1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs My Gaming Twitch

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Sep 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

The worst is when you're playing Burnout and then, when you're in a car, you start thinking about 'Hey, if I swerve into that and smash it off the road into that...'

October likes this.
  2. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

Back in the good old days I almost always played thief and thief 2 with the lights out in the room... and wearing a hoodie... with the hood up. Thinking back I probably should have learned how to make a hooded cloak really :p

I think I'd pay for a replacement monitor rather than loose the extreme immersion that so rarely happens.

In many ways isn't this immersion exactly what motion controlled games tried to force?

3. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Does anybody else crane their neck to attempt to see over obstacles without getting sniped?

4. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I have the lunging thing in CoD4 but not MW2. Probably becasuse it's so easy to knife in MW2.

5. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

This is mine along with moving my head to the side when trying to peek round corners.

6. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

i do a little jump when i go to knife a character in mw2, i think its more of a "oh crap. quick!" jump though lol. however getting in the zone really does make me play differently. as i only play well when im at that level of concentration... mw2 score: 58kills-3assists-6deaths

XD

7. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

My Dad used to physically lift himself up off his chair when attempting a long jump in the original HL (especially the dreaded duck-jumps). Not only that, but he'd actually physically groan as he did it.

I don't have a twitch per sé (I just asked my other half), but apparently I do slowly digress from normal human being to a gormless drooling fool who can't close his mouth. Oh dear!

8. Niftyrat

Niftyrat Dremel overpriced like EA games

I am terrible in racing games, the full lean and grip the wheel like it is going to make it faster, I even move forward in the seat sometimes like it will make it faster,

I will confess I knew I played too much rainbow six when I had developed 4 different entry plans for our office dependant on load out of team and whether silencers were employed.

I still walk down the street thinking about vantage points for urban sniping and looking for cover.

Perhaps I need help actually :)

And who doesn't duck when the see an object coming there way in a game

9. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

That's just being prepared!

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I get this too, usually after really intense boss fights. The last time I felt it was playing the new AVP and fighting the predalien as the predator. Only after I finished the battle did I notice my heart was pounding and I was shaking from the adrenaline rush.

I do this too much :hehe: .

11. JAMF

JAMF What's a Dremel?

Games in which one can use TrackIR will quickly cure you of involuntary moves. More so when they use all 6 axes. :)

12. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

I lean a little when turning fast in driving games. Doesn't bother me so much. Seems like everyone I konw does it to some extent.

Oh, and happy 100th blog, Joe!

13. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Dont worry Joe, they made wii for people like you ;-)

14. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Oh, yeah! :D

15. modfx

modfx Loft Gremlin

Been there on de_dust2 many a time :)

16. EdwardTeach

EdwardTeach What's a Dremel?

Definitely do this sometimes. In a tense game like mount & blade I find I lean very close to the screen and I am very animated as I am dodging axed blows.

17. Canon

Canon Reformed

I bring my face right close to the screen when attempting to catch CTs at double doors.

18. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

I do duck a lot in such circumstances.

*BANG* "...why am I on the floor?"

19. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Should I be worried about this twitch developing into something more violent, seeing as I sit opposite you?

20. Muaadib

Muaadib What's a Dremel?

I dropped a cup once, then stared at it frustrated while my left hand's ring finger twitched rapidly...

After a while i remembered i just finished braid last night....

Tags: Add Tags