1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News The Mineral Oil PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Sep 2010.

1. jake9891

jake9891 Loves Internet Shopping

I was just thinking if everything is in oil how does that affect spinning speed of the fans?? do they spin at all? and what is the need for them if everything is in oil? heatsinks are not enough?

Sorry if these are some stupid questions, but I am a complete n00b when it comes to water or oil cooling...

2. legoman666

legoman666 Beat to fit, paint to match.

3. Tyns

Tyns What's a Dremel?

Water chiller?

I would love to know if a water chiller would be a viable (and better) alternative to the radiators. Not sure if chillers use PVC, which would obviously cause a problem, but if they coudl handle the oil, it seems like this system is a perfect target for its use - large reservoir for high specific heat, no danger of condensation. Get bit-tech to send you their review unit!

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2010/07/20/hailea-hc-500a-water-chiller-review/1

4. legoman666

legoman666 Beat to fit, paint to match.

Unfortunately I don't think Bit-tech gives out their review units. Anyway, water would still condense on the inside of my tank if it got cold enough. (On the top and the sides above the oil level.

5. fiespferd

fiespferd What's a Dremel?

Wow, wow, wow.
    It´s a great mod

6. barney magru

barney magru What's a Dremel?

Utterly stunning! Although I'd be slightly terrified having that oil around me, in a relatively warm environment! ;)

7. Chiller1

Chiller1 Hybrid Level 10 building

this is a very nice build, fantastisch +11

Tags: Add Tags