1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Your Room and Computer

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 19 Oct 2007.

1. Moddern

Moddern Minimodder

nm, um, mm, cm (in fact m) is always a measure of size/length.

Which letter is Greek? Hard to make it out.

But why bother. Let's have a real science topic.

2. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

It's the one on the bottom right, Lambda or in this case the symbol for wavelength.

Altron likes this.
  3. Moddern

Moddern Minimodder

That is wavelength (?), looked like a stray -2.

In any case answer is simple: energy, wavelength distribution. What looks like a Bell curve, is actually not. It latter more resembles the spectral distribution of a Black Body.

Taken as a whole the distribution is a piecewise suggesting a non-classical application.

What exactly are you working on?

Altron likes this.
  4. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

visible light spectrum?

5. Altron

Altron Minimodder

It's a SPD of a white LED. My roommate is an optical engineer at Panasonic who does colorimetry in the TV department, and we were discussing the misconception that LED-backlight LCD TVs have superior performance to CCFL-backlight LCD TVs and Plasma TVs.

[​IMG]

Moddern likes this.
  6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I long to live and study in an environment where that is the standard of discussion. I distinctly remember my first year roommates at university discussing where they went out and how much they drank last night at least every other day. Needless to say I was out of there after a year :rolleyes:

7. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Next he'll say he's at MIT!

8. Altron

Altron Minimodder

I used to live with a guy who did nothing but watch MTV's garbage 'reality' shows and webcam with his dumbass girlfriend. She once had a heated debate about their age differences. Apparently, he was born in February 1990, and she in October 1991, and she thought that he was six months older. He literally spent a half hour arguing with her over basic arithmetic.

Living with all engineers is fun. We have a painting of all the Marvel characters. We have a full size poster of Neal Patrick Harris on a unicorn. Another poster of Albert Einstein sticking out his tongue. We have bookcases full of Oracle scripting books mixed with sci-fi TV series and all sorts of comic book movies.

Find a couple of engineers to live with.

9. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Lol! Am i the only one think 'Big bang theory' here...

10. dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused generic babble ->

So here's my setup at the moment, thought it was about time to show it :thumb:

[​IMG]

Good luck working out all that stuff...... 40hx703, ps3 (folding), ex-htpc now folding rig, wii, sony da2400 amp + other stuff.

[​IMG]

as in sig plus an ipad and can of export...

11. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

We did that last year too, we had over 0.1THz, but there was 6 of us. Those 5 were video games designers and I'm just a dweeb.

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Do my eyes deceive me, or are those a pair of floor standing dark oak Tannoy Mercury Custom F4's?

13. dazedandconfused

They certainly are, wish I got matching speakers all round but funds wouldnt allow it.

14. Gareth24

Gareth24 Folding = vdubs

Nope I was thinking that myself lol.

15. Canon

Canon Reformed

How do you find the keyboard? I'm still getting used to mine and to be honest still working out the driver :grr:

Nice can of export :thumb:

16. Moddern

Moddern Minimodder

You aren't that far off but still miles off, if what you are actually hinting to is the energy distribution of the cosmos with respect to the wavelength (or frequency) of radiation. It has the characteristic peak which then tails off. The smooth shape of the curve hints to a classical observation.

[​IMG]

In light of the example in this thread, the frequencies are off. The frequencies are significantly higher than microwaves. But you still see the same characteristic shape of the energy density reoccurring. In fact the first peak is a bit of an anomaly which coincides with even higher frequencies.

In a nutshell what this problem suggests is that there is an underlying pattern in nature which repeats itself on different scales.

On a more relevant subject, I still don't quite see how this relates to the performance of displays if all it questions is how to get the best/purest whites on your screen.

17. Altron

Altron Minimodder

It's a constant joke. Especially since I am the only one of the four with a girlfriend, and she hangs out around the house a lot. None of us are as crazy as Sheldon though.

18. Moddern

Moddern Minimodder

Don't go OT now Altron. You opened the can of worms.

Answer the question and where is my rep?? :rock:

19. Altron

Altron Minimodder

I posted the graphic it was based on above. A white LED

LEDs are pretty close to monochromatic light sources, with a very narrow Gaussian distribution around the central wavelength.

White LEDs are essentially just a blue LED with phosophor on the die. The blue excites the phosphor, which then re-emits at longer wavelengths.

However, it's not a perfect blackbody distribution. There's a noticeable peak in the blue, very little indigo, then a good amount of green and yellow, but less red.

Because of this, plasmas have a superior color gamut to LED-backlight LCDs.

20. dazedandconfused

Its alright, Ive not been a 'heavy' keyboard user and my last gaming keyboard was the logitech wave you can see next to my centre speaker.
    I do find it taps VERY loud when typing and not the easiest for finding buttons when gaming, but that might be because I dont really use my little finger and index finger.

Well I only use the driver for changing the backlight as I dont play many games that I find need anything configured as i'm more of a mouse user.

Although it does collect dust like a bitch :grr: