1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Hydro-Li

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Ripitup121, 1 Sep 2010.

1. exexs

exexs What's a Dremel?

I dont know if I am the only one to notice that but.. you have to do something about the color of your fans! (Noctua are the best, but the color is so the opposite!)

2. Ripitup121

Ripitup121 MMMMMMm watercooling....

Lol, they wont be visible so dont think it matters much, as the same time do they are pretty unique colour that makes em stand out, dog turd brown can be a unique colour cant it???? :rock:

3. bobisgod

bobisgod What's a Dremel?

Wow. I can't wait to see what you're gonna do with the display. Lian Li quality never ceases to amaze me. However @ everyone talking about the uses of Noctuas- Noctuas are amazing case fans, but tests show that because of their lack of static pressure, they shouldn't be used as rad fans.

4. Ripitup121

You make a good point, well will see what my temp's turn out to be in each loop can always get 6 new fans if they are not to my liking. Does anyone know if the Yate loon ones are as good as they say for rads???

5. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

You have a whole load of choice when it comes to decent fans for rads, below are listed some of the more popular choices though it will also depend on whether they're set to pull or push configuration...

In no particular order

• Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1450 RPM
    • Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM
    • Coolink SWiF2-120P 1700 RPM
    • Scythe Kaze Jyuni 1200RPM
    • Scythe Kaze Jyuni 1900RPM
    • Cooler Master Excalibur's 2200 RPM

6. Ripitup121

Will have to do some research then, looks like Scythe have the rad market targeted.. :p thanks mate

Last edited: 7 Sep 2010
  7. Ripitup121

Small Update 07/09/2010

Hay Guys,

Have a small update today on some gear i got in. (Thanks Scan) last few bits that i needed but most importantly the order included the compression fittings i was after. So without further ado here are some shots.

What i got in:
    EK Asus X58 Mosfet waterblocks and North/south bridge block, Bitspower fittings and one rad grill.
    [​IMG]

Close look at Mosfet blocks:
    [​IMG]

Close look at North/South bridge block:
    [​IMG]

Bitspower fittings.... mmmmm drool
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of the blocks with fittings and my EK 250 rev2 Resevoir with a fitting
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Have to say that even do i am't being sponsored:

Thanks to
    Scan for great service on all orders and great selection of parts, EK for superb quality waterblocks and Aquatuning for there help with parts and questions.

Am starting collage tomorrow guys but hope to keep the updates coming.
    As always please feel free to leave a comment.

Cheers
    Rip:rock:

8. Dudey109

Dudey109 Minimodder

That case is huge, and you made it even bigger!
    Sweeeeet
    I love the bitspower fittings!
    Keep it going im keeping an eye on this one

9. Ripitup121

2nd Update 07/09/2010

Hay All,

So got the whole afternoon to work on this. wasnt up to doing anything with the top extension today so decided to fit the waterblocks i got this morning (see update 1 from today) the results are very very cool although i have hit a snag with tubing and how to best avoid kinking. Because all the fittings are so close together i may have no other option but to get anti-kink coils for the clearfex 60 tubing i'm using. its only a minor problem do but i was trying to avaid that route if i could. Anyways i figured i would set up the 2nd GTX 460 i had for SLi with its waterblock too and stick it all in the case to get a better impression how the main compartment would end up looking. have to say so far i am very pleased with the outcome. The pictures will tell the rest of the story. :D

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hooked it up just for a quick Mobo post to make sure it was still alive after me messing with it. :)
    [​IMG]

Hope you guys like it.

Cheers

10. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Now that is a massive case. I really like what you have done so far, I will be keeping an eye on this one.

I have been considering that same motherboard for my next build (starting soon), now that I have seen it with the blocks on I may have to reconsider how I have planned things, only slightly though.

11. Ripitup121

Thanks mate.

Cheers, yeah the mobo is a very tasty bit of kit, am very happy how that one turned out.

12. Ripitup121

Small Update 10/09/2010

Hay Guys,

Only a small update today, did a little sleeving for the build, only doing the cables that will be visible in the main compartment the rest will all be hidden away through cable management. The black and orange works well, gives some idea as to the final colour sceme anyways. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats actually UV orange sleeving in between the black, The flash didnt do a great job of showing it do.

Cheers

13. bobisgod

bobisgod What's a Dremel?

Your best bet would be a gentletyphoon- by far the best 120mm rad fan. And those ek blocks look amazing:thumb:

14. Ripitup121

Cheers Mate.

15. Ripitup121

Small Update 12/09/2010

Hay Guys,

Didnt get as much time to work on the rig as i wanted to the last few days however i did get a base plate made to cover the main compartment floor while at the same time creating an nice area for the 2 Liang DDC pumps that are going into the build (which i havent gotten in yet). Still needs a wet/dry sand and 1 or 2 holes for gpu cables but am wondering would it look better polished up or sprayed matt black to match the exterior. any ideas???

Base plate in the case:
    [​IMG]

New base plate:
    [​IMG]

Shot from the back with the mobo tray out:
    [​IMG]

UV Cathode coming through:
    [​IMG]

Overall effect:
    [​IMG]

Have to say i am pretty happy with it :D

Cheers

16. The boy 4rm oz

Nice job on the floor plate, I am doing something similar with my soon to be purchased Lian Li except I am removing the last PCI slot so I can just fit in 2x240mm radiators in the bottom compartment :D.

17. Ripitup121

Lil Teaser

Hay All,

Just 1 or 2 pics to show you what i'm working on at the moment as a lil teaser, trying to get the top extension finished this week, fingers crossed

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cheers
    Rip :rock:

18. Ripitup121

Same case or a differant Lian-Li. Sounds like it'll be a good one :thumb:

19. The boy 4rm oz

Different Lian Li for me, I'll be doing it to a PC-P50.

20. Ripitup121

Update 18/09/2010

Hay All,

Sorry bout the length of time between updates this week, collage etc took priority, got alot done today do, base plate mounted in the case, lil cable routing, made a support to prevent the GPU's from sagging and a back plate for beside the motherboard for hiding cables so all in all not a bad day. Pictures will tell the rest. Still pondering over painting the alu black or polish or maybe even getting it anodised black.. :sigh: anyways pics with tell the rest of the story.

Base plate screwed down:
    [​IMG]

GPU support: simple and effective
    [​IMG]

Without back plate and then the 2nd is what i made to cover it up and allow me to hide cables: (still needs a few holes for atx power connctor drilled in it do)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looking at it now do i realise i may have to relocate the 2 pumps as they were gonna go infront of the lower fan in the last pic but might be a lil too tight. maybe they will go into the lowest compartment with the psu but thats something i'll look at another day when the pumps do finally come in :)

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
    Rip :rock: