1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

:D
    good going.

Edit: What's making my life a bit better: Dimmu Borgir's new album (Abrahadabra). While it doesn't have the immediate "OMGWTF-This sounds HUUUUGE" effect of, say "Death Cult Armageddon" or "In sorte Diaboli", the orchestra is real, and professionally written, and that makes the album as a whole seem less pretentious and more serious. I am starting to like.

2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Replaced my laptop after it died everything sucked so hard on it battery lasted 15 minutes ac adapter all taped up hdd was dying and died eventually headphone jack broken

THE LIST GOES ON!

Now i have a nice freshh HP G62-A30SA (i think?) with epic amounts of web browsing goodness! and storage so i can actually store stuff on it YAY! at last a computer that is infact portable!

3. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Well, this has made me pretty happy, I've just turned my HD2 into a Gameboy, Super Mario? Here I come!!!!!

4. Canon

Canon Reformed

Miiiiiight be moving into a new place, smaller but much more convenient and a brilliant excuse for a house warming party lol. Also my sis, if she can get off her lazy arse might be going into business in baking, just like she's always wanted to, which in turn makes me happy :D Right now I am enjoying some quiet time, no work to do, no interruptions, just me and my favourite things.

Oh and shooting competition tomorrow night, bit of craic should be good.

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Ran a blood drive last thrusday, getting an MX518 and a copy of Windows 7.

6. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

I'm in Montreal studying at McGill.

Most people are good with it, a few thought I was Australian and a couple cannot understand it at all. On the other hand a lot of people here have very strong Canadian-French accents which are impossible to understand for me!

Also, saw steve aoki live with an awesome set!

7. coalbed

coalbed What's a Dremel?

the wars with your hands bit ... its like saying if we all just used a penitum 3.. just saying:eyebrow:

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Found and bought some Idolomantis Diabolica. I'm beyond happy.

9. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Just as I walked through a door I saw a man with crutches working his way towards the door. I turn back to hold the door for him and he waves me aside, turns out it has an automatic function I didn't notice, but thanks me anyway.

The smile he had was so grateful, as if never in his wildest dreams did he expect help from a stranger. Made me really appreciate how difficult life can be for people with injuries/disabilities and how a little help can go a long way for someone.

10. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Sorry had to fix that, technically its red diesel but the name is too long so got changed to just diesel. Then the young crowd came along and called it snakebite :grr:

11. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Guess a bunch of people asking for a pint of Diesel didn't work too well eh? Still trying to work out why snakebite, red diesel seems to work quite well actually.

12. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

The problem is that half the time you get scowled at by said person as if you were the devil himself (which I totally understand as if I get asked about my hearing/sight at a bad moment I get really irritated, how about next time I feel like that I just give them a great big smile instead).

Personally I've just passed my driving test and I will have sent of my uni applications in a few days so i won't have anything to worry about until about November!

13. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I know what you mean.

It's really hot in LA at the moment, I had a shitty day on campus in addition to the heat and I have a cold/cough/sore throat. I was walking back home about an hour ago in a foul mood, sweating copiously and glaring at the world from behind my sunglasses. I round a corner, about 2 block from my apartment and some random girl looks at me and smiles this joyful smile. I couldn't help it - I was grinning all the way back home.

Funny how the little things matter, eh?

14. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

You guys are actually making the news up here for that! Some film editor died, I guess.

I really enjoy when people smile/nod/say hello/etc. Really takes the bite off of the fact that we're all really meaningless specs in the great scheme of things. Because for just a moment some small part of that great faceless mass recognizes that you even exist.

That sounded pretty emo, oops!

15. snakerine

snakerine holy immortal gingers

Today i almost had an work accident "stupid with a forklift" buuuuut today i spend a great couple of hours with the geeky girl and she doesnt care that i had flu and kissed me :blush::jawdrop::rock::clap::naughty::lol:

mvagusta likes this.
  16. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

What?

17. hyder

hyder horrible horrible horrible

I've heard it said that the key to happiness is to speak to random stranger every day. It's certainly does help

18. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

50Meg Broadband. Wooosh! :hip:

The difference between my old O2 5ish Meg line and this is astonishing. And just in time for my Apple TV (it's been shipped - Huzzah! :))

19. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Having my first striking class in 3 years tonight!

Also bought lots of shiny toys.

20. Mongwopman

Mongwopman King Ding-a-ling!

Going to sound corny....but currently my wife makes my life awesome! She is just plain awesome!

BentAnat likes this.