1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Asus launches RoG G53 3D laptop

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Oct 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I wouldn't be admired if it doesn't come with a battery at all...

3. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Meh. Gimmicky.

4. ulfar

ulfar holy s**t, i can change this?

i don't game on the subway, bus or any other location apart from my home (or on a friends pc), £1500 would give me a massive desktop... and a new phone...

5. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Does sound pretty good tho how enjoyable is 3D on such a small screen? Surely 3D needs that extra space and size to make it more immersive.

6. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

If people want a powerful box for LAN-parties, then they should go for mini-ITX-systems instead and do the mobile-surfing with their iPad they magically got the money for by not buying a POS like this laptop.

7. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

No surprise, another epic "**** YOU UK" fail by Asus!

Bit-tech, the next time you meet with any Asus staff please bitch slap them.

Jacking up the price AGAIN and not releasing the 1080P version of the Asus G53 in the UK is just unacceptable. By all means Asus feel free to peddle useless gimmick 3D laptops but don't screw over informed buyers by not making the Asus G53 1080P version available in the UK.

8. McSteel

McSteel Shape Memory Alloy

Way too expensive for what it offers. Actually, even if the price was fair, it's still inconceivable to me why anyone would want a basically non-mobile laptop. Kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?
    Also, I can't help wondering about the G53's ability to cool itself effectively. All of the ASUS notebooks I have been in contact with previously had trouble with staying below ~85°C when under prolonged heavy loads... Sure, those weren't really 2000+ € models, but they didn't have such a hot CPU and GPU in a 15" chassis either.

9. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Asus are probably still hurting after the Buncefield fuel depot went up and toasted their UK HQ nearly five years ago. It's the only reason I can of why the UK is getting the shitty end of Asus' stick when it comes their, frankly quite incredibly specced, laptops. I think the only well-specced-for-the-price gaming laptop available atm is Dell's Alienware M11X. Still.

10. Denis_iii

M11x, I had the Envy14 which is a far superior laptop. Rather get that. I returned mine because the 720p resolution was to low for me to work with but the 14inch display beats 11 inch of mm11x not to mention superior gpu and cpu for same price +-

11. AndyAudit

AndyAudit AndyAudit

This laptop is great! I I still think VAIO are better

12. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Only if we completely forget about the MSI Gaming laptops. In terms of spec for your price they completely trounch the M11x.

Example:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT-025-MS&groupid=959&catid=1828&subcat=
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT-024-MS&groupid=959&catid=1828&subcat=

13. Jezcentral

Jezcentral Minimodder

I wish they would just lose the battery altogether. It would save a lot of weight, and I never use my laptop without having it plugged in, in any case. I'll bet most people don't leave their homes with their lappy, they just have one as a desktop uses so much space. A really powerful laptop won't last too long without being connected, anyway.

They would also save on battery chemicals, ventilation space inside the case and money.

14. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

15. kenco_uk

Pfft, http://www.ndc.co.uk/Alienware_M11x_11_Gaming_Laptop__Netbook__NEW__1_YR_Onsite_Warranty-12223.html#GBP. Yes, the MSI's trounce it, but you get what you pay for. The MSI's are another £350!

16. itrush07

itrush07 Minimodder

Looks cool though, I might try it.. need to replace my old one already.

17. kenco_uk

ATi 5650 trounces the GT335M? I had a damn good look at benchmarks between these two cards and from I saw, the 5650 fps were higher in some games, but in some the GT335 was higher. And a HP? Yuck! Their laptops are terrible imo - they are either very noisy or get really warm and don't seem to be built to last.

18. Denis_iii

19. Denis_iii

if you do please import from the states and get 1080P model

20. Denis_iii

can't make such a wide generalization about a company, HP aint perfect but the Envy 14 and Envy 17 are arguably best notebooks in there segment.
    Also a few frames per second in that segment makes the diff between playable and not playable. Which 5650 did you compare? They come with diff gpu speeds and diff mem to but HP Envy 14 vs M11x....Envy 14 wins hands down no contest.

Tags: Add Tags