1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films - That get you bawling like a little kid...

Discussion in 'General' started by Lorquis, 10 Jun 2010.

1. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Not crying from a broken bone isn't always that hard to do, depending on which bone it is.
    Seeing people or animals dead gets emotional, when you have some sort of attachment to them. Like so many are moved by seeing dogs die in a movie, because they had spent time watching the movie, getting to know the dog.
    Many people have family members that they just basically do not know, so they don't feel sad when the relative dies.

edit: I could have been more specific, by getting to know a person or animal, I mean develop empathy for them.

Last edited: 2 Aug 2010
  2. seamatt

seamatt PC Building Joey

The first 20 minutes of the Disney film - UP

If it does not bring a tear to the eye, you're dead inside

3. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Not a film, but the only thing ever to have me proper actually crying (Lots of things make me well up but only this made me cry).

The very end of the last episode of Band of Brothers where it shows the old fellas and their names show up.

It might be because I watched the box set one sunday aft/evening so was really into it but honestly, I sobbed my bloody heart out.

In a manly way, obviously.

"Real men never cry".

Mika Hakkinen, shortly after crying his eyes out behind an armco.

Man on Fire got me pretty teary as well.

4. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Oh god yes!

It's all aww oh yay this is all so sweet then life is great and yay then BOOM!

:(.

5. seamatt

seamatt PC Building Joey

I was working away when I saw it, stuck in a hotel room, and they did a PPV movie package. It was about the 3rd film I watched that night, and ended up having to call my wife lol.

6. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I watched Saving Private Ryan (for the 10th time or something) last night on Film4, and the opening sequence where the old Private Ryan went to visit the war cemetery, got me worked up near to tears. I remember going to visit the Normandy beaches with my school as a kid, and not being able to fully understand or appreciate the whole gamut of emotions attached to the beach landings of 1944, but that film rams it home with size 12 boots every time. Especially when the film moves on to the beach landing, I think it portrays the horrors those who really went through it must have experienced in a brutally honest and respectful manner.

7. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I admit I cried in up.. man that movie hits a chord- if it doesn't your probably a teabag

oh yeah remember in the theater I got a little tear for bruce willis in armegeddon when he was left behind on the rock.. those only movies can think of off hand

8. snakerine

snakerine holy immortal gingers

I dont have feelings..

Well i have but is really hard to make me cry.