1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Noobish players on MW2 rant

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by hirezo, 19 Aug 2010.

1. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

im sorry but i have to let this out and see how many others feel like i do...

i am totally annoyed at the noobish players that play modern warfare 2 on pc, i hate that teammates camp in doorways disabling you from taking that route and getting you both killed. another i hate is, when i have a silenced weapon and im trying to take down for instance 2 people, some doughnut feels the need to staff blazing his unsilenced scar-h from right beside me, alerting everyone to my presence??? how about the teammates that run right pass the enemy leaving you to get the aa-12 to the face, and then getting killed by the same guy right after??

and for goodness sakes! whats with all the cheaters?? :S i thought being the best actually meant having skill and reflex speed, not wallhacking and following someone with your ironsight through a building on the other side of the map. :\....i wish steam or valve actually took care of these cheaters, people need to have their games locked for cheating...

thanks for reading, i would like to know your thoughts!:wallbash:

2. Pieface

Pieface Modder

My thoughts? MW2 is crap. MW was a fun game online with great maps, the second version was crap.

3. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

i think so too, but i still find myself playing it, i guess i dont want to waste my money :/ plus i think it has potential if you play in a clan

4. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

The day they said no dedicated servers is the day that every noob/douche/13 year old went out and bought that game. Also it was the day I decided not to buy it.

MW is still awesome. :)

5. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Nothing makes me rage in MW2. Angry people in MW2 make me reach a state of transcendental bliss.

It always makes me chuckle the way whenever a MW2 thread comes up the same people appear to bitch and whine about how bad MW2 is.

6. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

BFBC2

nuff said

DJRenegade likes this.
  7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Without being horrible:

Not everyone is good at computer games, I bet they hate the way you can't kick a football. As long as everyone is participating, its all good, one day you were camping in doorways. Find some people that feel the same, and play private matches.

The most annoying thing about playing with others is the hardcore players who cheat.

8. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

+1

9. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Everyone was a n00b once, don't forget that.

10. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Yeah and MW2 being a game designed for the ever-noobs and without good servers to choose, what else did you expect? It's a mess, but still I love the series so much I'm looking forward to what ever comes next... If only they get the online worth it again.

I still grind MW like no tomorrow. Obviously I also have MW2 but after reaching max lvl I just forgot about it.

11. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I don't think in-engine cheating is a big deal, the game shouldn't have bugs that let people exploit the **** out of it. If someone notices they can shoot through a wall and get free kills, go them. Personally I wouldn't actually enjoy that as much as playing normally, but it doesn't really hurt anyone. Sure, you occasionally randomly die because someone's cheating, but think about it: you're playing MW2. If randomly dying from unidentified gunfire bothers you, don't play modern war games, 'cos that's basically the entire experience in a nutshell.

Blame the developers, not the exploiters, on this count. With millions of players and a jillion dollars an hour flowing in, the least they could do is make the game work properly.

Externally hacking the game, however, with aimbots and such, is lame.

12. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I've never played MW2, I refused due to all the dedi-server BS that happened early on in the game's lifespan, Since then I have never bothered to play and have shunned all communication with my friends on the subject (because it gets heated that they're all consoles gamers and suck >.<)

I personally cannot stand any form of cheating and on our CoD4 TDM server anyone caught is video'd and banned permenantly. MW2 obviously doesn't have this but a nice simply way to do it is to build a recorded for killcams into every game. Then the users are able to review them and submit them to a publisher/admin whatever the case may be (say report the video to Steam for them to review and maybe look at a nice temp ban, obviously it needs to be reviewed by the main guys so it could take 3+ days (anything more is pointless) and then as said, nice big ban.

I hear you on the 'silenced' bit dude... I play with a Silenced Scorp/P90 combo... the amount of times a teammate has come blatting rounds from an RPD behind me and getting us both killed by a 'tuber is incredibly annoying.

*high five for being a good player and ranting ;)*

13. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

+1.

14. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

There are noobs in ALL games, not just MW2.

MW1 has been out for nearly 3 years and I still see people who look like they're playing it for the first time.

Last edited: 19 Aug 2010
  15. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

+1+1

gave up on MW2 2 months ago (i think) haven't looked back.

16. boiled_elephant

That would be me, I only discovered the multiplayer last year and I've only got about 2 ranks :)

If you see me, be gentle. Learning the maps is the real difficulty curve, after that everything's peasy.

17. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

My only problem with BFBC2 is people spamming with RPGs to get easy kills and there being too many "recons" during a rush game. When I do play recon I play with the M14 (my new favorite weapon) or one of the shotguns.

18. SPNKR

SPNKR Pretty Good Kid

Compared to the amount of spam in MW2, the rpg's are miniscule. I'm straight with you on the m14 though, I just wish I could put the reflex sight on it. I play recon a lot, but its more like combat recon. I either run m14 with lw-pack and magnum ammo/assault rifle handling, or the 870 combat with lw-pack and increased body armor. Always c4, always the rex.

MMM I love Battlefield, it is like everything wrong with MW2 is fixed.

Have Fun!
    -SPNKR

19. boiled_elephant

Except the maps. I got sick of how every map was a jungle, it's just too difficult to do FPS effectively in foliage environments. I liked the boat levels and the town levels on MW/2. It was nice having a classic corridor/ceiling FPS environment, or at least something a bit rocky with the odd bunker. Jungles just don't make for varied gamplay...

20. SPNKR

SPNKR Pretty Good Kid

There are a lot more than jungles though. There are arctic, desert, etc. I do hear you though, I would like a city level, though those portions are usually contained in smaller parts of maps. I mean, it is a Battlefield game, so an airport level is kind of out of the question, or any other enclosed space for that matter.

Oh well, here's to a cityfight DLC!

-SPNKR