1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dragon Age Witch Hunt DLC announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 26 Aug 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Matarsak

Matarsak What's a Dremel?

Does it come with the "Slap Morrigan" mod preinstalled?

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It better come with a "stab her in the feet for being an abandoning hobag" option.

4. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Hopefully this should be one of the best DLC's.
    I assume this DLC will be different however you finished the game.

Yet again, I can't wait!

5. wiggles

wiggles Minimodder

Dragon Age is quite boring

6. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

You are clearly outnumbered!

I love morrigan! She was very funny to walk with. She and Shale. I really hope she isn't evil after all.

7. Jezcentral

Jezcentral Minimodder

Morrigan disapproves. -5.

8. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

So, more content that should've been in the game at release. Cool.

The quick-release DLC and expansions for DAO are one of the main things that put me off it halfway through the game. Even when rationalised in terms of development costs or whatever other excuses I just lost respect for the whole game and felt disgisted when I met an NPC who offered me a quest that I had to pay for and download despite having just bought the game for full-price in a shop.
    Ironically (and bull-headedly on my part), it put me off the game so badly that I didn't even get my money's worth from the original purchase.

Maybe if the DLC and expansions drop in price someday I might revisit the game.

9. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

BUT you didn't have to buy it? The game doesn't require to you buy it progress, nor contain any major story elements.

And seriously why are you complaining about the expansion? It came out 4-5 months after Origins?

10. Xonar

Xonar What's a Dremel?

Definitely downloading this on the 7th, I've been hoping something would crop up and give me a good excuse to go back and play again :D

11. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I didn't have to buy it - I've already admitted that bull-headed adherence to principle has kept me from even getting my money's worth from what I did actually buy and I'm well aware that I can finish the game without it, but whether that's actually 'finishing' the game or not is debateable. That's my problem with it.
    Buying an expansion to a game further down the line to finish off or extend the plot is fine in some cases, especially where the extra content is significant, well-priced and honest in terms of development time, but when the game ships with NPCs already in place to talk to you about a quest which is clearly already planned and ready, then try to sell you the DLC containing the quest for real-world money it just stinks of greed and intentionally holding back already-prepared content for the sake of milking customers.

You might be fine fine with that and clearly millions of people whose gaming habits have been shaped by the age of Xbox live are fine with it too, but I personally find it reprehensible and insulting from the point of view of a paying customer.

12. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

i have dragon's age: origins installed, can't get into it at all, seems boring :(

am i normal ?

13. Apoptosis

Apoptosis What's a Dremel?

It seemed boring to me at first, too. Now I've finished it three times already.

I wonder if the DLC takes into account your choices regarding Morrigan during the game.

14. Taniniver

Taniniver Minimodder

I should think so. The "Awakening" did, there was a difference in who came to see you at the depending on who is still alive/around at the end of the game.

15. Taniniver

Taniniver Minimodder

I agree. The "Warden's Keep" DLC, that was available from the party camp and the quest could even be started without it but not finished, was just a joke. Yes, it added some gameplay content, but it also added the party storage chest, which IMO is essential. The fact that it was already available at the time of release means they COULD have just included that content in the game, but they decided to take it out and charge extra for it instead.

They did the same with Mass Effect 2, having DLC available at release that could have been included already, though in this case the extra stuff available is by no means essential. In fact, the extra party character added is not even well implemented; they didn't give him a whole series of dialogue interactions with your character whilst on the ship like they did for all the others. At least Shale in Dragon Age was as full-featured as all the other characters.

16. dylawesome

dylawesome What's a Dremel?

If it does, and a good job is done with story flexibility, then it could be actually a great piece of DLC. But if not, it would be so disappointing as to be frustrating even if it were free.

17. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

I finished Dragon Age Origins for the first time a couple of days ago and I must say I loved it.

The full expansion pack does not tempt me, as I have heard that in terms of story and interaction it is under par.

However as Morrigan was my main love interest in the game I would love to track her down, so this DLC really appeals.

One problem I forsee is that I actually died at the end of the main game, so a quick ressurection will just feel wrong.

Having watched the Dragon Age 2 trailer I can not wait for it to come out.

I am on to Mass Effect 2 now, which I have had loitering unopened for a while. I find the character interaction a bit basic compared with DA, but it does look like a good game that I will really enjoy. I seem to have spent an inordinate amount of time mining so far rather than saving the galaxy though...

18. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

As do I ;)

Seriously though I can understand why DA would not be for everyone. I, however, loved it and look forward to some more content (as long as it's good).

19. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

for 80p tunnocks will sell you 4 caramel wafers. they already have another 4 in the factroy ready to ship but they want to charge you more for that. Do you get good value for the first 4 for 80p? if so no need to complain.
    After playing DA Origins, i thought i got more content / £ than average. I'm not a fan of £3 for another big quest tacked on, i'd much rather pay £20 for a whole expansion.

20. chase217

chase217 What's a Dremel?

ok im sorry but i play alot of game's that are sucky (btw this was the last game i have that i havent beaten witch i did tho under 3 days) but im sick of letting sucky games go..please some one be with me on this but i think morrigan deserves way better than just a DLC i think bioware shouldve put her in the second one or make a new one i mean come on she desevers it i no it sounds like much and sh*t but like i think bioware could have done a LOTTTT better in the person diolague(such as choices,story changing event's and not everything resulting in a dual if one miss spoken word is said.) the story could have been alot better i think and there shouldve been a way to keep morrigan, and aslo with out me having to buy a dlc after the end of the game cause i didnt complete all side quest's and now i have to buy a dlc -_- but if you serch the web about morrigan or if u ever will find her again witch you do in a dlc (witch hunt) but if u search up that stuff you will find ALOT of morrigan fan's such as my self. . . . . witch is funny i only played this game cause of my xbox live as been shut off and i beaten every game i have except this one and this will and always be my NUMBER 1 game! . . . . .and the point is i think there need's to bee wayyy more than just this -DLC-
    and tho this might seem crazyyyy but if your a TRUE Dragon Age -!FAN!- please if some one would here me out on this and help me spread this word of it. . . . . . PLEASE. . . . . .

Tags: Add Tags