1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Your Room and Computer

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 19 Oct 2007.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Nice setup :) Have you ever had any problems with your I45? I've RMA'd at least 6 in the past 12 months :rolleyes: They seem to be so unreliable :/

2. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

No... but TBH I haven't used that machine much since I got the i7 rig -- I was a bit dubious of Biostar but CPC seemed to think the board was decent. The bios is a nightmare though... I only briefly had a look at the clocking options since the machine is used for work only.

I had the previous P35 board they used to recommend (forget the name now) and I much preferred that, until I killed it by accident (SATA controller doesn't like cables removed by accident when the machine is on, btw :blush:)

3. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I've only got this dark photo atm;
    [​IMG]

4. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

22" and dual 19"?

5. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

correction dual 19's and a 24

6. Unicorn

Agreed, the BOIS in the Biostar boards is terrible. The boards are good in theory... not even that bad in design, but they are built with the cheapest of the crap components available in all Asia, and are unreliable and crap as a result. I can't believe they get away with selling them as "Overclocking Champion" boards. I will never buy a Biostar again.

7. digitaldunc

I'm sure the board in question did set some LGA775 BCLK records though, IIRC.

8. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

If that's the same wallpaper on all three, you seriously need to calibrate those screens!

Apart from that... sweet :thumb:

9. Unicorn

Yep, it did, and I achieved some personal records with the first one I had as well. They were unreliable over time though. Not worthy of the title they had and most certainly not worthy of the award CPC gave it. Anything with such a high failure rate deserves bad ratings... that's one thing CPC can't test for - long term stability and reliability.

10. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

I thought my desk had loads of crap on it :p

take some time from Minecraft to clean the desks xD

11. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

The screens are set right, its the phone camera that makes it look odd just because the 24 is directly pointing at it makes it seem much brighter. I've now set the middle and right one to scroll through wallpapers, as the left is a different machine, it doesn't =( however its view is crowded with windows anyway :)

I tidy it about once a month and think this time i will keep it tidy...not for long. Main culprit is letters, i'll get a better photo of it later

Edit;
    a tidy up removing all stuff that need not be there reveals this wooden surface underneath!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 6 Oct 2010
  12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I had to take fresh photos after installing the second 260 :D

Too bad the camera is so terrible. I think the inside of the PC looks awesome in RL. If only the tower was black inside as well :sigh:

[​IMG]

The insides of the beast

[​IMG]

13. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Chieftec Dragon? Hardcore.

14. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Antec SX1040, which was the exact same tower as the Dragon. It's very old school, extremely sturdy (I can sit on it, no problem) and heavy :D

If you search for photos of that tower, you will see P3s and GeForce 3s in it :D. It's just that old

15. Altron

Altron Minimodder

I was just fooling around in my old HEC case from '03, which is a Dragon but with a different front bezel and 120mm fan mounts.

It's heavy as ****.

Empty, it weighs more than my current steel Thermaltake full tower with a PSU, mobo, giant 120mm tower heatsink, cd-rom, and several hard drives.

There's one fatal flaw with mine, which is why I am ditching it.
    Mine has a single piece top/bottom/right sid.
    I have an AM3 board so I have to have my heatsink with the fan on the bottom.
    The 3.5" drive bay rack can't be removed, because it will hit my bigass CPU cooler. And I can't access the screws on the other side.

You have no idea how much I drooled over the SX-1040B (or the super sexy SX-108i0 AMG)

16. digitaldunc

I really like this case... when did it appear first? Around 1999 or am I thinking of another case?

17. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I'm amazed you can fit all that in there !

Kinda wished I'd kept my Dragon now, With a 4850, non modular PSU, 1 HDD and an Optical drive my Antec 300 is full ! Thats why I have so many external HDD's !

18. knuck

knuck Hate your face

2002 I believe. I have had mine since early 2004 and it is still just as strong as the first day. The only thing that broke is the plastic clip holding the usb ports in place.

:D:D:D

Yeah I know it's crazy. Had I bought all of my components at once, I would have bought a case as well because I would never have expected all of this to fit. My build, however, was made gradually so everything was always calculated.

I was still very surprised when we tested the OCZ Galdiator. I thought the handle would be in the way. Actually, I don't get how it isn't :hehe:

19. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I love the dragon, had to bin one because it was surplus and i couldn't store it or give it away :waah:

Super sexy is the Antec TX-1088 AMG!

20. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I regret selling my Chieftec Bravo now. That thing was a bloody tank.
    ... but i have a Lian Li to cheer me up.