1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Super Street Fighter IV not coming to PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 Sep 2010.

1. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

First of all SF4 on PC was a perfect port (never dropped below 60fps with more advanced graphics settings than console, what else do you want?) of the best game in it's genre in years. So the "OHHHHH, only the best is allowed on my machine or I'll pirate it" excuse (if you can call it that) does not fly at all.

Secondly, F*** you Capcom. I am sick of this pathetic excuse from any dev/publisher. It's not like I was expecting you to release SSF4 on PC anyway, but I would much rather you just ignore PC gamers than bring this crap up again. Legitimate buyers have no control over whether others pirate games, so why the hell are you punishing them and yourselves by eliminating a market? GFWL is required to play SF4. You've already imposed a terrible online system on us once, switching to steam would be a blessing not unfair.

Capcom, this is the most misinformed and rage inducing garbage I've heard in months. You can make up for being such twats by releasing a port of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Thanks.

2. Jim

Jim Ineptimodder

If it took them until the game was 99% finished to decide that it wasn't worth releasing on PC, somebody needs sacking.

3. borandi

borandi What's a Dremel?

So, SSF4 not coming to PC, but Dead Rising 2 is? I have a feeling this is just different arms of Capcom deciding to shove silver spoons up their own arses.

4. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

Agreed

5. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Oh No say it ain't so!

"We don't want to use Steam as that wouldn't be fair"

Not fair to who? Microsoft and their crappy GFWL?

Tisk tisk Capcom but seriously no PC gamer is gonna miss your super duper street fighter mega turbo champion arcade combo breaker ultra slick costume fighter 4 hyper maximum vice versa edition.

besides unless Capcom can beat the Sagat as Kratos , Blanca as Thundercat, El Fuente as Space Ghost, or any of the other 100's of mods then forget it.

6. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Meh... I have SF4, and I don't think SSF4 brings any real value to the series, they are just milking the cow with 3-4 more fighters...
    I thought that SF4 sold very well, even with the pirate copies they must have won some money... Blaming this on piracy is low as usual, every developer favourite line for some time now is "**** you pc pirates"...

7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

And how would SSFIV being on Steam affect Microsoft with G4WL?
    If capcom did put it SSFIV on steam it would still contain G4WL just like all the other G4WL games on Steam.

8. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

It's unfair to us so they lose potential buyers and income, yes I can see how that works.
    Dumb

9. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

This is one case where I don't think piracy was to blame. The problem is that the average PC gamer is the thoughtful, studious type, who would much rather be playing Civilization or Dragon Age or something, and not some crappy 2d fighting game that you get bored of after a couple of days.

I liked SF2..... but that was about 20 years ago and I was a little kid. Things have moved on, and SF4 didn't. It's the exact same game, just flashy graphics and the ultra mega super dooper whatsit.

Evolve the genre and people will buy it. Remake a 20 year old concept with modern graphics and a barely any innovation at all, and don't be surprised if everyone 'tries before they buy' and then says, "meh, forget it".

10. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

This.

I cared about Steel Battalion Heavy Armor, right up until i saw it was Kinect only...

I want a massive controller and a kinect interface for other cool stuff, I have no idea how a mech game will work with Kinect, probably like the driving games with auto accelerate and brake... ohh.. yay fun! :(

11. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

I'm an avid SF fan and I want SSFIV on my PC - FU Capcom, Dead Rising 2 better not get screwed over.

12. sstteevveenn

sstteevveenn What's a Dremel?

so I guess the 1% left to do is the 'porting it over' part.

To the 'it was a perfect port, 60fps what more do you want' post, I was under the impression the pc version was essentially broken single player and was frustrating as hell as a result.

This really does sound to me like they just couldn't make it good enough so they decided they'd try to make some half-arsed point rather than damage the brand.

13. KayDat

KayDat What's a Dremel?

Now, I liked SFIV, but you can't honestly say that it was a "perfect port". The menu tips at the bottom were freaking XBox buttons. And you had to press the letters "A" and "B" in some circumstances for menu confirmation and cancelling for crying out loud! I don't get why they ported it from the XBox instead of the arcade version; the arcades these days are basically running XP anyhoo, just loaded up with DRM encryption stuff.

The game was fine, you're basically playing the XBox SFIV, only on your PC. What was broken about it?

14. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Don't see how piracy can be blamed. Anyone wanting Street Fighter would want to play it online. Pirate copies don't work online.

Also, who actually cares? Street Fighter IV was rubbish.

15. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

here searched my posts for a sf4 pic.. street fighter 4 wasn't rubbish on a pc- it was pretty sweet http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=2254038&postcount=27

now look at pictures on this article.. consoles aren't on par by any means.. that's what pc devs need to start doing- putting up pictures on console and what it can look like on a gaming pc.. maybe it would get smarter people to see the light and build a gaming rig instead

you can use xbox controllers on a pc too and go out to the big screen if that's your thing :D they need to market things like that, otherwise the market will sink more

16. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

pathetic

17. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

I think i can live without Capcom on my PC (especially after playing the 'Lost Planet - Extreme Condition' demo)

18. Memnoch-fr

Memnoch-fr What's a Dremel?

Not too bothered. I only enjoy SF or any other of this kind of game on a console really (Don't bother with SP or Online, just MP with friends). I wouldn't buy the new one in any case, first version 20€ in bargain bin I won't pay 70 for 4 extra characters.

19. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

99% done? They might as well just finish it off. They've already invested the majority of the cost in developing it. They can take the hit on whatever it costs them to throw it up on steam and probably make a profit off it. Don't even bother doing physical copies. Doesn't make sense...

20. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

They're just b***ing, moaning and whining. It's probably a POS flop anyway, so they'll release it in a few months time (due to overwhelming demand), it will fail and they will say "We told you so!"

Tags: Add Tags