1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Don't buy MOH if you're British

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DragunovHUN, 22 Aug 2010.

1. Odin Eidolon

Odin Eidolon What's a Dremel?

This can happen. U.S. soldiers tortured many people for no reason.

2. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Hell I served 7 years in the army is that going to stop me buying a game for enjoyment. I am sure these politicians are looking for brownie points or something. This place is getting like a god damned police state and we going to ask to go for a crap just now.

They should stick to what they know best and that is stuff all.

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

They aren't. They don't even know where they are (my money is on Pakistan and Saudi Arabia and, of course now Saddam is out of the picture, Iraq). They never did, which is why they couldn't kick Osama out at the request of the US. Didn't particularly care to either, but they were not actively hiding him.

The truth is much more complicated than that, and no open arms were involved. There has always been tension between Asian immigrants from the former British colonies and the Brits. As recently as the 60's and 70's racism and discrimination were rife. When an ethnic group cannot intergrate, they marginalise. Asians clustered together in their own communities, as did the Afro-Caribbeans.

When the West indulged in illegal invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq it was seen as just another expression of racist sentiment, not least because of the anti-muslim paranoia from the locals actively encouraged by government policy. Already disenfranchised and disgruntled young men suddenly found a focus for their rage. This opportunity was of course heavily exploited by the fundamentalist Muslim clerics preaching in local mosques. Make no mistake: these clerics had been doing their thing for decades, but it was not until the illegal invasion of Iraq in particular that they found people willing to listen. The 7/7 London bombing and the Jackass-TV attempt at Glasgow airport betray that these were not the carefully planned act of an organised terrorist network. They were hystrionic acting out by a bunch of disenfranchised and alienated losers.

Last edited: 27 Aug 2010
  4. Nexxo

Abu Ghraib. Mi Lai. Your intuition is wrong. UK soldiers have been tried for doing their own version of Abu Ghraib.

UN soldiers have been representing our enlightened civilisation in Somalia. In 1995, a group of Canadian paratroopers were investigated for torturing a Somali to death and killing three others. In 1997 the London Telegraph, in a combined dispatch with AFP, reported that Belgian troops roasted a Somali boy (yes, on a spit). The sentence for this crime committed during an operation ironically called "Restore Hope": the military court sentenced two paratroopers to a month in jail and a fine of £200,--. Another Belgian soldier stands accused of forcing a young Somali to eat pork, drink salt water and then eat his own vomit. Another sergeant is suspected of having murdered a Somali whom he was photographed urinating upon. Another child, accused of stealing food from the paratroopers' base, died after being locked in a storage container for 48 hours. Fifteen other members of the same regiment were investigated in 1995 for "acts of sadism and torture" against Somali civilians.

Around the same time gruesome photos were published in a Milan magazine of Italian soldiers torturing a Somali youth and abusing and raping a Somali girl. Paratroopers claimed they were specifically trained in methods of torture to aid interrogation. According to one witness, Italian soldiers tied a young Somali girl to the front of an armoured personnel carrier and raped her while officers looked on.

The South China Morning Post published an AFP report about an Italian battalion commander who sexually abused and strangled a 13-year-old Somali boy. There are also allegations that, in 1993, Italian soldiers beat seven suspected Somali thieves, killing one; that they beat to death a 14-year-old boy who sold a false medal and beat a couple in a car. An Italian paratrooper was quoted as saying: "What's the big deal? They are just ******* anyway."

So is Saudi Arabia's. They are our friends. So was Saddam's Iraq. He used to be our friend. And let me whisper the two words: "extraordinary rendition". What does that make us but the worst kind of hypocrite; the one who doesn't get his own hands dirty but facilitates those who do?

Last edited: 27 Aug 2010
  5. Mach1.9pants

Mach1.9pants What's a Dremel?

FFS as some one who has been there and done that in Iraq (and have many mates currently/about/just have) in the Stan.. I have no problem with this AND neither does anyone in the forces I know.

All this is is an easy way for a politician (who's idea of being on the front line is an all expenses paid trip... which could be better used on body armour... for a few days in a rear base) to score some free newspaper inches.

Twats the lot of them.

The only people have have real beef with these sort of games (and the fallujah ones) are not the military guys who have been there but the relatives and friends of the injured and killed. At least they can make a decent case, and I respect that. But a politician saying 'it undermines the values' of our forces? Bollox... what undermines the values is the penny pinching tossers in gov't that stop the forces getting the training/gear/support they need!

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Rant over.

6. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Odin Eidolon likes this.
  7. Odin Eidolon

Odin Eidolon What's a Dremel?

8. alastor

alastor Minimodder

thehippoz likes this.
  9. alex!

alex! Kick-ass:Death ratio 93

Personally I dont see what the problem is, anybody who cant distinquish a game from reality, really needs to consider taking a long walk.....Outside.

10. Nexxo

[​IMG]

...Myeah. or maybe not.

11. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

At first glance I thought that was Gabe Newell :lol:

12. Pieface

Pieface Modder

The guy int he pic is too skinny to be Gabe.

13. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

nice wife beater

14. pandoraocicat

pandoraocicat What's a Dremel?

Nice article but some sence here. If a movie offends you dont go to see it. Somthing on tv offends you change channel a game offends you dont play it.

So its awfull to shoot us troops in a game. Sorry but delta force 1998 lets go kill some arabs cant remember many complaints and even i n the dark ages of dial up there were plenty of us dying killing and respawning. To anyone offended youve never played a game where youve killed 100s koreans russians south americans etc etc etc. That was okay now your offended you can play as the taliban and kill americans. In the Rambo 3 computer game wasnt that based on afghanistan fighting with the taliban killing russians. So that was okay.

15. alex!

alex! Kick-ass:Death ratio 93

Oh god what has the world come to?!

16. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Aaaaand another, examining the backlash towards Dr Fox from pretty much everyone:
    Looks like my local MP is taking a bit of a hit from everywhere :lol:

17. cgthomas

cgthomas Cpt. Handsome

Ban all war movies, Rambo, Transformers, Avatar because they all contain killings of civilians and destruction and the viewer is forced to witness torture of British and US forces! Get real, shouldn't have started the war in the first place. Bloody idiot, like all politicians. Full of ******** just so they can benefit themselves.
    We need the queen to have full power

18. Pieface

Pieface Modder

The queen to have full power? Pahahahaha! Rule the state by Monarchy again? Are you mad?

19. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

OK at first I thought this was a single player level like the russian airport level. But it's multiplayer factions? WTF is the problem with that? We had SAS vs. GIE (Generic Islamic Enemy) in CoD

20. pac-man

pac-man What's a Dremel?

I'm probably repeating what's been said but it's just a game. Reminds me somewhat of the controversy which surrounded Manhunt.