1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Samsung announces 1ms monitor

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Oct 2010.

1. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

CRT's take up far too much space (my old 17" had an enormous arse on it) and they flicker causing eye strain. I'll take an LCD screen any day.

Back on topic..m'eh. I'd be more interested in progress in 120Hz screens.

Also when you guys at CustomPC/Bit-tech gonna review some new monitors? The ones in your CPC Elite section have been there for agessss.

Last edited: 5 Oct 2010
  2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Fixed

3. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

Needs more 120hz, no LCD with 60hz really matters anymore to me either. Not for 3D which I don't care for, just for the 120hz goodness.

4. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

BT forums are always good for a laugh, people bemoaning the loss of *CRTs* in 2010, thanks for the smile guys!

5. Goty

Goty Minimodder

Grey to grey is actually the slower transition, I think. It requires a lower voltage, so the time to complete the transition tends to be longer.

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

If you were as hardcore as we are you would cry as well

7. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

I had 21' CRTs from the first time they were available, I do NOT miss lugging around a 70 lbs monitor. Yes they were better in one area, but vastly inferior in every other.

Enjoy,
    S*D

8. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I often wish the response time of my monitor was faster than 2MS when I'm compiling the latest vacation memories. i will be the first to pick one of these up.

9. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

Yep as i say, cant beat a crt.

Ive got a dell 24017 thingl, its ok as i dont game much now, new i would mature one day, oh well.

So yep i very much get it and agree with it as i said in first post,
    I do hold hopoe for the future though, hopefully monitors wont become more profit orientated as things do go these days, and manufacturers start giving us what we want, not what they think we want.

No one moaned how heavy a crt is until tft came along,,,
    Man up, build your musscles, a crt is light compared to what i used to lift at work.

My pc case is heavier than 70lbs

10. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

sounds like my old case- not 70 lbs but it's pretty damn heavy.. if your going to complain about weight- you shouldn't even be going to lans xD

:blush: just pullin your chain star.. with the way gaming is going anyhow, you won't need quick reflexes.. you'll press a button every now and then and it will inflate your balls and tell your the greatest

knuck likes this.
  11. Xir

Xir Modder

Ah, the old Bit-Tech disease...
    We're talking about a 400$ monitor here.

Comparisons with
    >1000$ monitors are unsuited :nono:

Ah...so it's a TV :D

12. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

What can I say... I don't ask for much and am easy to please. :)

13. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

I don't care about pointlessly fast response times. I care about image quality and viewing angles.
    I can't even spot motion blur or lagging on my five year old TFT.
    Plus, for a screen that size, the resolution is pants.

14. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

the Hazro one should be pretty cheap, around £600 to £700. since it'll only have displayport, and no OSD.

but yeah, you won't get any IPS panel for less than 500 USD.

15. Burdman27911

Burdman27911 What's a Dremel?

Can you elaborate? I've never felt the need for a faster response time, maybe a faster refresh rate like a 120Hz screen (fluidity in OS and higher FPS in games), but never felt like the pixels weren't responding fast enough for me... and I'm using "slow" IPS and PVA panels.

Just so you know, at 60Hz each frame is displayed for 16.7ms... I think a little bit of perspective might help weed out marketing schemes. Anything <10ms is a short time, and ghosting should not be an issue if your pixels can equalize in less time than your refresh rate...

16. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Uhm. Who actually cares for viewing angles beyond normal? No one games with their line of sight parallel to the screen -.-'

17. kempez

kempez modding again!

I don't know how people can even stand TN panels, IPS is so ridiculously superior it's not even funny.

I don't get tearing in games, just enable vsynch and it's a whole world of gaming awesomeness.

And I certainly don't miss lugging around my huge old CRT

18. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I was being sarcastic based on their marketing slogans. I can't imagine anyone noticing the difference between 2MS and 1MS in gaming, let alone while watching or compiling "home video".

19. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

surely you'll do more than 1 thing with your monitor.

when gaming, my TN 24inch is fine. but when watching films, where i use my armchair, the viewing angle is way off centre, so a wide vertical viewing angle is needed.

or, if you want to show people stuff, with TN, even 2 people viewing will be a problem.

20. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Well .. My 22" LG screen is not exactly weigthy, so rotating it is not gonna be a major problem for anyone .. Unless you lack arms .. In which case there's a whole new level of problems.

And I don't know about you, but I haven't got any problem what so ever showing people stuff on my screen. You guys must have the most crappy panelse ever produced o_O

Tags: Add Tags