1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Fallout: New Vegas Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 19 Oct 2010.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

What sort of error exactly? I get weird white flashes every now and again. I've tried putting my cards to stock speed but it still appears.

2. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

I think my gpu is on the way out; a couple times now this game has frozen and crashed out into desktop with a quaint little message about nvidia drivers stopping responding and recovering. I hope the little trooper lasts until next month when the 69xx's are out.

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

it's a driver issue.. I'm using the latest beta, but everyone seems to be getting it on the 4 series

dl this http://blog.orbmu2k.de/tools/nvidia-inspector-tool

then load the fallout nv profile in the tool.. delete it

now load the fallout 3 profile and add (browse to) falloutnv.exe

you can tweak it from there in the nvidia control panel

Pete J likes this.
  4. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

I bought the 360 version of it. Loved fallout 3 for what it was. New Vegas is more of the same, can be a good and bad thing. Familiarity is present, but things are different. I hope they patch it soon though, because I'm getting an annoying amount of glitches with mine. I can no longer load any of my saved files for the reason,"requires DLC" or to that effect. hopefully that gets fixed soon, since i'm actually having time to play it now.

5. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

Well I haven't even tried it so no need to try to poke fun at me. I just read about it and it sounded tedious. I play on "Hard" mode at the moment and that's too easy. I would like something harder, but hardcore wouldn't cut it.

Last edited: 26 Oct 2010
  6. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

hardcore mode makes you thirsty and hungry all the time when jumping around the map.. I didn't notice anything special at the end like they said for playing it.. maybe I missed it

here's some of my favorite shots.. rex was a lot of fun and he holds quite a bit of my pack ratting

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

Yeah it sounds a bit annoying to me. It's really nice to have that option though. Nice to see them cater to people who want a more involving experience for a change, instead of super easy mode options.

8. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Yeah rex is great Raul can be a bit of a pain I've had dressed up in the spaceman suit and the helmet LOL he makes a good pack horse.

9. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Here's Raul in his spacesuit lol

[​IMG]

10. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I use Boone and ED-E.

[​IMG]

11. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

Well I just completed this.

It took me ages. It was challenging, thoughtful, funny, at times hugely enjoyable and never dull. By the end I just pushed through to complete it, missing out a lot on the way it has to be admitted. Never ever met some of the other companions besides Boone. Played it largely as a goody two-shoes, with stolen socks.

Can't wait to start modding it and playing it again. Have to say while it might look like and share most of the systems with Fallout 3, it's a hell of a better game. Vastly superior. I played as a non combat character in the main and was very pleased with the diversity in approaches, there were precious few situations that I couldn't either talk my way around or sneak past, which was great to see. It was also one of the few games I've played recently with an evil option that I actually really felt drawn to, because it felt viable.

I think it's a contender for the best story in a game yet, simply because of the variation both in approach and in direction. Mass Effect 2 would be the main rival though it's a lot more narrowly focussed and missions tend to be clearly delineated between combat and non combat, as opposed to FNV where you can often defuse a combat mission and talk it through, or to go to the other extreme just waste a bunch of people who were planning to cooperate fully. The characters are in some ways a little forgettable, but this is mitigated by the fact there's a hell of a lot of them, they are at least generally convincing and that'll do. It lacks the relationships of Bioware's games, which I think is part of their strength, the way that your character connects to the main characters and vice versa, but ultimately you're a lone wastelander, not a team builder, so that's understandable too.

It'll be interesting to see what the mods make of it, considering that it's already substantially better than the original I can't wait to see what pops up.

12. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

I thought the opposite. I completed it, didn't take me long, was very repetitive, got tedious near the end, no epic boss battles, no need for good gear, ended with a rocket launcher full of rockets I had barely used, overall a pretty mediocre experience for me. Just like Fallout 3.

13. cdyson37

cdyson37 What's a Dremel?

I wonder what else the Tiger Woods perk let's you do..!

14. TheLink

TheLink What's a Dremel?

Nice game, love the atmosphere.

15. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

you know what I met up with some old friends that I havent scene since I lived in Vegas... I know right and turns out that both of them did the majority of the voices work for this game lol now I totally have to buy it. :)

Tags: Add Tags