1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 F1 2010

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mikeuk2004, 21 Sep 2010.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Damn... need.Nau!

2. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Well it has been released on steam in the UK, and anyone who buys it now can play it, but anyone who pre-loaded the bloody game still can't access it.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

thats a bit ****.

4. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Fooking hilarious. Stayed up till 2 last night like a load of other numpties on the steam forum waiting to download it. No joy. Got up at 7 today for work and checked it and no joy still wouldn't download. Steam and codemaster forums lit up like a Christmas tree with disgruntled pre loaders.

I presume bit-tech got it on pre order hence no review yet?

Last edited: 24 Sep 2010
  5. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

WTF i'm sat here looking at steam message telling me I have pre loaded and can play as soon as it is released, 10 hours 30 mins after my sodding time zones delayed release and I cannot play................ARRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

6. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

7. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I've got civ 5 to play, but I really wanted to play f1, that's why I got out of bed ;(

8. Greenie

Greenie What's a Dremel?

The exact same happened to me, I've been tired all day at work cause of this!

Hopefully it will be good for when I get home, or I'll be pissed.

9. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Love the way everyone is complaining there lol hence I never played MW2 because no way is someone forcing into getting or joining something to play a game.

Hence I still play CoD4 and enjoy it. But back to this game think I will wait and see what happens here but I am really looking forward to trying out this game

10. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Is the PC version of this a Steam only do da, or is it Games for Windows live?
    Looking on play.com/game.co.uk, it shows a GFWL box, but people keep mentioning steam.

Sam

Edit: Never mind, managed to answer my own question i think.
    The achievements list for the the game on PC:
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/f1-2010-pc/achievements/

11. deathbringer67

deathbringer67 What's a Dremel?

Got mine from Game, came yesterday, installed no probs, been playing ever since, never brought off steam and now never will.

Love seeing dirt kick up from cars infront, rain effect awsome too, loving f12010 atm.

12. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

It's GFWL too and can be downloaded there. I think you need a GFWL login to save games

13. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

You are missing out on the best games delivery platform evar! :)

Does F1 2010 Work quite well then on peoples machines? Any lower end machines running it? I want it, but no demo so im not sure with this computer :(

14. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Im loving the gam.

Currently the only issue so far is pitting. I pit first from 3rd place and my pit box is at the end of the pit lane. However, when my stop is done im still sat there, then I see entire grid pass me before they will release me and then end up pulling out in 24th place?

They got to do something about that. Every other race I just stayed out much longer so there are no cars pitting the same time as me.

15. wst

wst Minimodder

Couple of big bugs I've heard about, like the cars on-track in quali and in the race itself just being mobile obstacles and the times being generated on a different background system...

Only that was intentional, and I'm not going to play a racing game if the other competitors aren't playing by the same rules.

16. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I hate the last corners of Catalunya. :D I spin out at least a 3rd of the time.

17. richythomas

richythomas Minimodder

I know it doesn't really help as I'm not sure of your computer spec but F1 2010 runs silky smooth on my computer, no hint of frame loss during any practice, qualify or race sessions. This is with everything set to their maximum settings. The rain effects are simply fantastic!

However I do wish I had pre-ordered it so that I didn't have to download the game as download only came to a little bit of a shock when it is over 5GB on a 1MB ADSL connection. Ended up driving into work for to download it (an hour each way)... took 30 minutes instead of days on end! I bought my copy from www.game.co.uk.

18. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

19. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I preloaded on steam and have had it running since unlock.

GRID, DIRT 1+2, and F1 2010 are all entirely undemanding on CPU, GPU, and memory. Always have been, probably because they are targeted at the Xbox 360.

The issue is one of stuttering, and happens because of a static 2GB cache file on your C: partition. If you place a redirect to a different drive the problem disappears.

20. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Having a blast with this so far playing on expert but with flashbacks enabled due to the random tyre punctures. Difficulty wise i somewhere between pro and legend some tracks I'm winning on a lotus on pro difficulty and others I struggle on legend in a Mclaren, probably just don't know those tracks fast enough.

On the subject of setups I've found that even at Monaco or Hungary i'm faster running low downforce. Don't know why. Also anyone else with a g25 (or possibly any other logitech wheel) found the gear changes to lag slightly?