1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Top 10 UK games chart

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Aug 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

The Gamestation list just depressess me....

3. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

I'm not sure, seeing the Sims occupy so many spaces on the ELSPA charts was also wrist-slash inducing.

4. Farting Bob

Farting Bob What's a Dremel?

Are you implying that 'Dance on Broadway', 'Art Academy' and 'Naughty Bear' were maybe not worthy of being amoung the 10 best selling games this week? Because if you are suggesting that, i and 98% of people here would completely agree with you.

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Yeah, I didn't realise so many women played computer games - no man would buy them, right?

6. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Mafia 2 already making 5th & 6th on pre-orders.

7. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

I didn't realise that female gamers had to be stereotyped as Sims-players..

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

What bothers me is that the (by FAR) best selling PC game doesn't even get above 5th place on the Gamestation chart

9. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

And people wonder why developers insist on making the games cross platform,

10. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I'm amazed cross platform still means PC+console. If money dictated everything it would just be cross-console.

And what the hell is Naughty Bear? Do I even want to know?!

11. shanky887614

shanky887614 What's a Dremel?

dont you people understand anything

how do they make ps3,360 and wii games?

on pc of course this means they have to have support for pc games in there basic code and all they have to do is tweak it a bit and add support for a lot of hardware and they are done

12. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

How much (roughly, iyo) of that is a result of PC gamers buying from dd sources rather than stores?

13. Nomad2k3

Nomad2k3 What's a Dremel?

Dont they count DD?
    I know they didnt used to, but they should by now surely.

The sims 2 still in there made me lol.

14. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

Looking forward to Worms Reloaded on Steam :D

15. demonisch

demonisch What's a Dremel?

I am sure I heard recently that online sales accounted for over 50% of PC games bought. Think it was here on Bit-tech but can't find the quote :(

When I last went into gamestation in Chester they had deals like 2 Xbox games for £20 (not rubbish titles, but titles like FF XIII, Lost Odyssey, Oblivion etc). This is at the front of the store, whereas PC games are relegated to the back of the store disorganised and unattractive, collecting dust along with 16 bit and 32 bit generation console games.

Does the gamestation chart include GAME sales? Not that it matters; the GAME store in Chester has just 3 shelves at the back of the store for PC games. I don't think it is a case of PC games not being popular though; I just think PC gamers generally are more savy and will buy their games from cheaper online sources like Amazon and Play.com, or from Steam.

16. delriogw

delriogw What's a Dremel?

isn't the gamestation chart exactly that tho - the 'gamestation' chart.

i bought my sc2 from game online.
    most of my friends that have it also bought it online - mostly retail copies, but not in a bricks and mortar store

17. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I know Laptop's have come along way... but putting wireless or a network connection to the kitchen just isn't worth it >.<

On topic anti-slating response: This list blows :(

Pete J likes this.
  18. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

Yes...Yes I am...
    (shakes head in despair then goes to see what's on special on Steam!)

19. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

Wow. Chauvinistic pig much? If that's all you've got to say, don't post next time. Disgusting. Get a life.

I am a bit annoyed to see that CnC:4 made the list. Compared to the series, its a rubbish game. I might be underestimating the number of people who might have picked it up after the Supreme Commander series, but the lack of base building in a CnC game? Well, that's like taking the violence out of the GTA series. What's left? A hollow shell of a formerly great franchise. While I liked CnC:3, I think EA drove the series in the ground as the original Westwood crew had less and less to do with the series.

Number one on GameStation shocks me, and I haven't heard of 8-10. I should note that I don't own a Wii and I've only played Wii Sports and have never really been impressed by the titles. Mostly gimmicky. Not dissing the platform, it just isn't something I "get".

The Steam list seems pretty right to me. That being said, I wasn't aware of new Quake titles. I hadn't played a Quake game since Enemy Territories. I'd love to see a new UT game too. Steam is an excellent source of reasonably priced games. :D

20. Aragon Speed

Aragon Speed Busily modding X3: Terran Conflict

It would make a nice change to see a games chart that didn't have 80% of the entries about killing things. I like FPS, but I also like a bit of variety. I rarely buy a game now because they are mostly about killing things (and I already have a fair few games like that), or they are just way to 'care bear'.

Tags: Add Tags