1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by wst, 23 Sep 2010.

1. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

So, has anyone else changed their skin yet? (Login to the Minecraft site and hit preferences.)
    Currently using this one:
    http://www.minecraft.net/skin/skin.jsp?user=Silver51

Blended two skins together from here and here in PS.

Also, (on a non BT server) we tried out the canal thing as an overland fast travel option. Punched one 3 blocks wide through the side of mountain, making platforms at any caverns we found. It seemed to work okay, but we just need to a) figure a way of keeping animals out of the water and b) make it a little wider to allow people to pass in both directions.

2. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

That will be great. I heard he has a team now so hopefully he'll get some good patches out soon.

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Just had my computer lock up last night (on going problem, different story) while playing SP Minecraft. Restarted my PC and launched Minecraft to go and get back to work... My world shows up missing. Immediately checked the save files and they were still there so I copied them then tried to load the slot where the world was before. Loaded my old world! Only it moved my spawn about 30 blocks south and 10 blocks west (I just finished building a castle around the old spawn, too) and now the world size shows as only the size of the areas I've discovered since this incident. And speaking of areas discovered, it's now on a different seed world and there are sharp cliffs all along where I'm discovering areas after the crash. Where my old seed was putting an ocean the new one has some moderate mountains. Useful in that various coal/iron deposits are exposed, but its thrown a spanner in the works for some of my trans-continental travel plans due to mountain ranges popping up in unexplored areas that I was banking on being ocean on my old seed.

Bit of a warning for anyone who suspects a lock-up or crash: don't play Minecraft until you're stable!

4. Canon

Canon Reformed

5. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

6. Canon

Canon Reformed

In that case, we beat them to it :rock:

7. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

and we'll be done WAY before 2017.

8. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Sorry for wrong thread.

I've tried throwing buckets of water in but it only clears 5 blocks, 4 of which become obsidian. Think I'll just stick with my way then :(

9. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

That has the be the most un-related post EVER.

if you're talking about getting rid of lava, you just need to connect a solid block to a wall and build into the lava, gets rid of it instantly ;) no obsidian.

Dirt is best used for this.

10. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Yes it is, I tried to find a way to link directly to my post in the other thread but couldn't, so just hoped people would guess :p

Yes clearing lava, but specifically large, deep pools underground in which every tile is a spring (I also need to get to the bottom sometimes - if I didn't i'd just build over the top layer).

11. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Christ, this game has taken off godspeed. I'd never heard of it until today; found a reference to it on Memegenerator and then on Digg, and now I discover this epic thread here on B-T. Seems interesting, is it horribly addictive?

12. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

horribly, horribly addictive

13. wst

wst Minimodder

Yeah, I was getting dreams in blocks after a few days of Minecrafting. Hell, I played classic first, just before going to bed, and had a few block dreams that very night.

14. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Until you get ambushed by a number of skeletons and creepers in the depths of the Earth and lose all your stuff. Then I tend to throw a tantrum and not play it for a few days before coming back to it :)

15. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I've not left my desk all day.

16. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

exactly ;)

17. superego

superego What's a Dremel?

I recently completed construction of a bridge from my initial manor house to the side of a large moutain. I've since then constructed a large keep to the side, with a small bridge across to the mountain and started hollowing it out to turn it into a large vault to store items.

I quite like building things that are just close enough to be seen from one another in the distance, to create a sense of continuity beyond the natural environment itself.

18. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

19. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

20. superego

superego What's a Dremel?

I'm so DLing that Gordon Freeman one when I get home!

Now all we need is a recipe for a crowbar and a gravity gun to help with tricky construction projects.