1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics GPU 5970 (are there Diffrence from stock)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Spouse, 15 Aug 2010.

1. Spouse

Spouse Spouse

GPU:

2GB ATI Radeon HD 5970.

I know there are 6 Different Brands, possabily more unknow to me.
    Sappire,
    MSI,
    HIS,
    XFX ,
    GIGABYTE,
    ASUS.

But are there any performance differences (apart from the obviuse Sappire 4gig pre OC)? I know this might be seen a nitpicking but if I dont understand how it works, or why someing is. I have trouble commiting to it.

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

It will be minimal usually is there is. I've never been too concerned about this when I buy GPUs. Other than the OCed specials, they're usually pretty much the same so long as they have the same memory etc.

I'd use the warranty as the yardstick for buying.

3. Balthazor

Balthazor What's a Dremel?

Some of the 5970s have customized software, like the Asus volt tools. I'm not sure about the 5970s, but some of the 5870s have power connectors in different orientations, or different fans; but the 5970s are largely similar in this regard, if I'm not mistaken.

4. Spouse

Spouse Spouse

Cheers man... first straight answer iv had :D I put my system choices with the questions originally and the majority of replays I got were of topic. lol

5. Spouse

Spouse Spouse

I think I just need to read up on each one and see what will fit my system best. see if a can get some consumer reviews on them. warrenty will probs be the decider like pookeyhead said