1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals New Gaming Mouse Pad?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SmilerAl, 6 Sep 2010.

1. NeiltheDruid

NeiltheDruid Minimodder

When I said it condenses moisture, I meant from my hand, but then again, all mats probably do that to a point, just a glass one shows it more. As for the dust thing, you're right, just give it a wipe with a cloth or your jeans :)

2. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

the I2 has just become my dream mousepad :3. I'll recommend it here as well. Thanks Waffle (+rep)

3. originalmate

originalmate What's a Dremel?

I've had a few different gaming mats, but by far my favourite is the QPAD CT Large Professional Gaming Mouse Pad. It's a massive mat but it's very comfortable to use and allows you to lower the sensitivity to be really accurate in fps games.
    I've had mine for a couple of years and with a quick wipe over every now and then it's still in great condition.

4. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I will quote Bob Lee Swagger on this one
    'Slow is smooth, smooth is fast'

About the mousepad, you can go wrong with a Corepad

5. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

I'm basically a high sensitivity gamer that likes it smooth so instead of having sensitivity maxed out I just up the dpi on my mouse and put the sensitivity on a lower setting to get the effect of speed as well as precision.

6. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

I use the Vespula, which is basically the eXactmat, only with a new design, and you don't have to pay extra for the wrist rest.

Having dual surfaces is nice, too.

7. SmilerAl

SmilerAl Terminate with extreme prejudice

Well I'm looking at the SteelSeries Experience I2 Pad now, but can I get a few questions answered.
    Is it actual glass? How does that work for a mouse with optical light (CM Storm Inferno)?
    How does it manage with knocking it and moving it? Does it stay on the surface well without substantial force or lifting it up?

8. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

http://reviewrelay.com/images/computer/mouse pads/steelseries-i2-mouse-pad2.jpg

You can see from that image that the i2 has rubber feet on the bottom of it to stop the thing from sliding around. If you have a laser/optical mouse though I wouldn't suggest that you get the clear version of the mousepad as it probably will have more tracking issues than a colored one (I'm guessing this just by looking at it). The clear pad gives a good picture of the rubber feet though.

Yes it is glass. It's made to work with optical (doesn't say laser but users say it works fine see above conversation lol) so I wouldn't expect problems. Because of the rubber feet I would assume that the mousepad would stick pretty well on just about any surface. Probably just as well as any soft mousepad would.

9. SmilerAl

Thanks for that, I'm trying to make solid purchase that will last me a few years so I can justify a £30 tag on something that is can be replace by a few sheets of paper.

10. Reddoguk

Reddoguk I Play WoW :(

11. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

They make glass nail files that are advertised with a life time guarantee (or what ever). If you can file your nails with a glass nail file for your whole life and never need to replace it, I'm willing to bet that you'll be able to glide a little ol mouse over a glass mousepad for several years at least.

12. SmilerAl

Right, sounds good.

Can some one clear it up for me though, will my CM Storm Inferno work fine with it?

13. SmilerAl

What...
    Don't derail my thread please.

14. SmilerAl

Sorry to bump my own thread but can I please get confirmation it the mouse pad will work with a CM Storm Inferno?

15. cgthomas

cgthomas Cpt. Handsome

16. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

+1

plastic feels cheap, fabric feels quality :)

17. Rofl_Waffle

Rofl_Waffle What's a Dremel?

My SM Sentinel worked with it so im guessing yes.

Also there is no clear version of the mouse pad. It is textured glass, like a sandy surface to improve glide so it losses its optical clarity.

In my mind cloth mousepads feel the cheapest since they are everywhere. They are also priced the cheapest too. The most expensive and unique pads are glass or aluminum.

Last edited: 14 Sep 2010
  18. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

Cloth mousepads come in the middle ground for me. I've seen and felt the very cheapest mouse pads ever made. There were literally 2 boxes full of them where I worked in the summer. They were made of a light weight foam that wouldn't stick to anything and couldn't lay flat on their own. If you used one you most likely moved the pad as often as you moved the mouse and the feel of it screamed "I got this for 5 cents".