1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Girl coming to stay with me

Discussion in 'General' started by Weekly_Estimate, 3 Oct 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omega Point

Omega Point Minimodder

Well the UoR open day's Saturday so you may not have that long to wait.

2. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Stick with her and do the distance thing. See her as much as you can. At least then if it doesn't work out, you both tried. The worse thing to do would be to end it all so soon over this.

3. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Wha Flibblesan :confused:

They just had a fling, which they might just remember for the rest of their lives, as that awesome time they had when they were young :rock:

Who knows, maybe the next time she's in town, they might both happen to be single... and then they can go for round two :D

I don't think they need to pretend that they have known each other for a long time, or know each other well, or are in love, and that they should try and cling on to each other via long distance... don't you think that would lead to the relationship ending poorly, instead of an awesome memory?

If they were gonna still be in the same town, well they maybe give it a shot, if they really wanted to.

October likes this.
  4. October

October Mariachi Style

+1

No need to jump the gun on this. You're good together, that's awesome - and reasonably rare - but that doesn't mean you should be thinking about becoming a family or anything like it, not yet. Sure, leave the option open for things to go that far but don't start planning that significant a part of your life based on a couple of weeks of phone calls and an awesome night in bed.

Just don't want you getting carried away :thumb:

mvagusta likes this.
  5. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Wait, what!?

:hehe: Typical Bit-Techers, confirmed girl on the forums, and no one notices - prob cause no one believes it :p

welcome! :thumb:

6. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

Guys, I has a rash

7. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I see I'm not the only one to visit her page.... and she has a picture too!!

Good skills Evo, picked a stunner there!

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  8. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

You are most welcome. :thumb:

Much kudos for being such a great sport about this, i know only a few girls that would be able to take this thread for the harmless fun that it is! If at all possible, please pass this skills along to as much of your friends as possible, we need more of you in this world! :naughty:

9. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Plymouth - Reading, that's nothing. Try Nottingham - Groningen (Netherlands, near the German border).

This thread has read a lot like how my wife an I met. We started chatting away online about 2 and a half years before we actually met in person. She came over for a friend's wedding and decided to go back home via Nottingham, within about 2 hours of meeting up we were all over each other and that includes the time it took to get from the station to home and have something to eat. It was another 2 years before she could move over and we got married.

In that time I was at uni and as such had very little in the way of funds to get to see her so it meant that birthday and christmas presents were easy for me and her, travel tickets.

you obviously have something with this girl, if it is worth it then I say make the effort and overcome that distance in any way you can, chat online, phonecalls, text messages, email, hell write her a letter and get to see her as and when you can. It isn't always easy but my wife (of 2.5 years now) and I are proof it can work

DLDeadbolt and Weekly_Estimate like this.
  10. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

That's one hella of a story bro, +rep,

11. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

What? I hope she was clean.

12. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Like I said, it wasn't easy and there were times whe it might have been easier to walk away but neither of us really wanted to and now we are glad we tried. If things really don't work out then as people have said on here, at least you have an awesome story to tell.

Zeus-Nolan and Xtrafresh like this.
  13. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

PS: don't listen too much to the people that tell you to "get married nao"! You are 19, there's plenty of random shagging ahead of you :p

Staying in touch, even staying together is definately an option, but the only one who can make an informed decision about that is you two.

EDIT: also, +rep for the almighty rastus for actually pulling a seemingly impossible relationship off. groningen is even too far for me, and i live in the netherlands!

14. Weekly_Estimate

Marriage these days normally end in shambles,

We're going to stay in touch, and hopefully go from their, See each other as much as possible!, Who know's what the future may hold! :)

15. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

/SLAP for been an idiot. Always use a rubber unless you have both been checked out.

16. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

And now I feel worse for ending a relationship over the distance of Sussex to London. Meh, at least I can do whatever I want now.

17. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

Hmm my favourite kind. :D

Going in without wellies is bad mkay.
    You are far to young to get serious, even if you really like this girl.
    Be a little Fonzy and play it cool and see where life takes you.

18. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

over 50 and alone ?

19. Weekly_Estimate

Damn over 50 and alone, that would require the irl "Esc" Button.:duh:

ps, Permission granted

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Oct 2010
  20. minimad127

minimad127 CPC Refugee

totally agree that one dont set your hopes on anything and play it one day at a time, however also do not just give up because of the distance.

i met my now wife (of nearly 4 years), when i lived in Manchester and she lived close to canterbury in kent so roughly 300 miles, whilst i was at uni, through playing Planetarion,
    just chatted by IRC for age's to start of with, and for a few months i didnt even realise she was a female :s
    anyways after getting to know each other with lots of chatting on irc and talking on the phone and the occasional weekend visit (about 4-6 hours travel depending on traffic and serious soreness at the end of the weekend....) we made it work, been together for about 8 years now, moved in with her around 7 years, married as i said for about 4 years and got a wee girly who is 2 1/2 now

and a quick edit - nice catch there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.