1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Dead Rising 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Weekly_Estimate, 28 Sep 2010.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

What a waste of money, complete junk! :grr: never liked the first one either so don't know why i went and bought this...

2. kameltoemunch

kameltoemunch What's a Dremel?

So you're complaining about buying a game which is the sequel to a game you didn't enjoy and which has been described in reviews as being very similar to said first game? Cool story.

Guest-16 likes this.
  3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This. ^^

I loved the first one, can't wait to play this one :thumb:

4. The Toy

The Toy The Ticking Time-Bomb

It's great! I'm really enjoying it so far, and the first game was the only game that has ever made me want an X-Box! I had to complete it round at a friends house because I was so addicted to it. Thank the Gods that this one is on PC (with added co-op goodness).

5. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I too always wanted to play Dead Rising.

I do enjoy a lot of it, particularly the massive hordes of Romero style shufflers. What gets annoying after playing a lot of PC games is they way it loads constantly, just like Resident Evil on the PS1, and talking of resi... it uses the same kind of annoying autosave system.

Stuff I thought would be annoying, like having to save people within timelimits, is not as bad as I expected. It's also really quite smooth.

Today's itinerary is to
    tame snowflake, then use her to eat the psychopatic chef.

If anyone wants to play co-op my tag is invisiblerogz :3

6. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

Currently replaying through the first one before I buy the second :)

7. Darv

Darv Bling!!

I love dead rising! I got the case 0 game on the xbox a few days ago, not bad for only 400 points. At the moment I'm just waiting for dead rising 2 to inevitably drop in price.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's great. It's open world but focused because you have the time limits to get things done. Without it there would be no incentive to move on and no risk or pressure to get through zombies quickly. The first one had crazy awesome mini-bosses too. Excellent game.

9. The Toy

The other thing I like is how there is no "GENERIC ENORMOUS MUTATED ZOMBIE BOSS", simply lots and lots of zombies. It's much more Romero and much more fun.

You see the thing about recent zombie games is that they all seem to think that we find zombies boring and want to fight against the Hulk. I infact love the legion horde of neverending peril, the idea of basic survival by using any means necessary, the fact that swords would be better than guns in a zombie apocalypse... All these things are what Dead Rising 1 & 2 got right.

10. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I just wanted to create a topic seeing everyone's views on the game rather then going on a rant my self, after the first few post people have been posting what they thought of the game, Which makes this topic a major success in my eyes :)

11. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

The first one is the only reason I bought an XBox360. The interest waned though. Happily, DR2 is just plain awesome and should keep me going for a bit, just started on it last night. It seems to be more.. focused.

Am I right in that there's no (or very little) zombie moaning/groaning? It'd be cool if you got some of them muttering, or coming out with 'braaiiiinnnssth' or suchlike. Discovered the nailed baseball bat which is awesome as it mushes a load at once and lasts far longer than other weapons. Good fun!

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I'm loving DR2. The thing that wasn't so amazing about the first game is the fact you kind of had to replay the first bit over and over until you hit higher levels because if you tried to complete it on your first playthrough from level 1, it was almost impossible. Being able to make loads of nail bats at the very start of the game which is a one hit kill against zombies is very useful.

Eeeh, that's debatable. If the zombie infection is spread with blood transfer, then you really don't want to be next to the blood splatter. Plus they're no-where near as effective in real life than dead rising, good luck swinging a broad sword around and cutting through several zombies at once.

13. Darv

Darv Bling!!

What everyone else said, you're free to roam around and do nothing but kill zombies in different ways. But then if you want to do the quests you can and the bosses are all pretty good fun.

That and the more you play it the higher level you get and the game gets even better :D

14. pandoraocicat

pandoraocicat What's a Dremel?

+1 borrowed cop on 360 and had same feelings. I had hopes theyd fix this version as idea is great but i thought it was worse than original one.

15. magickangaroo

magickangaroo What's a Dremel?

:) many a late night with buddies playing the first one. Was Greeeeat.

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Anyone else with the PC release having issues getting their 360 controller to work? :( Mine isnt seen.

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

iirc someone was talking about only the wired versioin working

18. Siberdine

Siberdine Safety Not Guaranteed.

The crafting system is awesome. I took a power drill and a bucket to make a drill bucket. You put it on top of zombies' heads, and their heads get blended, essentially. It's really fun to try out different combinations of crafting weapons. I did play Dead Rising, and this is a definite improvement :)

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I have the wired version! :(:(

How do you craft? I'm only level 2 right now :blush:

20. The Toy

Nah nah nah, wear a motorcycle helmet (protection from blood/infection), some leathers (to stop bites) and use a sword (never runs out of ammo, 360 degree spread). Fair enough, a broadsword isn't a good choice, but still, I hope you are starting to see the ridiculous amount of spare time I have in my life to sit and think about these things.

I need to get out more.