1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Translation please

Discussion in 'General' started by Superelek, 12 Oct 2010.

1. Superelek

Superelek What's a Dremel?

i dont understand german, but a friend tells me that the video is very funny....can anyone translate it for me ?

2. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

3. omicron

omicron Baud.

it's funny because she has alzheimers and she thinks she is talking to Comrade Honecker about the good old days but really everybody she knows is dead

4. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

^ this.

5. Malvolio

Malvolio .

As best as I can do the gameshow is trying to get contestants to pick out distinct imagery or history from the currency. Of particular note is the word "zug", which means "train", while on the 200 euro note depicted just above (that the camera zooms to) has the picture of a train station. The article you liked to is talking about the practise of the active pursuit of knowledge of the history of currency with links to a wiki-type site that serves much the same function as Wikipedia, but centred directly around currency from various cultures and countries.

At a guess the woman on the phone either has no idea what the note depicts, or cannot guess the word "Station". Somewhat funny I guess, in much the same way that kicking somebody in their gentleman's area would be.

Though I could be way off base, as my german is rather lacking, and I did use google translate rather a lot.

6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

You've got problems, did I ever tell you that?

7. omicron

omicron Baud.

i got 99 problems

8. Sanzy

Sanzy Minimodder

But a duck aint one?

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

The lady is taking part in a TV quiz show. The video comes in just when she has given the right answer to something (which, apparently, is "Zug-zug" --don't ask me why) and has won 50 Euros. She already appears to have accumulated some money. However that is not enough. She wants more money ("Ja noch mehr" = MOAR!).

This throws the game host off a bit, and he asks "What?" She says: "Mehr mocht' Ich haben" (I would like more).

"Wieso den das?" (Why's that?) asks the host
    "Ja" (Yes) she responds.
    "Wie mehr? Ich habe Sie shon das Doppelte gegeben! Wieviel wollen Sie den haben?" (More how? I've already given you the double ammount! How much do you want?)

She negotiates for 500 Euros. Her husband in the background mentions 2400 Euros and she repeats that. The host is puzzled. "Oder noch mehr vielleicht?" (Or more, perhaps?) The lady then goes for 3400 Euros as it says in the title of the screen: "bis zu 3400 Euro" (up to 3400 Euros). He then winds her up, suggesting that perhaps she wants more? 4000 perhaps?

She asks him to consider what he can give her and he looks pensive. "Sind Sie noch dran?" (Are you still there?) he asks. She says yes. He says "Schade" (Pity.). He flounders now, as they are way off script. In the end he says that his producer wants to say something (he's the male voice-over). The producer says: "Wir sind hier nicht am Bazaar. Sie kriegen 160 Euros und ein schlusselband, und nicht mal vielleight 1400 Euros" (This is not a bazaar. You get 160 Euros and a keyring, and not perhaps 1400 Euros.). The lady does not let it go: "400 Euros?". The producer says: "Night ganz" (Not quite). The host then says: please stay on the phone, you're get money.

That's where the clip ends.

Last edited: 13 Oct 2010
  10. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Makes rather more sense than what I got, that's for sure! Still, not quite as funny as it was made out to be...

11. Psycho

Psycho Average

KOMUNISTEEEEEEEEN!!

(sorry had to do it)

Also looking forward to learning German as my third language.