0.0, but they force you to fit ships their way, which isn't my flavor.

Few of the alliance guys took bombers down to HED and raped AAA as they were trying to make it out.

Dunno, still looking at options. Oh, and while I can do it, I'm going to throw my KB in here for everyone to take a look at. Lotta modifications done to it. LINKIE!

17. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Well ****, So am I. My name is Urethra Infection, Part of the new corp who joined you guys a few days ago, Haters Gonna Hate. By the way if I don't see your ass on home defense fleets I will come punch you in your anus.

18. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

Yet another NC puppet... Lol.

19. magickangaroo

magickangaroo What's a Dremel?

started playing again after bob went pop. Was still in RKK, and looked like we would have a fun time getting our space back. Seemed to happen a bit to quickly for me thou :( and stoped. should start playing again.

20. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Well you have you're space back and fountain as well.