1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Been playing Medal Of Honor (thoughts)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gurdeep14, 10 Oct 2010.

1. Gurdeep14

Gurdeep14 Minimodder

Been playing the new Medal of Honor Tier 1 edition on XBOX 360 since Friday. (I work for GAME and since the launch of Fifa 11, employees are able to buy a copy of new release titles a week before release and we only got 360 and PS3 versions in, not PC)

Anyways, started the single player campaign on hard and got through it in around 12 hours. It was quiet a short campaign, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was devoid of quality. In fact, it the story was much more gripping and intense than Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (which i still haven't played all the way through).
    One thing i did notice is that when there is a lot of action on screen the XBOX struggles (using a new 250GB xbox with the game installed on hard drive) so you can only imagine what it will be like online with grenades going off all over the place.
    So if you can, try and get it on the PC or maybe even a PS3 (I had to go for xbox as that's what all my friends seem to use to play online)

Multiplayer wise, i haven't had a chance to get it online as the EA servers are down, but i had a go on the multiplayer at the Eurogame expo last week and it was rather good, but a bit clunky compared to the likes of CoD MW2, in terms of character movement.

One thing which was rather annoying was the ballistic physics. Bullets can not go through a thin sheet of metal, or a thin brick wall, even with a high caliber sniper rifle. After the destructible environments of Battlefield Bad Company 2, this seems a step backwards.

To sum up, Medal of Honor seems to be better than CoD MW2 but not as good as BFBC2.
    My first ever review so go easy

2. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

You work at game!? Cool!

How much are the 2nd hand ps3's atm

Back on topic

Not bad for a first review, well done!

Considering you said the 360 will be a bit twitchy online with so much going on, The ps3 would laugh at the 360, in this respect right?

Gurdeep14 likes this.
  3. j4ck3l

j4ck3l What's a Dremel?

Looks like a good game giving the open beta a blast myself on pc,either this or black ops is getting my money hopefully MOH will as im bitter towards COD after non dedicated servers for mw2.

4. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Online performance won't necessarily be an issue at it uses a different engine - modified UE3 in the single player portion and Frostbite in multiplayer. I doubt DICE would add much to the engine above BFBC2 so it should be ok.

I'm undecided if I'll buy it this year, DJ Hero 2 is more attractive to me at the moment :rock:

5. Gurdeep14

Gurdeep14 Minimodder

well at GAME you can get a 40Gb PS3 for £180, 60Gb for £190 and between a tenner and £15 more with a game or two.
    Well, i expect the PS3 to be better online as it is a more powerful machine (on paper anyway) i have all the major systems (bar the wii) and with the PS3 vs Xbox battle, i cant seem to find much difference, the xbox loads games faster but the graphics are ever so slightly better on the PS3. Basically, save yourself the hassle and get it on the PC lol
    Thanks :) good luck with Saturday btw, read your thread earlier today.

@j4ck3l i agree, I'm not a fan of CoD after MW2 and the whole lack of dedicated servers and turning their back on PC gamers. Apparently Black Ops will have dedicated servers on PC, but there will be a subscription fee. TBH i think the whole COD series is taking the piss with PC gamers, shame on them. Medal of Honor and Battlefield Bad Company 2 should continue doing well to show the CoD developers not turn their back on PC gamers due to the smaller market compared to consoles.

6. October

October Mariachi Style

Just in case there's any confusion (afaik) the fee is for hosting servers, not playing on them.

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

tbh its not hard to beat MW2 in terms of quality, but i will be interested in seing what its like on the pc.

im guessing that its going to have some stupid arse health regen mechanic?

8. Gurdeep14

Gurdeep14 Minimodder

Its basically like CoD, you get shot, you hide for a bit, full health.....totally like real life

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

oh ****ing goody, consoletard mechanics :duh:

10. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

*cough* Crysis *cough*

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

the only instance where it worked bcause A: there was a plausable science behind it and B: it took over a minuete as opposed to 5 seconds.

12. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Thanks, :thumb:

13. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm looking forward to the reviews going up; interested to see what scores this gets.

14. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I did have a preorder for this, but I've decided to wait until both MOH and COD are both out and see which is better. I don't have the time to invest in both.

15. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Reviews should be out tomorrow - that's when the NDA is up.

16. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

A.) Plausability comes second after game mechanics.
    B,) All I'm saying is don't knock it until you've seen it in action (not that I've got high hopes for it). :thumb:

17. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I didn't like the beta, it was a boring mulitplayer and I thought it was going to be good because Dice did it. Overall I just didn't get a good feeling about the game. Boring, bland, colorless were words I'd use to describe MOH

18. October

October Mariachi Style

I'm guessing Dice don't want to compete with themselves too much... Saw absolutely nothing in the beta that would pull me away from BC2. Or MW1 for that matter.

19. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

Well the EA servers for MOH are down at the moment, so no multiplayer :grr::grr::grr:. Gonna go and play MW2 instead until EA sort this crap out. Never had an issue playing MW2 so your argument seems to be failing on me.

20. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Not pld sp yet but in mp sniper is too easy a class
    Every single fps game I've pld it takes me a while to get used to yet in this game fairly easy to get peeps non scoped, deadly when I've got my tent setup