1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Hoffs

Hoffs Seek

Passed my driving test after 4 months! 2 minors :D

Happy days :)

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

RAIN...and a lot of it... :)
    followe dby me going home in 5 getting my bass, some beers and recording one more song for the album of a mate of mine...

3. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

Bearing in mind that I'm coming from a connection where I would think myself lucky to see 100kb/s...
    [​IMG]

I also when to look at the park 5 minutes from where I'm living. It's pretty big.

4. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Laughing my ass off at this is making my life awesome! :lol:

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

The time you save by downloading fast will be wasted once you try to make this POS game work

Can't believe I bought a box version for 50$. What a retard I can be sometimes

also, <3 Sloth

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Made VMWare do something my more experienced colleague claimed it couldn't.

And now I don't have to use that crappy HyperV rubbish.

Go team!

Edit:

My Idolomantis Diabolica nymphs arrived.

So. ****ing. Happy.

For reference, the dead fly next to it is a fruit fly. They're tiny at the moment!

[​IMG]

There are two, but they both look the same at the moment.

Last edited: 1 Oct 2010
  7. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Things aren't necessarily going super smooth with certain people but it still going well and I am enjoying it.

I am also becoming less and less of a chicken. Instead of thinking 'oh i should maybe say something to that person but they may think im stupid so i wont' now its like 'eh they may think im stupid but im gonna say something anyways'. It feels better to just not worry about what someone thinks of what youre saying (as long as youre not being a jerk of course)

Also got the windows on my car tinted yesterday. It looks awesome.

Got them to also fix a tiny stone chip on my windshield for free (covered by car insurance). It was great, but this morning I went out and I now have a huge crack in my windshield. Not sure why as they always do a really good job with everything. Windshield will need to be replaced. Because of my car insurance I only need to pay a $200 deductible to get a new one. But I am going to go there monday and talk to them because I don't think I should have to pay anything.

Why is that not posted in the other thread? Well although its likely I will have to pay $200, I am not making a huge deal out of it. It is just a car, and it is just money. I was rather annoyed about it but I havent gotten really upset or anything about it. So the fact that I've remained calm about it and not made a huge fuss is awesome to me.

Oh... I also spent about 4 hours cleaning my car today. It looks real nice. :D

In a few weeks gonna do a full service job thing on it. Change all fluids and such cuz car has hit 100,000km and I dont think its had anything but oil changed. I dunno.

And I got $100 for my old car. Not too much but better than nothing. Also am getting $100 check in the mail next week and am gonna sell my winter tires from my old car for around $300 - $350.

:rock:

8. hyder

hyder horrible horrible horrible

Well to be honest this issue is both awesome and ruining my life...

Just got a call from another Engineering consultancy asking me to come in for interview, obviously pretty awesome.

Whats **** is that its at 5:15pm TODAY and I am work right now. I can't properly prepare, I'm not wearing my best clothes (semi-smart trousers and very pink shirt) and I'll have to try and get off work a little bit early. Other concerns: I'll be very hungry and its a 10 minute walk from where I am now which might be just on the cusp on how long it takes for my sweaty back to start showing through my shirt.

At least its a family friend who got me the interview and would be my ultimate boss, hope he takes it easy on me :S

AAaargh

9. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

MCAS Miramar air show. Blew my mind again. So much fun :D

10. hyder

hyder horrible horrible horrible

Aforementioned interview now moved to 2:00pm tomorrow, now I can at least shave properly :)

11. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Saturday Night

Ticket to the Giants v Bruins game: £70. Souvenir programme from the match: £5. Drinks at Rockies after the match: £30. Captain Colin Shields's autograph: Free. Getting to see the game of the season - the NHL Premier Challenge: Priceless!

Sunday Night

Ticket to the Giants v Panthers game: Free with press pass. Dinner at Pizza Hut: Free due to team sponsorship. Drinks at Rockies after the match: £15. Opportunity to contribute to media teams efforts for the night, controlling center ice wide camera for the webcast: free and awesome. Seeing the boys fight the Panthers all the way into the final period to a 5-3 win: Priceless.

Bloody awesome weekend!

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

The same that lifts up my day almost every day: Music and good weather.
    Good weather in this part of the world means it looks and feels like it's about to rain.

Music is to say a few things:
    I finished recording the bass bits on my mate's solo Album (into the nebula), and it's sounding killer.
    I am listening to Maiden's new album with all it's notes that are brilliantly crafted.
    I got a sneak peak at some VERY VERY secretive music involving one of britain's biggest names in Heavy metal vocals, that involves 3 of my mates on guitars, drums and bass respectively.

13. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I just ate a bacon sandwich.

14. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

My thread <3, Which reminds me i've joined one of the best community's on the internet.

15. Jimbob94

Jimbob94 What's a Dremel?

Bacon and cheese? :D

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

This man speaks the truth! <3

17. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Got a job offer! wooooooooooooooooooooooo! No more unemployed graduate crap any more :rock:

18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Got my Bravo back from service. New front Brakes and Discs new Sparkplugs Timing double checked, cleaned thoroughly. Didn't pay a cent. :)

19. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Back on good terms with a friend.

20. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Work willing to pay ~£1,000 towards insurance.

Schwing!