1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Weird Dreams Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Veles, 18 May 2010.

1. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Vanity issues, I'm afraid.

2. Synikal Ali

Synikal Ali What's a Dremel?

I woke up this morning, having just been asked to do a sum by some work colleagues (or so I thought).

So the first thing I did when I woke up was 45 * 1600 :s lol

3. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I've been trying to learn lucid-dreams, which may have had an effect on the recent dreams. Not the kind I would have hoped, but atleast I've remembered many dreams after waking up.

Last night I was preparing for a skydive from a plane, when it started coming down. Just as it crashed I thought "hmm.. I DO think this is a dream, because I'm not quite ready to die" or something.

Before that some ski-jumper died after taking a jump on what looked like a bath-tub. Again, I thought it was probably a dream.

I really hope the future dreams will include a bit less people dying.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I've not remembered a dream for a loooong time.

Last one I can remember was a recurring dream about a girl I've never seen elsewhere. That is, really, about as weird as mine get. As far as I know. They might be weirder and just going unremembered.

5. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Thrown into my normal mix of cool, relaxed dreams, I occasionally have a little nugget of unimaginable horror. One was a woman's head being cut in half down the length of her nose with a taut piece of pianowire on a hacksaw frame. It was in the middle of an otherwise unmemorable and ordinary dream; I involuntarily remembered it forever because it was so unspeakable.

Another involved amputated limbs scabbing over and turning into Akira-esque body horror creatures. I don't know where the **** this **** comes from - probably from watching Akira as a child, actually.

[​IMG]

Lesson, parents! Carefully monitor and gradient your child's intake of japanese media.

edit - I just remembered the latest one, which I'd forgotten:
    a warlord in some ancient desert setting who responded to a starving peasant's request for water by having his soldiers steal three babies from the peasant's neighbouring families, 'reduce' them on a wooden chair on the spot and give the peasant the liquid run-offs.
    I couldn't sleep after that one. I blame Ghost in the Shell: Innocence for putting the seed of the idea in my head.

In fact, really, what the hell is wrong with anime?

Last edited: 8 Sep 2010
  6. Jipa

There's something about it that is NOT wrong? Oh man.

(I've actually been attacked by an anime-watching girl. THAT was scary. She was way bigger than me. And crazier. That happens when anime isn't beaten off a child early enough.)

7. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

I've had very few that I remember but one of the weirdest ever came when I was on pain meds when I had a kidney stone...

I went to sleep on my couch(real life). I woke up on the couch in the dream and that couch was the only piece of furniture left in my house. My TV and Stereo were gone. Computer gone, everything. At the time, I still lived with my parents and we were in process of moving as soon as I graduated school in about a month so my first thought was they left me there. I was going to go outside to see if my car was at least still there and opened the door to the garage - There was a raptor standing there, just like you'd see in any dino movie except that it didn't really scare me, my thoughts were just like 'seriously?'... Then the raptor speaks. He tells me, in an English accent(I'm southern US at the time so that stuck out), he tells me to piss off. I didn't care to fight a raptor so I just close the door and was going to go upstairs and go out the front door. When I turned around, I noticed a guy standing in a dark corner with a rather large knife. He said something that sounded Spanish, I don't speak Spanish so I have no clue what he said. He walks out the door into the garage and judging from the noise, there's a brutal fight. The noise ends for a few seconds and then the door breaks open and the raptor is standing there, furious, thinking that I sent the guy out to kill him and the rest of the dream is me running away from the him.

More recently, I had a dream that felt like one of the futuristic movies with ridiculous laws where you're not allowed to own books/paintings, security cameras everywhere and if you even think of doing something wrong, police take you away. If you own any of these items, you're banished from the city. In this dream, I upset someone and start finding things that you're not allowed to own and trying to get rid of it. The weird thing is they type of thing that you're not allowed to own. One of the things I found was band-aids. The reasoning behind that was, there is no reason that anyone should be injured and require a band-aid. If you owned them you are prone to injury. Injuries are likely to get infected. Infection is like a sickness so they're banned. Another one was motor vehicles or anything that relates to a motor vehicle so a quart of oil showed up. So, I've got these things and suddenly my apartment is being searched daily to try to search for prohibited items... The band aids were easy enough to burn and toss but the quart of oil was more tricky as all bags are clear so I can't just throw it in the trash or in the dumpster or whatever so I found some people that were against this society and trying to fight it and they helped me and we had to mix the oil into food and melted the plastic container and threw it out that way. After that, I started trying to figure out who I upset and was planting these things in my apartment. I found out it was someone I used to work with and I was going to return the favor with the help of the resistance group but I woke up first...

8. boiled_elephant

Meet the culprit:

[​IMG]

9. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Haven't remembered a dream in while. Not sure you could call it a dream, but my alarm goes off, I fall back to sleep, then start dreaming that I'm gonna be late for work. As I say, not sure if it's me dreaming or just my subconscious.

10. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

V for Vendetta? haven't seen that one yet. I keep meaning to but for some reason it doesn't come to mind when I sit down and look at netflix or wherever else..

11. boiled_elephant

It's excellent and, by the sounds of it, would appeal to you on various conceptual points. I recommend it. Via legal channels. (Because I get banned if I don't.)

12. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Holy Thread Revival :D

Last night I dreamt I was some secret agent type guy. Next thing I know, I get caught by some koreans/japanese etc military type people, and we are to be executed. First up is me, of course. So I'm seeing the knife go across the neck, but it just leaves a reddish graze. In my half conscious state I'm thinking phew, then, hang on, that's not very realistic, so I do a retake, and the second time I'm grabbing my neck, blood spewing. Earlier on in the dream, I remember needing a spare part for a Lamborghini, me driving it to go and collect it. lol.

Last edited: 21 Mar 2011
  13. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

this thread is pretty good for spotting the weirdos and avoiding them. :thumb:

14. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

Watching countdown with a miniature rhino... If anyone can tell me what that means i'd love to hear!

15. Jipa

Just a while back I saw a dream where I took my bicycle to a shop for some repairs (rear sprocket, should be 30 EUR or something). Asked for the price, the salesman looked at the bike for a while and, with a perfectly straight face said "350 EUR". At this point I obviously went "wtf man this whole bike doesn't cost that much" again a bit of a pause when the guy looked me in the eyes and just went "Oh dear."

At which stage I woke up really enraged :D The thing is, before this dream I spent the day wondering just how much the Finnish real-life stores suck and just how costly they are.

16. boiled_elephant

Hey, I'm actually a very normal guy when you get past the dreams about baby killing.

17. Rotcrack

Rotcrack Food Maestro.

I had a dream about holding my best mates foot whilst sleeping, probably because I was holding my best mates foot. :\

It was awkward.

18. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

^ Just be glad you went holding something else tbh. That would have been VERY awkward.

19. Jipa

Haha reminds me of when after a party there were three of us sleeping on the same king-size bed, a friend of mine, a girl and me.. girl went to work from between us two and I'd kinda sorta rolled all the way over to the other side. Now THAT was awkward.

Back to sleeps, last night I went fishing in Finland, the boat sank and suddenly I found myself stranded on a tropical island. Didn't feel like waking up.

20. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

opportunist lol..