1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Quite possibly the stupidest comment ever about PC gaming

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Guest-16, 21 Sep 2010.

1. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yeah strip away auto aim or what do those guys call it- reticule magnetism, auto aim, sticky aim.. what do you guys want to call it? :D sort of like they did in killzone 2 and you see how really bad a controller is

then again consoles and gamepads are fun for sports and fighting games.. madden pretty much has to be played on a console or pc out to the big screen using a gamepad.. but anyone who's played games like quake 2 knows whats up with fps gaming- you'd also know how clueless anyone saying otherwise.. halo was a total joke

don't get started on the texture and aa differences.. just a lot of people out there don't know what their emachine even does- look at how many people play facebook flash games.. there's a huge market for consoles- I used to be big on consoles back in the 80's and 90's- last was my xbox 360, sold it and haven't looked back

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

But seriously, if they did stop the PC development of these games I may have to go and kill a few console retards in retaliation :miffed: . Not that there's even a remote chance of THAT happening.

3. Ravenheart

Ravenheart What's a Dremel?

Agreed, Goldeneye was superb!

Erm,

Agreed again :p

And finally,

Don't let the door hit you on the way out! :D

4. dangerman1337

dangerman1337 Minimodder

If i want to get raped (not literaly) by him and his friends into human puree, then that would be a god idea :idea:;.

5. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

That's a quality comment. That's like going "Most of humanity are no longer breathing air!"

+lodges formal complaint with the cyber-police relating to idiots being allowed to speak.+

6. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

at quarter to 1 on a wednesday afternoon, there are currently:
    33k people playing CS:S.
    30K playing CS
    32K playing MW2
    8K playing TF2
    5K playing L4D2

Yeah..totally, dead.

7. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

and thats a wednesday afternoon GMT? ... totally.

Lets bang out some stats on a friday/saturday evening slot to Micro$uck shall we? >.<

8. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

Microtrolled

9. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

there are loads of smaller studios creating good games people just chose to ignore them

10. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

As the MS guy mentioned Kinect in his latest statement, I don't think I am going too far off topic with this but....

Does anyone else not 'get' the Kinect thing as a whole? As a piece of technology I think it looks brilliant but as an input to gaming I am not so sure. Most of the videos of this device in action I have seen involve lithe young things jumping around karate-kicking and playing tennis or something with vigour. Now, I don't know about you, but most of the gamers I know aren't exactly 'lithe young things'! In fact a lot of the people I know even play the Wii sitting down!

I quite like the gentle interaction playing the Wii, but I am not so sure I am ready for full on immersion into a sports sim where I actually have to do the running and jumping. Heck, the reason I play sports sims on my PC or console is that I am rubbish at it (not to mention a bit past it) in real life! Do I really want to run around my room, taking cover behind the sofa, or throwing myself on the floor to 'go prone' in a FPS? Erm no, not really!

It might be just me, but I just can't see the majority of gamers adapting to this. It's being touted as how games will be played in the future - I don't know, maybe in the future we will all be super fit and able to bounce around our rooms for hours on end?!?!

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Damn straight! When I play a game I want to move as little as possible - if I want to keep fit there's far better real life alternatives.

12. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

yes i agree however you have to remember that each stage is a stepping stone to a better technology. if everyone acted like xerox back in the 70's 80's and ignored their (good or bad) ideas we wouldn't have a mouse. the point is at the time of the idea we dont know whether it is a bad one or a good one.

i'm all in favour of kinect, just doesn't mean i will have one. what i may get is the 3rd generation kinect that ties facial expression into an MMO along with my keyboard mouse so emotes work really well. technology has to start somewhere and it needs to be developed and released to find problems and explore possibilities

anyone who says anything is a bad idea before it has been released needs to watch
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_of_the_Nerds

13. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Fair point. I am not suggesting it is a bad idea though - I think the technology behind it is extremely cool. There is almost certainly going to be applications for this type of technology in the future I am sure. However, I just can't see it for gaming! I can't work out wether the thought of some of my mates jumping around the room is something I would find funny, worrying or just plain revolting! I would certainly need to keep a defibulator handy though!

I'm certainly not a luddite by the way as I enjoy new technology and have an avid interest in it - just in case people were wondering ;-)

14. Bartholomew004

Bartholomew004 What's a Dremel?

I’m gonna throw my two cents in here.

If I had the chance to get either a great console or top of the line gaming pc it’d be pc any time!

15. pandoraocicat

pandoraocicat What's a Dremel?

Main issue with pc gaming is just go to most of uk retail stores selling pcs (who should be forced to wear robber masks by goverment)and 99% of the pcs in the store cant cope with the games on the shelf and totally over priced. And good luck finding a decent graphics card in one.

Where as go to game shop pick up console game no probs.

One suggestion i did read somewhere that retailers should sell branded pcs. Ie medal of honor pc comes with game preinstalled and guarented to run the game specs.

But he pc is being sabotaged by these stores.

16. Jaberw0cky

Jaberw0cky What's a Dremel?

Surely laying on the floor craning your head up to look at your 50" tv, bolted half way up the wall, is going to result in some form of neck strain?:eyebrow:

As it is, pretty much anyone who owns a wii plays sitting down. It is a fantastic technology but I dont think it has the staying power for gaming. Its better suited for flashy presentations and high-concept office spaces imho.

17. Pieface

Pieface Modder

That's a pretty stupid statement tbh. Console is around £200. Top of the line PC you could be looking at £2,000

18. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

oh dear thought he is stating if he could have one or the other, impling no budget issues....then again i would take the top of the line PC, split it, sell the parts, get me a games console and then with the remaining cash build a decent gaming pc rather than have the "top of the line one", win-win.

19. lizzienotveryhappy

lizzienotveryhappy where not to buy your it from

for me i use the xbox for single player games and pc for online, online you cant compare the two but it cant be denied that pc gaming is dying, you only have to look at the shelfs in game to see how small pc section is, only reason i stick with it is ime hardcore il2 praying for release of bob or i most likely would be console exclusive as well.

20. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

I'm not against consoles... I really loved console games... on my Playstation 1. Back then my PC was utter rubbish when it came to games, and consoles did offer good performance for games.
    These days, the only console gaming I do is once in a couple months a friend and I play a few games on this PS3. Now, if there was ONE thing I could say about FPS games on consoles - how the HELL is someone supposed to be precise with analogue sticks? I'm sorry, but the moment that consoles overtake PC when it comes to FPS games is the day they come up with a way reading our minds, and the technology is magically incompatible with PCs...