1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware SilverStone RV03 and FT03 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 19 Oct 2010.

1. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

I was going to buy the 800D, but lots of people told me that that case is really awfull in airflow, great for cable management, but bad in airflow. So I bought the FT02R-Wi, and although is red... is a freaking cool case, just see if u can buy the regular FT02 with the AP180... they are totally worth it. My HD5870 sits at 29ºc in idle... :p

2. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

They look messy.

The FT03 is a nice idea (yay for phinix!) but they're really limiting the market with the motherboard and ODD choices. Not smart :nono:

3. REMF

REMF What's a Dremel?

I like the new FT03 case, i have always liked mATX and love the FT02 case i am currently using.

4. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

i love the FT03!

5. t1alek

t1alek Mind modder.

I really like the direction silverstone is taking with the Fortress and Raven series.
    And the FT-03 is jaw-droppingly-beautiful, it looks a lot like some of the concepts I've had for a case of my own.

As for the champagne trim on RV-03 - I like the idea, if it isn't done in too plasticy a finish it could look rather classy, but it could potentially be made to look cheap.

6. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

I want that FT-03 in black please!

:D

7. steve30x

steve30x What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the info. Yes the 800D ihas terrible airflow. My GPU's are toasty in there even though I added three more fans into the case. The cable management is the best I have come across also. I bought the 800D for the hot swap bay and its enormous size which is easy to work with which I find very useful , but the HDD's resonate through the case and my computer desk resonates with a horrible hummmmm.

I read on HardOCP that with two GTX480's in the RV02 they are a whole lot quieter and run a lot cooler. I just need to change my motherboard when I change my case so that the GPU's are spaced appart to get plenty of air.

BTW how good is the HDD dampening in that case. Do the HDD's resonate much?

8. DBA

DBA I do my modding with a spoon

In the world of gaming cases and mesh were the case almost only consists of holes this is very nice to see.
    I love the FT03. The marked really needs a more exclusive mATX case and this delivers. but I can see the problem with the FT03 being the wires coming out of the top. It could look really messy since it's not a big case.

The Champagne color on the RV03 is gorgeous, I'm being fed up with all those teenage red and blue colors.

9. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

If these perform as well as they look it's a then Silverstone have a winner, the black and gold colour scheme looks good and the white looks well classy. When can I have one of each please?

10. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

There seems to be a fair amount of hate for them but I love both of them.

I can really see the FT03 being a bit of a marmite case, some people will love the form factor & the layout, but some will always hate the radical redesign.

As for the RV03 it's looking much better than it did at Computex, i'm actually a fan of the champagne colour & generally looks like it could be an awesome case.

Definitely keeping an eye out for both of these.

11. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

It's good, I can't hear my HDD's :D The case is pretty heavy, and the only thing making more noise than anything is the 120mm fan on top of the case...

Look at the size of these things

[​IMG]

Idle temps:
    [​IMG]

Maximum temps:
    [​IMG]

One note... I made the "review" (for comparison) on my CM690 at 10 a.m. The tests made on the FT02 was at 4pm with lots of heat here in Portugal :D So... I was pretty amazed.

There was a friend that bought one, because of me... he had the Megahalems cooler installed and forgot to connect the fan... and he still had -2ºc in idle :D He was amazed too...

PS: "Disco" is HDD... :p

12. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

50 quid on HAF X/Darkfleet.

13. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Nah, he's a blatant Lanboy Air fan:

bulldogjeff and mecblade like this.
  14. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Champagne Raven looks pretty nice but too... pointy... :|
    FT03 looks awesome!

15. mecblade

mecblade 14 year old Technophile

+REP for awesome post

16. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

more rep, pukka:thumb:

17. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

RV02 white is nice.
    By the way the "actual" RV02 has the reinforcing bracket as well. Doesn't help routing cables out (the video and audio cables only) but if it prevents the case from bending I'd rather keep it !
    RV03 looks like a random mess of fans, fins and grilles.
    Why no overall interior shot ? Did Silverstone prevent you from snapping a complete interior pic ?
    The window is back on the other side from the RV02.

On this picture you can clearly see one of the Raven's weaknesses, the paint getting away where the panel scratches the bottom. It is the same on my new RV02, and I've not opened it many times...

18. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I really like that mATX case design, you can make it look pretty industrial with the right paint. Certainly interesting.

19. feathers

feathers Minimodder

This particular case looks too dustbin-like in my view.

I have a coolermaster cosmos 1000. Nice curves, nice silver brushed aluminium.

I quite like corsair 800d.

Lian Li PC-A77FR Alumiinium Full Tower Case - Red

NZXT Phantom in red or white (a bit star wars but I like it).

Zalman Z-Machine Black PC Case

:)

20. alex!

alex! Kick-ass:Death ratio 93

If your type in "raven rv03" into google you can view images of these beautiful cases with blue highlights instead, and an amazing black case with green highlights instead of the cream, with matt-green fans inside with green watercooling pipes. It is an amazing case and is making me consider getting one instead of the CM 690 II advanced! Cannot wait for the review :D

I would really appreciate it if Bit-tech would also inform us more about the different coloured versions and possibly where they are available? The beige looks nasty.

Tags: Add Tags